SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

abernathy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:19 pm I finally got ST4 Standard installed, but I can't authorize it. It prompts me to authorize, I paste in my Serial Number, it says it's SampleTank 4 is authorized, but AU plugin says it isn't authorized. The Authorization Manager asks for my Serial Numbers (plural) - am I supposed to have 2 serial numbers?
So it says that SampleTank 4 is authorized, but my SampleTank 4 library is NOT authorized (there's a lock on it that takes me to the website to buy it). I assume I need another serial number for the library? But I don't have another serial number... ugh.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:09 pm
receder wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:50 pm Not sure if anyone else has noticed this so I'll ask again as it's now 3 pages back. I bought the standard version of ST4 and some of the downloads have gaps in their part numbering e.g. ST4 Acoustic Drum Kit Sample Part 1 followed by Part 4. Is that because you only get parts 2 and 3 with the MAX version or is there something missing from my downloads? I haven't finished downloading everything yet so can't install just yet to see if it causes a problem.

Does anyone else with the standard version have the same or maybe Peter could respond? Thanks
You will have the proper downloads for the version you registered, and yes there may be non-sequential files in the list.
Thanks for confirming Peter.

I notice that ST4 SE has now also appeared in my account (due to purchase of Total Studio 2 MAX late in 2018). Would I be able to sell that version as I don't need both?

So I went to run the app and it corrupted my desktop
Tried to run it in administrator after and it crashed my computer. Then I went to load the plugin in FL Studio and it came up with a popup that said "DIB cannot be made." I've reinstalled Sampletank 4 multiple times to no avail, and of course I've activated it through Authorization Manager. I know there will be bugs at launch and I know this is something to report to techsupport, but c'mon. Things would only be this severe if it wasn't really tested on Windows 10, which I don't doubt. This needed A LOT more time in the oven.

@Peter IKM
I've downloaded and installed all the ST4 Max content and it's actually working :) . Can I install the ST3 content in the same folder or do I have to create a new folder?

Anlon wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:48 pm @Peter IKM
I've downloaded and installed all the ST4 Max content and it's actually working :) . Can I install the ST3 content in the same folder or do I have to create a new folder?
I'm really confused about this. I don't understand where ST3 content goes. It looks like the installer put all the ST3 Instruments in the ST4 folder, but when I choose them in the plugin it can't find the content. I'm afraid my install is a total mess...

abernathy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:55 pm I'm really confused about this. I don't understand where ST3 content goes. It looks like the installer put all the ST3 Instruments in the ST4 folder, but when I choose them in the plugin it can't find the content. I'm afraid my install is a total mess...
That's what I was afraid of. So I haven't installed the 8 ST3 libraries for now.

Anlon - did you get 2 serial numbers (ST4 + Max content)? I only have 1 serial number and it doesn't authorize my ST4 library, just the plugin. Thanks.

I am assuming that I don't need to download the ST3 stuff listed under ST4 downloads as I already have ST3 installed. I am hoping that what was said before about ST4 being able to pick up existing ST3 libraries is true!

Abernathy: I only got one number. I opened the authorization manager and typed it in. It popped up when I first openend ST4. I started ST4 in stand-alone mode, before I opened my DAW.
Oh, and I was asked to update the authorization manager.

Anlon wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:10 pm Abernathy: I only got one number. I opened the authorization manager and typed it in. It popped up when I first openend ST4. I started ST4 in stand-alone mode, before I opened my DAW.
Oh, and I was asked to update the authorization manager.
Thanks. I've contacted tech support. I think there's something wrong with my serial number/account.

not
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

I would recommend using a separate folder, especially now that SampleTank 4 allows you to point to multiple library locations.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:38 pm Have they got that list out yet of the comparison of instruments in each version?
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#soundlist

actually
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

@Peter, are there any plans to improve the download process? the current process doesn't scale. FFS you don't even provide direct download links, so i can't even set the sounds to download and go about my day - i have to religiously watch every download and constantly babysit it. whoever thought this would be a good idea for a 250GB library in 2019 should be fired on the spot.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Instruments”