Analog Obsession "PreBOX" for GDIY! (Free for everyone!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks incredible useful - Donated immediately without even demoing, I've a real affinity for SPICE-level detailed plugins ...

mcbpete wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:46 pm Looks incredible useful - Donated immediately without even demoing, I've a real affinity for SPICE-level detailed plugins ...
Thank you so much!
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

on Mac VST 64bit last version, 9 and 10 presets lower the signal by a lot of db

poshook wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:26 pm on Mac VST 64bit last version, 9 and 10 presets lower the signal by a lot of db
Thanks for warning. But 9 and 10 not developed, yet. :ud:
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

AnalogObsession wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:48 am - x8 oversampling
I don't think so. The harmonics it produces litter the spectrum just as badly as any other clipper operating at project sample rate. Running white noise through it, there is no distinct "oversampling corner" at the top, where the downsampling filter would chop off some of the high frequency content. So either this plugin isn't oversampling, or it's not doing it correctly. Just injecting a bunch of zero-samples before the process and removing them later isn't enough, in case that's what you're doing.
Confucamus.

AnalogObsession wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:28 pm
poshook wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:26 pm on Mac VST 64bit last version, 9 and 10 presets lower the signal by a lot of db
Thanks for warning. But 9 and 10 not developed, yet. :ud:
Have you changed the behaviour from the older builds i.e.
AnalogObsession wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:39 am 8-9-10 have no any processing for now. Only sending input signal to output. No processing.
As it lets a tiny bit of the signal through, but not as if it's bypassed, just highly attenuated (by about 50-ish decibels)

Hey, this thing is pretty cool and CPU hit is not bad at all. Looking forward to those last two models and final GUI. :tu:

Rockatansky wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:10 pm
AnalogObsession wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:48 am - x8 oversampling
I don't think so. The harmonics it produces litter the spectrum just as badly as any other clipper operating at project sample rate. Running white noise through it, there is no distinct "oversampling corner" at the top, where the downsampling filter would chop off some of the high frequency content. So either this plugin isn't oversampling, or it's not doing it correctly. Just injecting a bunch of zero-samples before the process and removing them later isn't enough, in case that's what you're doing.
That's interesting because this guy has been known to be anti oversampling in the past, supposedly he introduced it into the diamond plugins. all I know is it sounds good for my needs and i'm not bitching at the prices. sknote makes the same claims and I always found it suspect. 8* would be a hella cpu hit.

AnalogObsession wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:26 am Hello,

Just updated to new version.

Please check first post.

- Added Quad Eight Mic Pre (Great dynamics and transient response)
- Added Bypass switch and Output knob
- Now every preamp at unity gain
- Added new GUI
- Added Windows 32 Bit version
- For Windows, using .zip instead of .rar

Hope you like!

Thanks.
Great work and sounds awesome!

You still working on this or did you get busy with something else?

Update!

Project is fully done, now!

Included last 2 preamps.

Please check first post.

Thanks.

Thank you Mr. Obsession.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

you rock. :tu:

Thanks for finishing this cool tool. I updated the spectral plots in this post to include the remaining models:

viewtopic.php?p=7335153#p7335153

:phones:

plexuss wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:56 pm Thanks for finishing this cool tool. I updated the spectral plots in this post to include the remaining models:

viewtopic.php?p=7335153#p7335153

:phones:
Thanks for your interest and detailed analysis!

Return to “Effects”