DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:59 pm
killmaster wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:34 pm I do have one question. I just started trying to use Flexi but when I do, its seems to overwrite the CC assignments for my Komplete Kontrol S61 dials. So I can assign a CC value to a function with Flexi, but then my keyboards dials CC values are not available to me. If I open The Komplete Kontrol Controller Editor for the S61, they come back. I must be doing something wrong. Would appreciate a hint... Thanks again for all your work and generosity on these scripts. Where can we make a donation please?
What do you mean by "my keyboards dials CC values are not available to me"?! If you try to do manual mappings in Bitwig and use the Flexi (or any other extension) this will not work.
I mean the 8 dials on the Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk. 1 keyboard. By default they have CC assignments which I use to modulate but when I'm using Flexi script, the display under the knobs says "START BITWIG TO PLAY" and I no longer have CC assignment for the dials. So if I use a slot to assign a function to a CC # I have no way to modulate that function. I feel like I must be missing something completely basic on how the Flexi script is supposed to work, but I assume that I can use it, in part, to assign Bitwig functions to be controlled with continuous controller messages...

moss wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:34 pm
kmatm wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:44 am Hi - new user here. I'm using the Launchpad mk2 and the latest drivenbymoss (5.2), and cannot get Bitwig's scene UI to scroll with the Launchpad when I use the left-right arrow keys. I can see the 8-scene selection block highlighted in Bitwig and this scrolls, but the UI does not and remains fixed on the first 10 scenes. Is this possible? I searched the KVR thread and couldn't find a solution....?

52766747_10155693252986548_3859842501384863744_o.jpg
Seems I introduced some scene scrolling bugs in the last vesion. Will be fixed in the next update.
I still experience the original issue with v5.5 - when I scroll scenes on the launchpad, Bitwig's UI remains fixed and will not scroll with the Launchpad. Is this by design, a bug, or not possible?

killmaster wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:03 am I mean the 8 dials on the Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk. 1 keyboard. By default they have CC assignments which I use to modulate but when I'm using Flexi script, the display under the knobs says "START BITWIG TO PLAY" and I no longer have CC assignment for the dials. So if I use a slot to assign a function to a CC # I have no way to modulate that function. I feel like I must be missing something completely basic on how the Flexi script is supposed to work, but I assume that I can use it, in part, to assign Bitwig functions to be controlled with continuous controller messages...
I hope this makes it clearer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeK9cGfNDeo

Hello Moss,

Danke for your MCU driver!. This is a life-saver on my "oder" Icon qpro. I set my device in Cubase mode (see https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.icon-gl ... erlays.pdf) but the button layout is slight different. A few handy buttons from your video are missing from my device like the user and plugin. I have a VSTI button but thats "save" the project. (wrong mapping?)

So is there a smart way to remap some buttons in your script ?

Could "display tracknames" be maped to a F1-F8? I use this feature a lot and now i need to go in to the settings to turn it on /off. If "display tracknames" is on then they overwrite the "knob fuctions" in the track view. Example: in track view the first knob is volume, with "track names on" its overwritten with the name of the first track.

dot.solenoid wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:16 am Danke for your MCU driver!. This is a life-saver on my "oder" Icon qpro. I set my device in Cubase mode (see https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.icon-gl ... erlays.pdf) but the button layout is slight different. A few handy buttons from your video are missing from my device like the user and plugin. I have a VSTI button but thats "save" the project. (wrong mapping?)

So is there a smart way to remap some buttons in your script ?

Could "display tracknames" be maped to a F1-F8? I use this feature a lot and now i need to go in to the settings to turn it on /off. If "display tracknames" is on then they overwrite the "knob fuctions" in the track view. Example: in track view the first knob is volume, with "track names on" its overwritten with the name of the first track.
You can use the editor that comes with QCon Pro to change any key to send a different MCU command. This way you can change anything to your liking.

Hi,

I'm using the old (seems to be very rare) Icon Qcon, see https://photos.app.goo.gl/t1jsezU4DQ5rxsN36 . I has only 1 display, no VU meters, slighty longer display compared to the qcon pro. Also i have 5 buttons (unnamed button/sel/mute/solo/rec) per track instead of 4

There is no Imap software that support this device (only "qcon pro" not the old "qcon"). Also i can find anything on the icon website, its seems non-exsisting.

That why i want to adjust this in the script.

