Soundtheory GULLFOSS computional auditory perception EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gullfoss

this is a very impressive tool! Clarifies and balances effortlessly.
Next-generation digital "magic"...

DJErmac wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:06 pm Hint : read the manual or you'll never understand what you're supposed to do with the buttons.
The manual is just the one page pdf - right?
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:00 am
DJErmac wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:06 pm Hint : read the manual or you'll never understand what you're supposed to do with the buttons.
The manual is just the one page pdf - right?
Yes, where they explain what button means what. At first I tried without and felt the plugin was doing just pure nonsense. After reading I knew the plugin was doing pure magic.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Thanks - I was just checking that there wasn't something else.
I'll play around with it today... ;)
John Braner

From the newsletter today:

"The Windows version is protected by iLok, and you MUST have the LATEST version of the iLok License manager (currently version 5.0.2) installed on your machine."

But I bought it yesterday and it seems to be working fine, even though I only have iLok License Manager 4.0.0.42 installed. (There's a bug which prevents License Manager from updating.) Gullfoss shows up in License Manager as being activated on my computer, though the "Owner" is "Unregistered"... almost certainly not an issue.

Very happy with the unmasking, though I was a little thrown at first by how high the parameters had to be set (the example in the manual clarified this).

How's the CPU? Seems to be bogging Reaper down a bit here.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:19 pm How's the CPU? Seems to be bogging Reaper down a bit here.
It's nothing here (Reaper too) - it's < 0.5%
John Braner

morelia wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:19 pm How's the CPU? Seems to be bogging Reaper down a bit here.
Do you mean editing and/or recording with Gullfoss active?

I don't understand: when I selet "buy" I get two options: windows for $132 CAD and Win+Mac for $212 CAD. I am on Mac. So I just want Mac. but I have to $80 more to get the mac version with a windoze version I have no use for? Seems odd... :scared:

plexuss wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 pm I don't understand: when I selet "buy" I get two options: windows for $132 CAD and Win+Mac for $212 CAD. I am on Mac. So I just want Mac. but I have to $80 more to get the mac version with a windoze version I have no use for? Seems odd... :scared:
It's an introductory sale for the Windows only version, because Windows is in Early Access and may have bugs or performance issues.

When does the introductory sale end?

Spin Boyz wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:55 pm When does the introductory sale end?
From the Soundtheory website:
"When we release the Windows version of Gullfoss there will be an early access phase that will last for a few months. Throughout early access the price will be $99 or equivalent (roughly half price). We expect that the Windows version will go through a number of periodic releases as we proactively deal with specific issues that are fed back by customers. This is very similar to the process after the launch of the Mac version in early 2018. Once the Windows version is completely stable we'll announce the end of early access, and with one month's warning, the price will revert to $199."

I'm still confused. If one buys the windoze version now for $99 then will they get the mac version later? Once the windoze version is released will it be possible to buy the windoze version (and/or mac) version on their own? If not then I guess some people with have both win/mac and some will with just win - that's the part that seems strange. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:17 am I'm still confused. If one buys the windoze version now for $99 then will they get the mac version later? Once the windoze version is released will it be possible to buy the windoze version (and/or mac) version on their own? If not then I guess some people with have both win/mac and some will with just win - that's the part that seems strange. :phones:
"the Windows early access edition for $99 that will only become cross platform some time after early access will have ended."

I think that means that the Windows only license will become a cross-platform license when early access ends.

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:23 am
plexuss wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:17 am I'm still confused. If one buys the windoze version now for $99 then will they get the mac version later? Once the windoze version is released will it be possible to buy the windoze version (and/or mac) version on their own? If not then I guess some people with have both win/mac and some will with just win - that's the part that seems strange. :phones:
"the Windows early access edition for $99 that will only become cross platform some time after early access will have ended."

I think that means that the Windows only license will become a cross-platform license when early access ends.
I read the FAQ. Ok, not bad... you CAN buy the windoze pre-release for $99 and just not be able to use the mac version until the windoze version is out, saving $60 over buying the cross-platform license now. If you are ok waiting for the windoze version to come out to use the mac version this is a good way to say some $$. :phones:

Return to “Effects”