SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

SJ_Digriz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:16 pm
bill45 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:12 pm I bought The sampletank 4 MAX upgrade. Looking through my st4 downloads.
I see specific Sampletank 3 folders.So I am not going to install the ST3 sound content
into my ST4 folder.I am also not going to install other stuff I will not use(MPCE2 EDMstuff ECT...)
Does anyone see any problems with this install method?
The ST4 Plugin does not replace the ST 3 plugin correct?
The ST3 vsti is not replaced.
The way I have it is all of the ST3 content is installed in the place I have the current ST3 content and only the ST4 content is in the ST4 content folder.
Thanks that is what I thought.If I want to use The ST3 content in ST4, all I need to do is point ST4 to my current st3 folder.

Check your hard drive after downloading.I could not find a couple folders after
downloading. I had to download again.

Ok, things were going pretty good until I realized my old English Horns from Miroslav 2 are corrupt. Tried to load a multi with them in it... Instant crash, even with just the single instrument.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 12&t=13343

Since I had not used those till now, I had no way to know?! Of course I would have to pay for the "fixed" downloads - as it says in my account now. :?

It would be nice if IK would either send out a notification by email or message within the account that there were new versions of downloaded content. Or at least take note that someone did NOT access and downloads the newer versions yet, and NOT charge them again for it.

I currently own every bit of content IK has, so forgive me if I don't scan my user account download page checking for expiration and download dates regularly. I have and DO look once in a while, but there is a ton of content and it is/was not always easy to see.

^^^^
As far as I know, the "Downloads Reactivation" fee only applies (after the 180 days) to the main Sounds Library downloads, not to the library fixes. If those particular issues have been fixed then you should find a download file by clicking the [Download Resources] button. For example, for MP1 (!), the Miroslav Philharmonik Sounds Updater 1.1 is still available here for download.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Darkstar, the reply in that link (from an IK guy) says it is under the regular sound/library downloads. I am blocked out/have to pay a fee, I have had MP2 since 2017 I think, my backed up data shows as 2017 files.

The fix (in the link) was noted in March of 2018.

You have some replies in that link.

And my last reply there said that "The fixes should really be released as a Sounds Updater in the "Related Downloads" section of MP2." In my opinion, updating the main libraries would be OK only if (a) the users were notified and (b) the downloads were reactivated, without a fee, for a further 180 days.

In your position I would contact Technical Support, explain the situation and see what they can do.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

There is a sounds update under Download Resources (the button next to Sounds Download in your IK account). Those updates are still downloadable for me even though the main sound library isn't.
-Matt

The "Sound Library Update" files 1 -5, are older (2016) than the backed up sounds files I have (2017).

In the discussion - in the link above, from March 2018, the IK rep Jason Williams (Senior Technical Support) @ IK forum states that the newer version is in the regular sounds downloads.

If the English Horn is crashing for you, install the updates. I'm not sure I believe the main sounds were actually updated. And even if they were installing the update can't hurt. There wasn't ever a second update that is only in the main sounds. Worst case the update puts the exact same files you already have.
-Matt

Can anybody tell me what parts are in the ST4 Multi: Grooves/Light Cheese.st4m?

It is crash-poofing on me, so I am assuming one or more instruments may be corrupt for me.

EDITS:
and now... ST4 Multi: Grooves/Noises.st4m, Perpetua.st4m, Ritmi.st4m, Technicality.st4m

and...ST4 Multi: Motion/Animas.st4m, Bacterium.st4m

also...ST4 Multi: Pads/Nagging.st4m

Singles:
ST4 Arpeggio/Climax Groove, Noisy FM, White Sequence

ST4 Synth FX/White Noise Analog 4s.st4i

Good afternoon,almost done downloading.

Doing better today with ST4 Max.

I tried installing Miroslav Philharmonik 2 SE version today, and it seemed to clear-up the English horn/not loading issues I had before.

