Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

That's a known bug. They are working on fixing it.

oh cool, thanks for the info!

Experimenting with sequencing the global sample rate of BYOME for some glitchy pitch shift effetcs.
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/byome- ... e-sequence

An example of the same technique, but it's a little bit easier to tell what's going on. I also did some other BYOME stuff towards the end, just because I could :hihi:
You can hear the dry sound (just a simple sine synth sequence) at the beginning:

https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/byome- ... e-sequence

I keep saying BYOME is more than just a glitch machine that messes things up, and it definitely is, but sometimes it's just fun to simply destroy things :hihi:

Microtonic and Podolski through BYOME :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/microt ... ome-glitch

I wonder when they realease an update to Byome. Also I wonder if integration of new modulators into Sandman Pro etc. will happen at some point or if they already moved on to only developing the new synth.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:50 am I wonder when they realease an update to Byome. Also I wonder if integration of new modulators into Sandman Pro etc. will happen at some point or if they already moved on to only developing the new synth.
BYOME update is in active QA right now on PA's end, along with patches for SpecOps, Dent, Indent, Fault, SP, Zip. We have a few projects in active development right now other than the synth, but I can't let anything slip just yet.

Can I make a suggestion for your already wonderful modulation system? Please add the ability to store a preset recall system for the step sequencer.

I think it would be cool to be able to somehow modulate through a sequence of patterns in a patch. You know maybe a knob that lets you cycle through 16 patches or something. U-he Bazille has something like this.
:borg:

There's a bug in several of the plugins on Windows (among them Fault) where modulating the delays in independent mode will always give quite a high degree of modulation even if I turn down the degree of modulation in the modulator. Hopefully this can be fixed, it's so bad that turning the degree of modulation down makes no audible difference to me as it should. It seems it kicks in as soon as different modulators are chosen for each delay.

I want the pitch shifting to work better in Byome. Would also like to see series and parallel and or panning movements and filtering that can be split/widened. If any of this is possible I could have just missed it

BYOME only has serial routing, use wet/dry balance in each module for pseudo-parallel effects.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Any news on the still outstanding first bugfix update, or an official ETA?

I think after last year there was another build send to the Plugin Alliance QA 3 weeks ago or so? but on the website we're still on v1.0

Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm BYOME only has serial routing, use wet/dry balance in each module for pseudo-parallel effects.
I'm pretty sure UA is aware of the requests for parallel and multi-band processing and hopefully they're working on a solution. Alternatively, your DAW hopefully should have workarounds for that?
Last edited by antic604 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:39 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm BYOME only has serial routing, use wet/dry balance in each module for pseudo-parallel effects.
I'm pretty sure UA is aware of the requests for parallel and multi-band processing and hopefully they're working on a solution. Alternatively, your hopefully should have workarounds for that?

If Byome would get some "Splitter" Modules ala, Mid/Side, L/R, Crossover etc. with the ability to assign effects to the different signal paths it would be absolutely amazing. Maybe for version 2 :phones:

😁😁

Return to “Effects”