Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

So, are all exs sampler file versions still not supported? Is that on the todo list or is that considered unfeasible?

It's on the to-do ;)

discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:06 am Trailer is done.

https://www.kvraudio.com/video/bliss-sa ... iler-10385
Just a friendly request, I know time is short and also time is money. It would be really nice to have a video showing the new features in practice. I LOVE Bliss but it did have a learning curve for me and I guess I am just slow. I really like seeing VST tools in use in videos.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

mtelesha wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:11 pm
discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:06 am Trailer is done.

https://www.kvraudio.com/video/bliss-sa ... iler-10385
Just a friendly request, I know time is short and also time is money. It would be really nice to have a video showing the new features in practice. I LOVE Bliss but it did have a learning curve for me and I guess I am just slow. I really like seeing VST tools in use in videos.
Thanks for the suggestion. The trailer is intended to work as a video ad. Tutorials with less flashy content will follow ;)

discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:25 pmTutorials with less flashy content will follow ;)
I'm primarily interested in this as a VSTi recorded, so the most important question is can it - and if not, if it's possible in future releases - to record the VSTi while changing other parameters not just pitch & velocity. For example, if I'd like to sample TB303 plug-in the obvious choice would be to sample it at different cut-off and resonance levels.

Is there any chance for this?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

AFAIK you can record with several MIDI velocities, so making the TB303 plug-in to modulate cutoff based on that makes it possible.

Here it is 1.5 change log:
  • VSTi sampling x2 oversampling.
  • VST effect chain support.
  • Sampling time raised to 30 seconds.
  • Loop size parameter for VSTi sampling.
  • Drag & drop VST.dll support.
  • Render sample crossfade loop.
  • Zone Solo.
  • Snap to zero crossing loop when sampling plugins.
  • Normalize to several gains when sampling plugins.
  • Load and save status progress bar.
  • User defined naming export VSTi.
  • Enhanced key / VSTi sampling presets.
  • Auto assign root by file name.
  • Plugins state / preset data saving options.
  • SFZ export applying crossfade values.
  • Polyphony increased to 256 voices.
  • Export samples with correct Zone Note Name.
  • AIFF root note fix.
  • Select all zones, rename zones, save in SFZ crash fixed.
  • Fixed Macro automation bugs.

Two questions...

When will Bliss 1.5 be available for Linux users?

What are your plans, if any, and if so is there a time frame on having "time stretch" added as a feature?

I understand there are licensing/pricing constraints. Maybe have two versions, one with and one without. Kind of like Bliss and Bliss Premium.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 am Okay, Windows and macOS installers are ready and anyone who purchases Bliss at KVR or discoDSP will get release 1.5. It look that long because the installer implements a new online verification system.

I have to prepare the upgrade form, promo video and official press announcement, so if you really want to upgrade to 1.5 right now send me a PM or e-mail to contactus@discodsp.com and I will give you the FastSpring link with the discount to get it for $19/€19 Cheers!
This "Online Verification system".... This isn't Challenge/Response copy protection, is it?
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:10 pm
discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 am Okay, Windows and macOS installers are ready and anyone who purchases Bliss at KVR or discoDSP will get release 1.5. It look that long because the installer implements a new online verification system.

I have to prepare the upgrade form, promo video and official press announcement, so if you really want to upgrade to 1.5 right now send me a PM or e-mail to contactus@discodsp.com and I will give you the FastSpring link with the discount to get it for $19/€19 Cheers!
This "Online Verification system".... This isn't Challenge/Response copy protection, is it?
It isn't. It's for the installer only (a innovation) :) to prevent abuse of sharing the digitally signed setup files everywhere ;) Plugin files or data don't require any challenge/response or have copy protection.

That means you can backup the installed files without issues. As stated at https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bliss-by-discodsp copy protection of the plugin is none. Oh and also exclusively discounted :D

I will prepare all the press releases tomorrow. Enjoy Bliss.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:25 pm

It isn't. It's for the installer only (a innovation) :) to prevent abuse of sharing the digitally signed setup files everywhere ;) Plugin files or data don't require any challenge/response or have copy protection.

That means you can backup the installed files without issues. As stated at https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bliss-by-discodsp copy protection of the plugin is none. Oh and also exclusively discounted :D

So it's like a verification system to make sure the person downloading the install files is who he/she says she is, but once downloaded and installed, it doesn't do any further checking? So, if you get sick again and things shut down, as long as we have the installer, we'll be OK? :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:22 pm
discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:25 pm

So it's like a verification system to make sure the person downloading the install files is who he/she says she is, but once downloaded and installed, it doesn't do any further checking? So, if you get sick again and things shut down, as long as we have the installer, we'll be OK? :-)
No, the installer won't work if the server shut downs, is down (very very unlikely to happen I'm using top quality italian ISP) or there is any form of abuse (too many installations).

But the installed files don't require anything and everything will be OK if you have a them in your system or backups. A really cool, non intrusive, "copy protection" :D And if you run into any issues just contact me and I will do my best to sort it out ;)

By the way, in case I won't be available for major reasons (sickness, travel, concert, event, thai massage :hihi:) someone I trust will be in charge to attend.

Hi George,

With the new system, will it be possible to install on an offline computer?

jdavis3 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:25 am Hi George,

With the new system, will it be possible to install on an offline computer?
No, for that particular case you need to use a system with internet connection and copy the installed files to the offline computer:

Documents > discoDSP > Bliss folder.
Bliss.dll / Bliss64.dll from your VST folder.
Bliss.vst3 / Bliss64.vst3 from your VST3 folder.

And it will work perfectly ;)

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response and information.

I look forward to upgrading. :)

Best wishes to you!

Return to “Instruments”