Sampling Primer for Beginners

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WoW! Inspires me to want to share more samples. Thanks for taking the time!

8) i'm happy that you guys are enjoying it. it's a wiki after all, so please feel free to make any additions or changes you think might make it better. thanks!

:tu:

Is this still online? And if yes, where?

Would be interested, too. I want to explain this stuff to a couple of people, and if there's something already out there I can use for at least part of it, I'll gladly just point them to it, even though 2006 was some time ago and sample libraries have gotten much bigger since... a lot of principles still hold, I think.

[/quote]
Colonel Flashback wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:01 pm Is this still online? And if yes, where?
DSmolken wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:07 am Would be interested, too.
Wayback Machine has an archive of it here: https://web.archive.org/web/20070219172 ... +Beginners

Thanks. Good intro to some basic topics, which lets me stick to explaining some specifics not covered here, like how to figure out how many dynamic layers and round robins to record.

Thanks!

Sort amusing to see a thread by Muff Wiggler revived here, in a weird way.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Why? Was there some kind of drama?

Colonel Flashback wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:36 pm Why? Was there some kind of drama?
No. But the synth forum he started is about as well known as KVR these days. The clue, as to which site it is, is in his name.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yeah, I know his site.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”