I had assumed that since I own the full version of MP2, I wouldn't need to use that as well. Side effect is that SE doubles up my (corresponding) MP2 presets - when only MP2 full is set to show instruments. It looks normal when MP2 SE is the preferred view. Oh well, see what I can do about that later, or deal with it. I checked a zillion files/folders/samples and re-checked them a zillion times more...

Last night I realized how many ways there is to crash ST4 haha. It does really seem to disappear for no reason at times. I spent much of last night trying out ST4 multis and anything else I wasn't familiar with. I am not sure about anybody else, but the files I listed in one of my posts above^ are constant and consistent crashers.

Today, I noticed - more than I had at first, on stand-alone, the multi-core activity (had Reaper running with ST4).

I loaded up some orchestral type multis (ok it was MP2 :wink:) to try across multi track output. Although one core was getting its share of work, the rest were also helping. I had 16 tracks (plus single midi) of ST4 stereo audio on Reaper @ 96KHz with 1024 samples/Babyface Pro running about 10 to 12% CPU. Worked and sounded really nice here. Other single instruments/single stereo tracks (C7 pianos) were avg of 7 - 10 % CPU.

I have got to say, that I like the layout of ST4 now, after having used it for a couple days I am already used to it. The mixer and effects section is sweet.

There are definitely some amazing and great sounds in here, and my opinion is there was quite a few before. Not everything is exciting, or will be useful to everybody, but I do realize the power and potential that is here. I had plenty of time playing this (hours +) without crashes too, it is a matter of getting settled into what you are doing with it, and not just jamming every button jumping around on it.

Sure there are things to work out with ST4, but I have had my frustrations with ST3 too, and I figured them out, and learned to use it without issue in the end.

I have hope (and some faith) that IK will only make it better, it is early on in this product's life...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:48 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:00 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:04 pm It turns out that the list was comprised of five issues that were specific to the SampleTank 4 application/plugin and the others were downloading/installation-related.
People aren't stupid. We can see this is the worst product launch perhaps in history. Instead of trying to minimize the problems be a man and own up to the fact that IK dropped a steaming pile of beta on the market and are now having to do damage control.

Instead of trying to make it sound like there aren't many problems just apologize especially to those who pre-ordered then were to forced to beta test this mess for you. Apologize to those who paid and still haven't received their product.

Everyone makes mistakes but only real men and women own up to them....everyone else makes excuses.
We didn't make excuses. We posted a transparent full list of global bugs and fixed them quickly. Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative and sounds like an excuse but it is exactly what happened.

I'm sorry that the sky is not falling quite as much as you'd like and you're enjoying adding drama to where there is really not that much. It is what it is, though.

Also, we did apologize for the initial delay and absolutely (and multiple times) owned up to the download/install process issues and are working to make sure the experience is much improved going forward. But you are welcome to cherry pick whatever you'd like, I understand it may make you feel better so carry on.
Wow! The level of arrogance is increasing as it gets worse.

I detected this tone way earlier when we loyal customers were asking for deeper upgrade paths for Customers who bought way more than $99 from IKM - at least people with T-Racks 5 MAX.

The kind of arrogant reply I received then was a warning bell for me and it was one of the reasons I decided to halt my pre-order! I am so glad that I didn't pre-order!

With above comment, it's almost over for me! I had a pretty good love for IKM, but this attitude is just a put-off! No more IKM unless this tone changes!

% days of downloading and installing. St4 standalone starts to build the data base then stops working.
Plugin crashes cubase 9.5.Win 7.See mac osx stuff after extracting zip files.
Re downloaded and installed.

I’ve got to say it was a bit of an ordeal downloading and installing it all, especially since I upgraded to Max!! Almost regretted my decision not getting it on a flash drive!!

I’m thinking, in this day and age, an installation manager would be seriously appreciated. Something that can manage the whole download and install process more painlessly. You may not even need another app. You could possibly build the features into the Custom Shop?!?

Return to “Instruments”