My Effects VSTI midi command is
| 90 144 | 50 80 | 7F 127 | 1 | Note On Ab7
| 90 144 | 50 80 | 00 0 | 1 | Note On Ab7

My file/automation Save (midi):
| 90 144 | 48 72 | 7F 127 | 1 | Note On C7
| 90 144 | 48 72 | 00 0 | 1 | Note On C7

functions F7 - F8 (midi)
| 90 144 | 3C 60 | 7F 127 | 1 | Note On C6
| 90 144 | 3C 60 | 00 0 | 1 | Note On C6
| 90 144 | 3D 61 | 7F 127 | 1 | Note On Db6
| 90 144 | 3D 61 | 00 0 | 1 | Note On Db6

Hi moss,

are you aware of the fact that when controlling vsts from Push the values of the parameters are always off?
The faster you twiddle the knobs the more the values are off. This goes both ways when moving the lknobs on the Push but also when moving the knobs on the software.
The values are always off. They never correspond to the real value of the knob in the vst.
This does not happen with Bitwig devices, though.
I'm using Push 1 with extension version 5.5.
Thanks!

Cheers!

kmatm wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:50 am
moss wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:34 pm
kmatm wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:44 am Hi - new user here. I'm using the Launchpad mk2 and the latest drivenbymoss (5.2), and cannot get Bitwig's scene UI to scroll with the Launchpad when I use the left-right arrow keys. I can see the 8-scene selection block highlighted in Bitwig and this scrolls, but the UI does not and remains fixed on the first 10 scenes. Is this possible? I searched the KVR thread and couldn't find a solution....?

52766747_10155693252986548_3859842501384863744_o.jpg
Seems I introduced some scene scrolling bugs in the last vesion. Will be fixed in the next update.
I still experience the original issue with v5.5 - when I scroll scenes on the launchpad, Bitwig's UI remains fixed and will not scroll with the Launchpad. Is this by design, a bug, or not possible?
You are right. It seems that the necessary method is broken.

dot.solenoid wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:24 pm There is no Imap software that support this device (only "qcon pro" not the old "qcon"). Also i can find anything on the icon website, its seems non-exsisting.
Ah, I see.
dot.solenoid wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:24 pm That why i want to adjust this in the script.
To change that in a generic way, I would need to make every button configurable. I thought about that before implementing the MCU support but I decided that that would be a bit too much.
As a workaround you could use something like "Bome's Midi Translator" to remap the buttons.

stamp wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:02 pm Hi moss,

are you aware of the fact that when controlling vsts from Push the values of the parameters are always off?
The faster you twiddle the knobs the more the values are off. This goes both ways when moving the lknobs on the Push but also when moving the knobs on the software.
The values are always off. They never correspond to the real value of the knob in the vst.
This does not happen with Bitwig devices, though.
I'm using Push 1 with extension version 5.5.
Thanks!

Cheers!
I heard about problems with some VSTs. You can try to contact Bitwig.

5.6 is online!
  • MCU
    • Fixed: Removed unescessary clip indication.
  • Midi Monitor
    • Fixed: System Exclusive formatting was wrong.
    • Fixed: Check for MMC was wrong.
  • OSC
    • Fixed: Track selection did not work when using only "select" and/or did not set 1 as parameter.
    • Fixed: Decimal changes of tempo did not work.
    • Fixed: /device/layer/{1-8}/send/{1-8}/volume and /device/layer/{1-8}/send/{1-8}/volume/touched

Unfortunately I still experience the same non-scrolling UI issue. I still don't know whether it's an issue with the extension, or expected behaviour.

To replicate (and explain again):
1) Load clips into 20 or so scenes (more than what fits on your screen)
2) With the Launchpad, scroll through the scenes till the start of the scene selection moves out the screen
3) I was hoping Bitwig would scroll through the scenes in the UI as the Launchpad does, but Bitwig remains on the first 8 or so scenes..

kmatm wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:42 am Unfortunately I still experience the same non-scrolling UI issue. I still don't know whether it's an issue with the extension, or expected behaviour.
As I answered above the necessary method is broken (it does nothing). Bitwig needs to fix this.

moss wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:13 am
babyblue wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm Hi,
Flexi vers. 2.20 in BW 2.5.Beta 7 (PC)
i have problems with select previous bank page. Select next bank works fine and jumps to track 9, 17 etc. but when selecting previous bank page it jumps back from track 17 to 16 and then, when pressing again, to track 8, when now pressing next bank page again , it jumps to track 9 at first and then to 17.
Am i doing sth. wrong?
That's actually intentional.
Hm, don't understand the intention or benefit of this new feature and what is the advantage.

I just realised that when using the Launchpad to select scenes, the selected scene only remains highlighted green while waiting for the next bar to start. Once that scene has started playing, it is no longer highlighted. This means if you look away, it's really easy to forget which scene you have playing.

Is this by design, or something that can be set somewhere?

Return to “Controller Scripting”