Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:17 am Sorry if this been talked about before - but I can't find any info about the "subscribe for one year - get a plug for life" deal. Did they remove it?

/C
Hey man, if you log into rolandcloud.com and click on my account, on the bottom of the account page is 'loyalty program' all the details of how much longer till your next reward and what your reward status is, that's all listed there.
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

reflekshun wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:21 am
DrGonzo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:17 am Sorry if this been talked about before - but I can't find any info about the "subscribe for one year - get a plug for life" deal. Did they remove it?

/C
Hey man, if you log into rolandcloud.com and click on my account, on the bottom of the account page is 'loyalty program' all the details of how much longer till your next reward and what your reward status is, that's all listed there.
Thanks! So it's still active? Even for new customers? Why did they remove all info about it from their web page? A bit confused here.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

there is no info if reward is one or two instruments a year.

chk071 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:49 pm So there is a VST2 version? Wonder where all the misinformation in this thread originates from. :roll:
There's no VST2 on OS X.

It's on page 23 of this thread and stated clearly that it only applies to OS X. The confusion seems to be entirely yours.

DrGonzo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:24 am

/C
Thanks! So it's still active? Even for new customers? Why did they remove all info about it from their web page? A bit confused here.

/C
It IS confusing communication. I guess your best bet would be to contact Roland support directly.

Stefken wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:03 am
DrGonzo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:24 am

/C

/C
It IS confusing communication. I guess your best bet would be to contact Roland support directly.
:dog: :lol:

Sometimes whining on public forums makes you forget there are simple solutions to problems. Thanks! I'm off doing exactly that.

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:09 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:49 pm So there is a VST2 version? Wonder where all the misinformation in this thread originates from. :roll:
There's no VST2 on OS X.

It's on page 23 of this thread and stated clearly that it only applies to OS X. The confusion seems to be entirely yours.
Well, Mr Idiot "I search the whole thread to prove you wrong", at least one person reported the VST2 version to not be working, and that's what i remembered, not that he said that there isn't a VST2 version: viewtopic.php?p=7333087#p7333087

Why don't you go make your garden or something, then at least you have something useful to do all day. Guess that isn't as much fun as stalking other people and smartassing.

So why ask if there is a VST2 version?

I'm sorry I just pointed out your pathetic attempt at trolling.

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:05 am
Stefken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:50 am The demo period is free. Not much to lose except time to set things up...
True, but the next step matters.

If I am going to go into a model where I am paying them a monthly fee I would like to know exactly what I am getting and what I can expect from them. I really don't think that's too much to ask for.

/C
Bear in mind that even if it's two "permanent" licences obtained after a year, as the licence is cloud-dependent it only takes Roland pulling the plug on the service to render them unusable. As it's a joint venture, that probably won't happen soon but it is possible – if it were just Roland running it I'd be a lot more concerned about the future just based on Roland's pisspoor history of software support.

I have a sub personally, but for me it's very much based on the idea that it is a regular payment for some instruments that do sound very good and that printing stems is pretty much mandatory. as you never know what's round the corner.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:54 am So why ask if there is a VST2 version?
Because it was a mistake, and i remembered it wrongly. Prick.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:05 am
Stefken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:50 am The demo period is free. Not much to lose except time to set things up...
True, but the next step matters.

If I am going to go into a model where I am paying them a monthly fee I would like to know exactly what I am getting and what I can expect from them. I really don't think that's too much to ask for.

/C
Bear in mind that even if it's two "permanent" licences obtained after a year, as the licence is cloud-dependent it only takes Roland pulling the plug on the service to render them unusable. As it's a joint venture, that probably won't happen soon but it is possible – if it were just Roland running it I'd be a lot more concerned about the future just based on Roland's pisspoor history of software support.

I have a sub personally, but for me it's very much based on the idea that it is a regular payment for some instruments that do sound very good and that printing stems is pretty much mandatory. as you never know what's round the corner.
Wise advice. Printing stems should be mandatory whatever you use. But yeah - I don't have any illusions when it comes to Roland and their "long term" plans. But the collection of plugs is starting to become more and more attractive so I'm really on the fence. Waiting to hear what support have to say first.

/C

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:09 am
There's no VST2 on OS X.

On macOS, the Concerto instruments (Anthology, Tera, Flavr and Drum Studio) and Sound Canvas are available to VST2 hosts.

Everything else is available as VST3, AAX and AU...

...with the exception of Sound Canvas, which is not available as AAX.

sacer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:05 am there is no info if reward is one or two instruments a year.
It's two.

A formal announcement is forthcoming.

Got a reply from Roland. They said two instruments free after one year.
Cool. I might jump on this.

/C

They have 2 and 5 year subscriptions on the join page now as well as one for Product Keys, from the content store maybe?

Return to “Instruments”