SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Yes the Windows (maybe different on the mac) Strings 3 & 4 zips appear to have extra data at the end and don't extract without errors. Not sure I care, they didn't fix the crashing in the Steel Drum Studio instrument. Over a year and a major version update, still no fix for a 100% reproducible crash.
-Matt

Burillo wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:11 pm Strings part 3 and 4 are corrupt. i've redownloaded them twice, no luck.
Happens also here. Downloaded twice but no luck.
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

i've repaired the archive with WinRAR and i got most of what was included in parts 3 and 4. i'll wait until IK fixes the archives.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Here's the contents of the strings part 3 Mac dmg file. Is it the same as the windows version? If so perhaps you could use it. I think 7zip will extract dmg files.

Code: Select all

Samples
Samples/SampleTank 4
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Accented Sustain
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Accented Sustain/Accented Sustain.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Accented Sustain lp
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Accented Sustain lp/Accented Sustain lp.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Crescendo
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Crescendo/Long
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Crescendo/Long/Long.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Crescendo/Short
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Crescendo/Short/Short.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Diminuendo
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Diminuendo/Diminuendo.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Falls
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Falls/Long
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Falls/Long/Long.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Falls/Short
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Falls/Short/Short.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Fortepiano
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Fortepiano/Fortepiano.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/FpCresc
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/FpCresc/Long
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/FpCresc/Long/Long.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/FpCresc/Short
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/FpCresc/Short/Short.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Glissando
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Glissando/Down Long
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Glissando/Down Long/Down Long.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Glissando/Down Short
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Glissando/Down Short/Down Short.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Glissando/Up Long
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Glissando/Up Long/Up Long.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Glissando/Up Short
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Glissando/Up Short/Up Short.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Pizzicato
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Pizzicato/Pizzicato.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Scoops
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Scoops/Long
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Scoops/Long/Long.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Scoops/Short
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Scoops/Short/Short.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Spiccato
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Spiccato/Spiccato.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Staccato
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Staccato/Staccato.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Sustain
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Sustain/Sustain.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Sustain lp
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Sustain lp/Sustain.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Transitions
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Transitions/Separate
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Transitions/Separate/Separate.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Tremolo
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Tremolo/Tremolo.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Tremolo lp
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Tremolo lp/Tremolo lp.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Trills
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Trills/HT
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Trills/HT/HT.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Trills/HT lp
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Trills/HT lp/HT.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Trills/WT
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Trills/WT/WT.pak
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Trills/WT lp
Samples/SampleTank 4/Strings/Violas/Trills/WT lp/WT.pak

crisis-at-music wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:34 pm
Burillo wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:11 pm Strings part 3 and 4 are corrupt. i've redownloaded them twice, no luck.
same here .

but last time i downloaded ST4_Strings_Samples_Part3.dmg and ST4_Strings_Samples_Part3.dmg and unpacked it with the freeware 7zip , the unpacked dmg are also contains the windows installer .

i see user jcgam has beat me with the answere .

Great minds think alike DrumAddict :D

Good hint. Trying the Strings 3+4 files for MAC.
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

DrumAddict wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:45 pm
crisis-at-music wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:34 pm
same here .

but last time i downloaded ST4_Strings_Samples_Part3.dmg and ST4_Strings_Samples_Part3.dmg and unpacked it with the freeware 7zip , the unpacked dmg are also contains the windows installer .

i see user jcgam has beat me with the answere .
That's probably the best suggestion at the moment as this has been reported and is being fixed but in the mean time that's likely the best workaround. Thank you for that, I was just coming here to confirm these two files were reported, confirmed, and being fixed.

stardust339 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:29 pm Here's a review from someone who bought the regular version. I have a good idea of what I missed from Max, so I'll cover that too.

Overall, ST4 is a big step up from ST3. ST3 focuses on wide variety of sounds, while ST4 focuses on quality, and it shows. I went with regular edition mainly due to disk space limitation. The regular edition lacks strings and woodwinds while only has a few types of brass, but my Miroslav 2CE is more than enough to fill in the gap.

Piano: I was really blown away from the quality. The old ST3 piano were adequate but felt short of dedicate piano sounds, but ST4 piano rivals or even surpasses them. The piano on regular version is ~16 gb (12.7 for the one main piano, and 3.3 for lesser SE sounds). Max is kinda overkill given how great what is given out in regular edition for piano.

Guitar: Another storage ogre totaling 17.46 gb. The quality improved massively from ST3, but there are only two guitars, and no nylon. It's sufficient for what it does, but I felt the good stuff are locked behind Max.

Brass/Woodwind: There are only trumpets, trombones and two saxes in this. The quality is very impressive that it makes me regret not getting the missed sounds in Max (solo flute, string ensembles and some brass), but I'm more than happy with what I got.

