MuLab 8.0.66

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, congrats on the Mulab 8 release! Do you think it's gonna possible in the future to have better integration with a trackpad on the macbook? Right now it really feels awkward to scroll sideways by pressing down with 2 fingers. Same with zooming. I know you have an insane amount of requests but that would be my only one and it's just about basic workflow. Something along the lines of how logic/ableton works with a trackpad.

Anyways thanks!
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

paradiddle wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:55 pmDo you think it's gonna possible in the future to have better integration with a trackpad on the macbook?
What do you think would be the best gesture map for the different areas of MuLab? I just use mouse+trackpad, e.g. mouse hover to focus a parameter, and 2 fingers on trackpad to change values.
tatanka wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:39 pm I have problem with Alchemy
FWIW, I am on OSX but had no problem reloading an Alchemy project.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Is it too complicated to develop the audio reverse function? Thank

I don't use a mouse with the macbook, only on the pc. Probably should at one point but I'm quite at ease with how logic or ableton works with a trackpad. I especially like the enhancement Ableton have done in the new beta.

For me, it's pinch to zoom in/out horizontally, swipe left/right to scroll. It's doable in mulab, ctrl+2 fingers to scroll, 2 fingers up/down to zoom. Dragging with 2 fingers to scroll is too awkward for me.

I wish companies would stick to some kind of standard but anyways, I just have to get used to this or just get a mouse like I said.

Michael L wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 pm
paradiddle wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:55 pmDo you think it's gonna possible in the future to have better integration with a trackpad on the macbook?
What do you think would be the best gesture map for the different areas of MuLab? I just use mouse+trackpad, e.g. mouse hover to focus a parameter, and 2 fingers on trackpad to change values.
tatanka wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:39 pm I have problem with Alchemy
FWIW, I am on OSX but had no problem reloading an Alchemy project.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Suono & Computer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:13 pm Is it too complicated to develop the audio reverse function? Thank
It's already in the sample editor (DSP function) as well as in the Audio Sequence Editor -> Sample Event -> Render Reversed.

Attention: If you apply a DSP function to a sample, that will affect all sample events & sample players that use that DSPed sample section.
See http://www.mutools.com/mulab/m8/docs/mu ... ences.html

paradiddle wrote:Do you think it's gonna possible in the future to have better integration with a trackpad on the macbook?
I'm sorry but i can't answer this question. The only thing i can say about it is that it's not planned on short term.

mutools wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:15 pm
Suono & Computer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:13 pm Is it too complicated to develop the audio reverse function? Thank
It's already in the sample editor (DSP function) as well as in the Audio Sequence Editor -> Sample Event -> Render Reversed.

Attention: If you apply a DSP function to a sample, that will affect all sample events & sample players that use that DSPed sample section.
See http://www.mutools.com/mulab/m8/docs/mu ... ences.html
Thank, I did a test, can you even select all the files to reverse them all at once? Or can you only do one by one? Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM6GFmv ... e=youtu.be

Not yet but this tip: If there is a context function that you use often then you can make a key shortcut for it, that will much speed up your workflow. See http://www.mutools.com/mulab/m8/docs/co ... tcuts.html

^^^To reverse an entire sliced sample, it is best to first drop it in without creating markers, then reverse in DSP, render to sample, drop that in and create transient markers, so your slices start at the transients -- and will sound better if you stretch them because the transients will be preserved.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

M8.0.49 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/m8/

What's changed:
  • Moving sample markers via the time bar now also is an undoable action.
  • Fixed a recent new bug in the preferences editor.
  • Other little improvements.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

I'm finally on a "modern" Mac . . . looking forward to beta testing/demoing further. So far, IMO, v8 represents a huge leap forward for MuLab. A lot of work went into this new version, and it's obvious. Fantastic!!

Thank you for the updates.
I love the new colors options you added for the main toolbar, superb!
I do hope you can add some more for the other 'App' components so as to darken my current theme.

Is there an option to rid us of gradients? I dislike the MuSynth gradients as an example. Could we have that as an option please?
No rush, but would be great if they could be added during M8 lifetime.

Thanks again for a fantastic update!!! MuLab looks more pro than ever ;)

EDIT: Here's a pic of my theme with MuSynth gradient removed, looks so much better imho...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hmmm, mulab looking good!! guess its a matter of time till there's some cool themes like live..( light , dark , flat, colorful, mono, etc ), congrats!

nenneb wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm Well, Suono, I asked for zero-start a loooong time ago.
I'd like it for sending MIDI-data to Instruments, so that they are prepared properly at 1:1. Or for notes with slow attac, that should sound at 1:1, or ....
The workaround is, to finish everything, then move the whole thing to the right and insert the starting events. For rendering it does not matter. But composing is irritating when sequences start at 2 or 6 ...
For what it's worth, my songs too always end up starting before the first beat so to speak, so I move them to bar five or nine to keep bar numbers consistent. Easy enough! :wink:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

sl23 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:31 pm Is there an option to rid us of gradients?
You can do that already by editing the files in the following folders:
MuLab/App/Graphics/Common/Common/Textures/
MuLab/App/Graphics/MULAB/Common/Textures/

Return to “MUTOOLS”