Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
18193 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:53 pm

vurt wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:49 pm
kurt "massive heroin habit" cobain
This youngster, a real go-getter (seems like his name was Trevor, a modern name like Justin, or Travis) used to run H for me with my little enterprise went and moved up to Seattle to sell the shit to Kurt. Big bidness one supposes.
True story.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44209 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:56 pm

if courtney was with him, id imagine it would have took an army of dealers.
she had a massive hole to fill :lol:

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
18193 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Well, you could just buy a quarter ounce in the morning the once. H is teeny tiny weight/volume. Half a gram is Large.


there's a hole in daddy's arm where all the money goes
who is that, John Prine I think

shooting Mexican H is SO bleak

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44209 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:06 pm

i know, it was a hole joke :hihi:

courtney love's band was "hole"

usually introduced as "courtney love's hole" which as a 15/16 year old made me chuckle :hihi:
still does apparently! :lol:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44209 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:09 pm

theres a spiritualised line
"theres a hole in my soul where all the money goes"
which is probably inspired/stolen from that line you quoted, but most definitely for the same reason.

ive seen both spacemen3 and spiritualised where jason was so out of it, he was just gouching on a chair while his guitar feeds back and everyone else played over it.
great shows 8)

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
18193 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:14 pm

courtney love's band
I saw what you did there, already :-|
that little dude supposed to be 'neutral'. not buying it

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44209 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:17 pm

he looks more worried than unphased.

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
18193 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:18 pm

yep


unfazed :uhuhuh:

User avatar
telecode
KVRian
533 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:20 pm

vurt wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:49 pm
regards the drake, maybe hes an exception, but like jayz as much as they have made from being artists, the majority of their income comes from being shrewd business men, same with p diddy. its a little unfair to bring outside business interests in, no one said kurt "massive heroin habit" cobain had any money sense...
Nirvana and grunge are a very interesting example. i was a member of the "current" "modern" "young" "record buying" "music concert goer" demographic when nirvana and perl jam and grunge were big in early 90s. They were mainstream acts from the US as far as i and the people i hung out with in Toronto were concerned. Only teeny bopers listened to them and metal heads listened to soundgarden and temple of the dog. We listened to what we considered the "real" alternative music which was Nick Cave, Pixies, NIN, Sisters of Mercy and so on. I think the Hollywoodization of grunge and the Reality Bites film (which I do recall watching in 1st run theatres and enjoying) pretty much destroyed all changes of grunge ever entering the "real alternative" scene (where I was located anyways.) :-)
Last edited by telecode on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a keep on a goin' a forward, without a single ounce of fear

Image

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44209 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:21 pm

jancivil wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:18 pm
yep


unfazed :uhuhuh:
:oops:

User avatar
IncarnateX
KVRAF
3802 posts since 25 Jan, 2009 from Forgotten Realms

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:25 pm

telecode wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:55 am
Modernity defined as in who are the current artists that the young generation of music consumers are currently listening to. But, hey, if you find a way to turn then into King Crimson or Tibetian world music fans -- more power to you. :tu:
And you would know that because you have interviewed all young music consumers in the world, made your statistics and a report that identifies your “modernists” as their main modern idols?

Are you sure young kids on acid even know the word “modernity”?

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44209 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:29 pm

telecode wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:20 pm
vurt wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:49 pm
regards the drake, maybe hes an exception, but like jayz as much as they have made from being artists, the majority of their income comes from being shrewd business men, same with p diddy. its a little unfair to bring outside business interests in, no one said kurt "massive heroin habit" cobain had any money sense...
Nirvana and grunge are a very interesting example. i was a member of the "current" "modern" "young" "record buying" "music concert goer" demographic when nirvana and perl jam and grunge were big in early 90s. They were mainstream acts from the US as far as i and the people i hung out with in Toronto were concerned. Only teeny bopers listened to them and metal heads listened to soundgarden and temple of the dog. We listened to what we considered the "real" alternative music which was Nick Cave, Pixies, NIN, Sisters of Mercy and so on. I think the Hollywoodization of grunge and the Reality Bites film (which I do recall watching and enjoying) pretty much destroyed all changes of grunge ever entering the "real alternative" scene (where I was located anyways.) :-)
yeah i was around that age too.
here in the uk, most of that stuff was considered alternative.
but we (at least in my small town) because there where so few "goths" "metalheads" "grunge kids" or "punks", even all those subgroups thrown together, on a thursday night in our local club (storeys) it was the same maybe 35 people, every week. so we tended to stick together anyway, as a defence against all the shaven headed, beer swilling rugby louts.

when i moved to liverpool then manchester, the scenes where much bigger individually, but still all interlocked as one huge entity.
youd see the same people at an ozrics/eat static gig as you would a nin or nirvana :shrug:

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
18193 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:34 pm

telecode wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:55 am
Modernity defined as in who are the current artists that the young generation of music consumers are currently listening to. But, hey, if you find a way to turn then into King Crimson or Tibetian world music fans -- more power to you. :tu:
define.png
:idiot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
18193 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:37 pm

IE: and I feel this needs explaining, you are not defining modernity, you are merely giving examples of your current awareness of stuff that enjoys popularity in certainly a narrow band of experience available on this planet; which itself doesn't even look all that up-to-date.

Keep digging that hole for yourself.

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
18193 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Is music just an elaborate arpeggio?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:39 pm

telecode wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:20 pm
the "real alternative" scene (where I was located anyways.) :-)
quelle surprise you think you were so ahead of the curve as to a popular sort of rock subgenre. Your examples are so pedestrian, with the possible exception of NIN which I only know of thru David Lynch.
(hint: I don't think a whole lot about what the cool kids do and never did really)

You have a lot of attitude, though, so it all kind of falls into place.

Snark is the new critical thinking for the modern person, although how modern can you be if you're not a teenager.
Vapid af.

Return to “Music Theory”