Drums: There are two acoustic drum sets (acoustic pop and vintage rock) and a dozen electric drums covering a wide range of usage. The quality feels very nice compared to the smaller feel in ST3, but the acoustic drums lack that certain flavor I desire. I wonder if I could've found what I wanted in Max.

Synths: A very nice and wide range of selections of synth sounds that establish themselves compared to Syntronik. For someone who doesn't use synth sounds much or just expect to pop a few in those rare moments, this is more than enough for me. Syntronik still comes above.

Bass/Chromatic/Electric Piano/Organs also sounded great from what I tried. Organs is a bit overkill in the range of sounds available, while chromatic is a bit lacking with the selections.

Voice: Big improvement from ST3, which sounded like a cheap child's keyboard. The new voices sound genuinely real.

Ethnic: My only complaint of the library. It lacks the absurdity and unique offerings in ST3. I ended up saving accordion and temple gongs from my ST3, because I still love those very much.

Overall, it was a very good purchase. A great value of quality sounds for a very good price. There are sounds I wish I had from Max, but what I have is more than enough. I ended up discarding voice and ethnic due to disk space limitation and the fact I won't use them. One tip about the browser is by selecting authorized sounds only on the top left, the drop menu transforms into a very nice and concise version. One complaint about the browser is the genre breakdown feels unnecessary; I'd do better with actual divisions in ST3 like solo strings vs ensemble strings.
Thank you for the detailed review. I'll make sure the team reads this and also that you didn't get enough absurdity for your liking too ;)

Did I mention how fantastic the Strummer is? Wow, I'm blown away! I can finally create realistic guitar parts with infinite possibilities, without actually playing guitar!

cleverr1 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:10 pm
MadDogE134 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:08 pm as for individual files... that is no big deal imo and i certainly don't know why folks cry about a download manager except being lazy. it ain't rocket science this but it does take patience and a little time to do it. cheers
I think it's a big deal. The product should have been provided with a logged installer for the whole library so that everyone has exactly the same ST4 installation for ST4 Max for example.

To do this in a proper repeatable way this should have been automated. I've seen no documentation available covering switches for the installers, else it would have been possible to extract everything and compile a batch file of all of the installers that could do sequential silent installations.

Having everyone who's technical or not having to do this manually is only creating a big problem for the IK technical support guys - good luck with that.

The cray thing is that all these 100 individual .zip file do is to create folder/file structures which could then be backed up to an archive, so why oh why was it not supplied as such an archive across a set of archive files in the first place? :dog:
not sayin' it ain't a pain.. it is/was but most of us kinda expected this didn't we? cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

ellsworth wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:42 pm
Bruceferraudi wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:43 am
Here's the thing though....I really desire to have a product like Sampletank to work as advertised bc it appears to be a wonderful design and concept for which I would be the perfect fit for and for which I've been yearning for in the software realm since parting with my Motif ES6.
This is exactly why I stay interested in Sampletank and am always hoping they'll finally get it right. However, having just burned two whole days babysitting downloads and after a quick tour of some presets... I don't think my Kurzweil PC3 is going anywhere soon.
Yeah exactly my experience downloading ST3 and what a headache that was. Not too reassuring about your experience so far with the presets so curious to hear how you feel after spending more time with it. I'm most interested in your thoughts on bass guitars, Rhodes/EP, guitars and chromatic/percussive instruments. (Piano and orchestra I'm sure are plenty good enough for my playing and I have plenty of nice drums and synth options.)

Thank you so much Stardust33 for your review/response!! Your insights are both indespensible and reassuring. :tu:

As far as sounds, Piano was already good enough for me but great to hear it's even better! Guitars are important and they were already decent but also nice to hear theyve improved. It's interesting how the orchestral sounds are a bit incomplete for the standard version but I ordered the Max and these sounds aren't the most important for me anyhow. Drums I have well covered with other stuff but it's nice to have good quality stuff all in the same gui/kit/instrument.

Disappointed about the lack of new ethnic offerings but happy to hear about the greatly improved choirs as they were probably the weakest part of V3, besides stability. And I suppose I have enough between V3 and NI W Africa plus I think Max might have a few more.

Funnily enough you spoke least about my 3 favorite categories-Chromatic percussion, bass guitar and electric piano/Rhodes. Again, V3 was already decent to good in these categories but excited to hear the new versions too and despite also having Scarbee Rhodes and bass I can't seem to get enough of these instruments.

Cheers and much thanks again 🤗

Any other comments on stability or sounds from other users?

I'm confused so max comes with sampletank 3 sounds plus extra all new sounds? is the basic just sampletank 3 sounds and lil bit more? Is sampletank 4 max all new sounds?

Return to “Instruments”