Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

discoDSP wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:42 am
audiojunkie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:22 pm
discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:25 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:10 pm
discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 am Okay, Windows and macOS installers are ready and anyone who purchases Bliss at KVR or discoDSP will get release 1.5. It look that long because the installer implements a new online verification system.

I have to prepare the upgrade form, promo video and official press announcement, so if you really want to upgrade to 1.5 right now send me a PM or e-mail to contactus@discodsp.com and I will give you the FastSpring link with the discount to get it for $19/€19 Cheers!
This "Online Verification system".... This isn't Challenge/Response copy protection, is it?
It isn't. It's for the installer only (a innovation) :) to prevent abuse of sharing the digitally signed setup files everywhere ;) Plugin files or data don't require any challenge/response or have copy protection.

That means you can backup the installed files without issues. As stated at https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bliss-by-discodsp copy protection of the plugin is none. Oh and also exclusively discounted :D

I will prepare all the press releases tomorrow. Enjoy Bliss.
So it's like a verification system to make sure the person downloading the install files is who he/she says she is, but once downloaded and installed, it doesn't do any further checking? So, if you get sick again and things shut down, as long as we have the installer, we'll be OK? :-)
No, the installer won't work if the server shut downs, is down (very very unlikely to happen I'm using top quality italian ISP) or there is any form of abuse (too many installations).

But the installed files don't require anything and everything will be OK if you have a them in your system or backups. A really cool, non intrusive, "copy protection" :D And if you run into any issues just contact me and I will do my best to sort it out ;)

By the way, in case I won't be available for major reasons (sickness, travel, concert, event, thai massage :hihi:) someone I trust will be in charge to attend.
So, what are the steps to backing up the file without the installer? I hate to say it, but this feels like challenge/response copy protection on the installer executable, which blocks my ability to back up an installable copy. I'm happy to pay for the upgrade, that's no problem. But I don't like these types of copy protection. Thieves will find a way around things no matter what you do, and the only person it ends up hurting are the honest and loyal consumers of your product. The ones who pay. I know that you are proud of your innovation, but please reconsider this method of copy protection--I'd rather not use it.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

discoDSP wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:29 am
jdavis3 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:25 am Hi George,

With the new system, will it be possible to install on an offline computer?
No, for that particular case you need to use a system with internet connection and copy the installed files to the offline computer:

Documents > discoDSP > Bliss folder.
Bliss.dll / Bliss64.dll from your VST folder.
Bliss.vst3 / Bliss64.vst3 from your VST3 folder.

And it will work perfectly ;)
There is nothing that is stopping a pirate with a throwaway name from downloading the installer and getting these files and then distributing the files. This won't stop or even slow down pirates. It only harms your loyal users. Even if you watermarked the installer as well, a pirate with a different throwaway name and a pre-pay credit card could easily circumvent this copy protection. No, I'll have to download the installer, go through the work of copying these files to a safe backup location, and then using them instead of the installer the next time I want to install the software. This just makes problems for the honest and doesn't stop the pirates at all. Please reconsider using this copy protection.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

replicant X wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:29 pm I still remember how long your website had been closed.
Good bye discoDSP.
That was one of my concerns as well.

audiojunkie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:33 pm
discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 am Okay, Windows and macOS installers are ready and anyone who purchases Bliss at KVR or discoDSP will get release 1.5. It look that long because the installer implements a new online verification system.

I have to prepare the upgrade form, promo video and official press announcement, so if you really want to upgrade to 1.5 right now send me a PM or e-mail to contactus@discodsp.com and I will give you the FastSpring link with the discount to get it for $19/€19 Cheers!
This "Online Verification system".... This isn't Challenge/Response copy protection, is it?
It isn't. It's for the installer only (a innovation) :) to prevent abuse of sharing the digitally signed setup files everywhere ;) Plugin files or data don't require any challenge/response or have copy protection.

That means you can backup the installed files without issues. As stated at https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bliss-by-discodsp copy protection of the plugin is none. Oh and also exclusively discounted :D

So it's like a verification system to make sure the person downloading the install files is who he/she says she is, but once downloaded and installed, it doesn't do any further checking? So, if you get sick again and things shut down, as long as we have the installer, we'll be OK? :-)
No, the installer won't work if the server shut downs, is down (very very unlikely to happen I'm using top quality italian ISP) or there is any form of abuse (too many installations).

