Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

The demo period is free. Not much to lose except time to set things up...

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:46 am I've been a rabid activist against all things cloud until they released the 303, and I thought maybe I could take it for a spin and see what the fuss is all about.

But it sounds like they are still sorting out their business model.
Yep, pretty much the same here. In principle, I have nothing against subscription models, but it means I need to have some sort of trust in the other party. Currently, Roland is certainly not oozing with trustworthiness with all this confusion and lack of info.

Stefken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:50 am The demo period is free. Not much to lose except time to set things up...
True, but the next step matters.

If I am going to go into a model where I am paying them a monthly fee I would like to know exactly what I am getting and what I can expect from them. I really don't think that's too much to ask for.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Gamma-UT wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:01 am
reflekshun wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:41 am https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/techno-patches

The above article from two days ago says that roland cloud now has patches for various synths - where can I find them? Has anyone seen these new patches? I've tried reinstalling instruments and it doesn't do anything.
There’s a new category for patches in the manager software - you install them from there.
Note that after installing the patches from the Roland Cloud app the patches are in a folder on your system drive.
On my Windows 10 system: C:\Program Files\Roland Cloud
You will have then to import each bank in each plugin: Patch/Bank/Load
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Shiek927 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 am I just hope the TB-03 being released yesterday isn't a sign that Roland Cloud will do something as gimmicky as releasing the JD990 on 9/9/19 ^^;
JD-990 is already there, Anthology 1993...
More BPM please

fmr wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:28 pm
sleepcircle wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:25 pm
fmr wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:51 pm Wave Alchemy Revolution is a sample library for NI Kontakt. Apples and Oranges.
oh, then i can't use it, hahah. kontakt is out of my league.
No, you didn't understand. I think it works with Kontakt Player (you don't have to buy the full Kontakt). What I meant was that a sample library cannot be compared with a software emulation of the instrument.

Apples vs. Oranges.
That plus Revolution has pretty much all classic drummachines included. Really comparing a big assortment of fruit (Revolution) with a single grape (Roland) :D
More BPM please

But one is legal. Is the other?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

dionenoid wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:42 pm
Shiek927 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 am I just hope the TB-03 being released yesterday isn't a sign that Roland Cloud will do something as gimmicky as releasing the JD990 on 9/9/19 ^^;
Man, you just don't get it, do you? SOME PEOPLE WANT THE REAL THING, not a bunch of samples. What is it you don't understand in the difference between a synth emulation and a sample library?

If we were after a bunch of samples, there are plenty on the market. Like here, for example: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/

Or here: https://www.kontakthub.com/product/jd-850/
Fernando (FMR)

teacue wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:39 am Note that after installing the patches from the Roland Cloud app the patches are in a folder on your system drive.
Thanks for that. Found them. That's not at all what the Cloud Manager says after you install the updates.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:54 pm
teacue wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:39 am Note that after installing the patches from the Roland Cloud app the patches are in a folder on your system drive.
Thanks for that. Found them. That's not at all what the Cloud Manager says after you install the updates.
Indeed. They should be placed in the proper locaton and immediately added to the instrument library.
Fernando (FMR)

dionenoid wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:42 pm
Not the same thing, my dude. I've got a bunch of samples already including the JD850, UVI Digital Synsations, and even some cheap unusable 'sample packs' I got from eBay. It goes without saying that I'm a big fan of this particular era of synthesis and I personally see the JD as the crown jewel. I want the real thing in all it's glory. The only reason I haven't gotten the hardware is because it feels inevitable that a vst will be released and I want to use both the Vintage Card and Dance card with it -- and both of them have already been released on the Cloud. It feels wasteful to go so far instead of just being patient. I can even put the JV1080 waveforms through it as well since I'm pretty sure they'll read them and the JD engine just sounds so much better.
Last edited by Shiek927 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

fmr wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:37 pm Man, you just don't get it, do you? SOME PEOPLE WANT THE REAL THING, not a bunch of samples. What is it you don't understand in the difference between a synth emulation and a sample library?

If we were after a bunch of samples, there are plenty on the market. Like here, for example: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/

Or here: https://www.kontakthub.com/product/jd-850/
If one wanted the real thing one wouldn't be using an emulation on Roland Cloud. Emulation better than a sample library? Maybe.

This was the error I got with Reaper (as mentioned elsewhere in this thread):-

Plug-in 'TB-303(VST3 64bit).vst3' executed invalid operation during scanning

AND

Plug-in 'TB-303(VST2 64bit).dll' executed invalid operation during scanning

Got the following advice on the Roland Clan Forums. It worked for me :tu: :-

In the Fx Browser in Reaper:
Select the Options menu
Select FX Plugins settings
Select VST plugin-ins settings
On that pane, there is a checkbox that says “Do not scan VST names/types (deprecated). Check this
Click the “Clear Cache/re-scan” button.
The TB-303 will be successfully scanned and available.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

So there is a VST2 version? Wonder where all the misinformation in this thread originates from. :roll:

The VST2 version is running just fine here (Ableton 10, Windows 7 64 bit).

I really like the TB, but I always had a thing for acid. :D

A few questions/remarks. No breaking points or so.
* When I export to audio (drag and drop) and run the audio and vst at the same time, the real time rendering and audio export are not the same: I get some kind of flanging effect.
* Even when the synth is not running, it draws a decent amount of cpu.

P.s. : you can get a second trial month for free.
"30 days for free with the release of the TB-303". Now say that 10 times in a row. :D

Return to “Instruments”