Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thejonsolo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:53 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:51 am Wow, okay. I still stand by my statement that it is not clear on the website or store. But you know, nevermind. It is only clear if you have owned Cubase for years.
I agree. It is not exactly clear if you are new to Cubase...how hard would it be to say "Elements and Artist excluded"?

And I was just trying to be funny. To my knowledge there would be nothing to stop a person from buying the upgrade and finding out the hard way. I have not purchased yet so I do not know if they require you to actually log in to verify proper ownership of a crossgrade product.
I've bought crossgrades before from them. They send you an email and state it must be reviewed. A day or so later you get an approval email. I'm sure they check whatever you send in manually.

dzilizzi: you might want to call them and talk to them about this - if you get lucky, they'll acknowledge your argument; maybe allow/authorize a Nuendo upgrade purchase for you w/a code or maybe manually -

If there is indeed a clarity issue on their part, it behooves them to fix it asap - you're doing them a favor pointing that out and could be rewarded for that!

I think that this upgrade sale is about Steinberg dumping unsold licenses of N8 as they have likely scaled down dev and support for N8 - as they race to get N10 to market. They could likely also use the cash and new users that will help put N10 through it's paces - they especially may *want* to see more amateur/small house users (more Nuendo users in general - it could be purely about numbers) use its video side. Remember that Vegas, as an example, has an iffy future - Magix bought that and Soundforge and Acid - where dev and support actually goes from here is anybody's guess. We *hope* obviously that all that continues - but is Magix really interested in supporting (2) independent platforms?

So maybe Nuendo will function as the new 'Vegas' for users who have the bucks and the wherewithal - Vegas was never cheap to begin with; so maybe there's some parity there.

Speaking of parity, it looks like with N10 especially: Cubase users will be able to comfortably transition from C to N - he or she simply gets more tools & capabilities. Obviously not everyone needs all the extra - but speaking for myself: some of it is nice to have.

So no notable St. Patrick's Day sales?...

... or are they waiting until (more) people are drunk?

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:44 pm So no notable St. Patrick's Day sales?...

... or are they waiting until (more) people are drunk?
Probably hoping more drunk people won't realize the deals aren't so great?

goldenanalog wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:53 pm dzilizzi: you might want to call them and talk to them about this - if you get lucky, they'll acknowledge your argument; maybe allow/authorize a Nuendo upgrade purchase for you w/a code or maybe manually -

If there is indeed a clarity issue on their part, it behooves them to fix it asap - you're doing them a favor pointing that out and could be rewarded for that!
I found out they know this is an issue because a number of people brought it up in their forum. I'm afraid to say much over there, I hear you get blocked if they don't like your comments. LOL!

But really, I own Pro, so I'd have to buy elements and another elicenser so it wouldn't look like my account. Otherwise, they would just upgrade my Pro version.

"As our way of saying “Thank You”, when you register your UM2 at behringer.com, we’ll reward you with a complimentary download code for the full version of Tracktion."

There's a sale on Behringer UM2 for $30 at Proaudiostar, so I thought that could be a cheaper way to upgrade to Waveform 10 ($69 upgrade fee). However it apparently comes with "Waveform OEM": "A full version DAW that’s FREE with the purchase of many digital products from Behringer, Mackie, and ROLI! Unlike typical ‘Lite’ versions, we do not impose any restrictions"

sqigls wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:57 am
escalona wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:27 am bx_2098 EQ Inspired by the legendary Amek 9098 EQ
$29
Use Voucher Code:
24H-2098eQ-29-190317
what a time to be alive :P
I am currently suffering from a sinus infection with tinnitus. I can't hear the difference. Is this worth getting?

If you’re looking for Ozone 8 Advanced and Netron 2 Advanced, the O8N2 Bundle is $199 via coupon code that Plugin Boutique emailed out about 30 minutes ago.

dzilizzi wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:54 pm
goldenanalog wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:53 pm dzilizzi: you might want to call them and talk to them about this - if you get lucky, they'll acknowledge your argument; maybe allow/authorize a Nuendo upgrade purchase for you w/a code or maybe manually -

I found out they know this is an issue because a number of people brought it up in their forum. I'm afraid to say much over there, I hear you get blocked if they don't like your comments. LOL!

But really, I own Pro, so I'd have to buy elements and another elicenser so it wouldn't look like my account. Otherwise, they would just upgrade my Pro version.
Interesting!

That's part of the reason why I suggested calling them and talking to an actual person - they may just give you the shove; or they may help you out.

When I did a little reading in their forum, I discovered that one of the things that Steinberg was encouraging N8 users to do was to upgrade their current copies of Cubase to N8, resulting in then having (2) full licenses of N8 - apparently: it may be standard practice for N8 users to also have a copy of Cubase pro in order to negate any migration issues when getting cubase files - this strongly suggests that Steinberg is pushing for parity between the Cubase Pro feature set and especially what will be in N10.

So: what you actually want to do dzilizzi, is exactly what Steinberg is encouraging their Nuendo user base to do with their Cubase license: convert it into a second Nuendo license because they think that if you have Nuendo 10, you won't need Cubase - it's all in N10.

Yeah, except to update Nuendo, other than the update to 10 which will be free, it cost 2 to 3 times the update price of Cubase. I'm not sure I want to get into that. And it turns out, Cubase 10 has some good new video tools that make it more attractive than upgrading to Nuendo for the price.

Humble Bundle Deals https://www.humblebundle.com/software/y ... d-software

$1: Music Maker EDM Edition (Read before installing: https://www.magix.info/us/forum/already ... --1203724/), Soundpool Trance Masters

$25: SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12, ACID Pro 7, Soundpool: Discharge

May be good for beginners or who want to try an alternative. Sound Forge is an older version.

So is Acid Pro (they are on 8 now).

meldavid wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:43 pmSound Forge is an older version.
It's a cut down version and an old version although not sure how cut down it is compared to Sound Forge Pro.
This Humble Magix deal is much weaker than the 3 or 4 they've had in the last 12 to 18 months. They used to seem overly generous even but not this time. Good while they lasted.

Sort of a niche topic, but if you are looking to upgrade to the new Verberate 2 from Acon Digital be aware that if you have an Acoustica Premium license you don't need to buy the upgrade as the Acoustica Premium license already unlocks Verberate 2. That information is spectacularly hidden. The plugin is not part of the Acoustica Premium installer, however. You need to download is separately (at least for now).

Unfortunately, the Acoustica Premium license does not unlock the surround version of the Verberate plugin. That one you have to upgrade.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”