2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Gone soft
KVRian
895 posts since 3 Oct, 2011

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:01 am

Cinebient wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:52 am
I hoped there was a way to silence the input and just then hear the resulting tuned resonances. Not sure if that even makes sense. I thought it was already possible with the input/output and/or dry/wet settings. Yeah, i still do not understand Kaleidoscope really but it is a unicorn for
ambient textures and rhythmic stuff :D
Have you tried turning up the degree of noise? With 100% noise you remove all harmonies from the input but the input controls the volume of the noise fed to the resonators. :wink:

At 200% you get a constant sounding drone (as long as the pictures chosen doesn't silence parts) unrelated to the input at all. Values inbetween the extremes can be interesting too, but I'd suggest you start out with exploring the extremes of 0%, 100% and 200% noise til you're fairly sure that part of it kind of makes sense to you. :wink:

EDIT: rememeber to do all this with 0% dry signal so you only hear wath Kaleidoscope actually does to the sound.
"Well, I haven't tried anything yet. I need to research solutions
first."

sdv
KVRian
561 posts since 15 Sep, 2003

Re: 2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Andrew Souter wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:34 am
The "theory" is simply to use the waveform as a pure data format. Don't think of it as an audio file. Think of it a collection of 2048 "relative ratios" between 0% and 100% which can then be fit to any frequency range:
That's clever!!
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

Andrew Souter
KVRAF
2481 posts since 12 Sep, 2008

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:56 am

thanks. we try. :wink:

It is indeed quite cool/novel for creating all kinds of unusual/atonal sound FX and ambiences appropriate for scoring work etc. :tu:

Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
14429 posts since 12 Oct, 2008 from Here and there

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:07 am

Three instances of Kaleidoscope sequencer patches in 11/8 time signature processing white/pink noise and a drum sequence and a fourth instance adding a pad sound (which uses the same tuning file).

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -patchpool

Andrew Souter
KVRAF
2481 posts since 12 Sep, 2008

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:01 am

awesome! I like this funky side of things! :tu: Fresh! :clap:

Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
14429 posts since 12 Oct, 2008 from Here and there

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:56 am

Andrew Souter wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:01 am
awesome! I like this funky side of things! :tu: Fresh! :clap:
Thanks, Andrew.
----
Although I mainly use KS as a “synthesizer“ feeding it with all sorts of external, non-tonal noise sources and percussive sounds to unfold it's magic, it also works very well on tonal sources/instruments. In this example KS processes an improvisation played on a sampled celesta (Iconica - section &players), B2/Breeze2 and UVI Relayer provide the space.
https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -patchpool

Return to “Effects”