But the installed files don't require anything and everything will be OK if you have a them in your system or backups. A really cool, non intrusive, "copy protection" :D And if you run into any issues just contact me and I will do my best to sort it out ;)

By the way, in case I won't be available for major reasons (sickness, travel, concert, event, thai massage :hihi:) someone I trust will be in charge to attend.
So, what are the steps to backing up the file without the installer? I hate to say it, but this feels like challenge/response copy protection on the installer executable, which blocks my ability to back up an installable copy. I'm happy to pay for the upgrade, that's no problem. But I don't like these types of copy protection. Thieves will find a way around things no matter what you do, and the only person it ends up hurting are the honest and loyal consumers of your product. The ones who pay. I know that you are proud of your innovation, but please reconsider this method of copy protection--I'd rather not use it.
Steps:

Copy Bliss folder from Documents > discoDSP.
Copy Bliss.dll / Bliss64dll from VST folder. macOS from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
Copy Bliss.vst3 / Bliss64.vst3 from VST3 folder. macOS from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3

Mac users:
copy Bliss.app from Applications folder.
copy Bliss.component from macOS from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Backup done :) Mac users just keep Time Machine up to date.

discoDSP wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:39 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Steps:

Copy Bliss folder from Documents > discoDSP.
Copy Bliss.dll / Bliss64dll from VST folder. macOS from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
Copy Bliss.vst3 / Bliss64.vst3 from VST3 folder. macOS from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3

Mac users:
copy Bliss.app from Applications folder.
copy Bliss.component from macOS from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Backup done :) Mac users just keep Time Machine up to date.
Well, since there seems to be a way to circumvent the install package and save the files to where I want them to go, I guess it won't be too bad. It seems to me that you are certain that this is going to help your business. I'm skeptical, and it hassles me more than the pirates, but as long as I can back the files up so that the C/R installer is only needed long enough for me to install the software, and I'm able to make a backup of the program that doesn't need the installer, then I guess it won't be so bad. A couple of extra steps to back my files up isn't too bad.

So, the steps you listed above for Windows machines.... Will they really have something about macOS in them or is that a typo? See above: "macOS from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST" and "macOS from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3"?

audiojunkie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:20 pm So, the steps you listed above for Windows machines.... Will they really have something about macOS in them or is that a typo? See above: "macOS from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST" and "macOS from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3"?
For Windows systems just ignore /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST and /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 paths.

Ok! Now that that part is clear, I’m getting excited again!! :hyper: :phones:

oddy.o.lynx wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:02 pm
When will Bliss 1.5 be available for Linux users?
I'm a Linux user as well.

I'm currently running Bliss 1.2. Is my 1.2 license good for 1.5 (via the $20 upgrade fee)? And when will 1.5 be ready for Linux?

Thank you for supporting Linux!

fmr wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:12 pm Another thing. I cannot edit the tail duration. I tried to sample a patch that has a long and interesting release part, but it was cut in the sampling process.There is a tail parameter, but it is grey.
Yes how do we adjust the tail duration? it is stuck at 1 second and will not accept another value. Crossfade loop is not enabled and I can enter a value into the tail duration, but it instantly jumps back to 1 second. Is this a demo limitation?

Linux is the Rodney Dangerfield of operating systems. Our market share does not warrant a release until version 1.6

SmoothMountain wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:15 am
oddy.o.lynx wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:02 pm
When will Bliss 1.5 be available for Linux users?
I'm a Linux user as well.

I'm currently running Bliss 1.2. Is my 1.2 license good for 1.5 (via the $20 upgrade fee)? And when will 1.5 be ready for Linux?

Thank you for supporting Linux!
Yes, if you want Linux support then wait until 1.6 or upgrade to speed up the process ;)

VitaminD wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:12 am
fmr wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:12 pm Another thing. I cannot edit the tail duration. I tried to sample a patch that has a long and interesting release part, but it was cut in the sampling process.There is a tail parameter, but it is grey.
Yes how do we adjust the tail duration? it is stuck at 1 second and will not accept another value. Crossfade loop is not enabled and I can enter a value into the tail duration, but it instantly jumps back to 1 second. Is this a demo limitation?
Bueller Bueller Bueller...

Maybe a bug, will check, thanks.

BIG BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sfz-Export doesn't work correctly and is not reliable. The Bliss Plugin crashes sometimes without writing files and sometimes it has written some or even all files. But it crashes anyway.

Some vst Plugins (e.g. the Roland JV Plugins) don't work meaning, the crash when coosing different patches or they do not record anything.

I hope these bugs can be fixed

Return to “Instruments”