Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM [RELEASED 27-03-19]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

K-Bee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:25 pm They did say march bu I haven't checked my omni yet. Want it NOW!!!
I want it all
I want it all
I want it all
And I want it NOW!!!
~Queen
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

HA! Didn't even think of that :lol:

Ben H wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:50 pm
K-Bee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:25 pm They did say march bu I haven't checked my omni yet. Want it NOW!!!
I want it all
I want it all
I want it all
And I want it NOW!!!
~Queen
:hihi: :tu:

give it to me now .......... grandma :D

For 2.6, I am looking forward to the new sounds that go along with the new synths they’re adding for hardware integration. The D-50 is one. :)

I wonder if it will use any actual samples from the synth or if it is synthesized and in the “likeness” of it?

Spectrasonic’s It’s March now!
:love:

Give it to me baby, aha aha! :D
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Is it true, that Eric said on Facebook end of March? :scared:

Only 4 weeks left in March... :)

I always found the Omnisphere sound a bit “samey” even with all the choices.
Going by the demos on YouTube the hardware integration will make it sound much more varied.
I have an Andromeda and when Eric demoed it’s integration I would have found it difficult to tell the difference if I hadn’t been told.
It definitely takes on the character of the synth. Not 100% but good enough for me to consider buying it.
They have to add filters etc for it to work. Although no samples as such are used. Might be different in wavetable synths.
If they can do it with something as complex as the A6 then the sky’s the limit.
That’s there objective and fair dues to them.

jpga wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 pm Spectrasonic’s It’s March now!
:love:
Ah, March, a time for the fading of winter and the growing of Omnispheres.

rightofway wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:29 pm I always found the Omnisphere sound a bit “samey” even with all the choices.
Going by the demos on YouTube the hardware integration will make it sound much more varied.
I have an Andromeda and when Eric demoed it’s integration I would have found it difficult to tell the difference if I hadn’t been told.
It definitely takes on the character of the synth. Not 100% but good enough for me to consider buying it.
They have to add filters etc for it to work. Although no samples as such are used. Might be different in wavetable synths.
If they can do it with something as complex as the A6 then the sky’s the limit.
That’s there objective and fair dues to them.
"samey"?
Brah, there are more than 14,000 sounds in this software (before the upcoming update), not much bread & butter sounds (because really that's not what omnisphere is about) but the posibilites of this plugin are endless. I've been using omnisphere for a long period and I don't think I've discovered even 20% of what this plugin has to offer. Plus if you combine it with keyscape and trilian, that's a killer.

Great to know for non Andromeda owners like myself. It's sorta like getting an Andromeda plugin 8)

When I was watching a video with Eric in it talking about v2.6, it made me wonder what other small features might be added. For example, he mentions for 2.6 they added the same type of Bias control that the D-50 has.

It's mentioned at around 5:25 in this video:
https://youtu.be/flRJrG3ojS0?t=325

YES!! To those who feels Omnisphere is over rated, I can say i personally see a lot of Asian music makers(I'm Asian) using only Omnisphere(synth-wise) throughout a song. I asked why and they just said that its the best thing that was ever made:). looking forward to get this

Return to “Instruments”