SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

"PERFORMING PREANALYSIS"

Has anyone seen this message when loading an instrument yet?

Shows "LOADING INSTRUMENT" then ""PERFORMING PREANALYSIS" (0 - 100%) immediately right over the top of that.

I have gotten this when loading ST4/Drums/"Clash Kit 2" and "Glitch Kit" so far...

The kits DO load and play, should I be concerned? :?

dandezebra wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:58 pm My standalone starts the GUI and then goes unresponsive. It flashes about every 5 seconds until I close it. I am waiting on support. They chose to only address one of my questions so now I have to wait for them to get back to me about the other problemos.
My stand alone starts then "sampletank 4 stops working"

ShawnMH wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:51 am "PERFORMING PREANALYSIS"

Shows "LOADING INSTRUMENT" then ""PERFORMING PREANALYSIS" (0 - 100%) immediately right over the top of that.

I have gotten this when loading ST4/Drums/"Clash Kit 2" and "Glitch Kit" so far...

Nope. The Pre-Analysis is displayed the first time an instrument is loaded which uses the STRETCH engine. A small analysis file is written to disk, the the pre-analysis does not need to be done again.
ST2! User Manual wrote:Activating­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ STRETCH­­­­­­­­­ engine­­­­­­­­­ for­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ first­­­­­­­­­ time­­­­­­­­­ will­­­­­­­­­ make­­­­­­­­­ SampleTank­­­­­­­­­ pre-analyze­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ sound.­­­­­­­­­This­­­­­­­­­ process­­­­­­­­­ actually­­­­­­­­­ performs­­­­­­­­­ two­­­­­­­­­ pre-analysis­­­­­­­­­ at­­­­­­­­­
once,­­­­­­­­­ one­­­­­­­­­ for­­­­­­­­­ NOTE­­­­­­­­­ and­­­­­­­­­ one­­­­­­­­­ for­­­­­­­­­ PHRASE.­­­­­­­­­ This­­­­­­­­­ will­­­­­­­­­ take­­­­­­­­­ some­­­­­­­­­time­­­­­­­­­ (5-10­­­­­­­­­ seconds),­­­­­­­­­ depending­­­­­­­­­ on­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ size­­­­­­­­­ of­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ samples.­­­­­­­­­ Once­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ pre-analysis­­­­­­­­­ has­­­­­­­­­ been­­­­­­­­­ completed,­­­­­­­­­ it­­­­­­­­­ will­­­­­­­­­ be­­­­­­­­­ stored­­­­­­­­­ so­­­­­­­­­ that­­­­­­­­­ it­­­­­­­­­ can­­­­­­­­­ be­­­­­­­­­ readily­­­­­­­­­ available­­­­­­­­­ for­­­­­­­­­ future­­­­­­­­­ sessions.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:07 pm
ShawnMH wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:51 am "PERFORMING PREANALYSIS"

Nope. The Pre-Analysis is displayed the first time an instrument is loaded which uses the STRETCH engine. A small analysis file is written to disk, then the pre-analysis does not need to be done again.
ST2! User Manual wrote:Activating­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ STRETCH­­­­­­­­­ engine­­­­­­­­­ for­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ first­­­­­­­­­ time­­­­­­­­­ will­­­­­­­­­ make­­­­­­­­­ SampleTank­­­­­­­­­ pre-analyze­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ sound.­­­­­­­­­This­­­­­­­­­ process­­­­­­­­­ actually­­­­­­­­­ performs­­­­­­­­­ two­­­­­­­­­ pre-analysis­­­­­­­­­ at­­­­­­­­­
once,­­­­­­­­­ one­­­­­­­­­ for­­­­­­­­­ NOTE­­­­­­­­­ and­­­­­­­­­ one­­­­­­­­­ for­­­­­­­­­ PHRASE.­­­­­­­­­ This­­­­­­­­­ will­­­­­­­­­ take­­­­­­­­­ some­­­­­­­­­time­­­­­­­­­ (5-10­­­­­­­­­ seconds),­­­­­­­­­ depending­­­­­­­­­ on­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ size­­­­­­­­­ of­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ samples.­­­­­­­­­ Once­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ pre-analysis­­­­­­­­­ has­­­­­­­­­ been­­­­­­­­­ completed,­­­­­­­­­ it­­­­­­­­­ will­­­­­­­­­ be­­­­­­­­­ stored­­­­­­­­­ so­­­­­­­­­ that­­­­­­­­­ it­­­­­­­­­ can­­­­­­­­­ be­­­­­­­­­ readily­­­­­­­­­ available­­­­­­­­­ for­­­­­­­­­ future­­­­­­­­­ sessions.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

OK, cool then, thanks DarkStar!

I've verified that 4.0.3 is coming out soon (should mid-to-late week) and there will be included optimization as well as streaming settings added which can also be used to boost performance. There are also other fixes including reported crashes and improvements to the database scan and more.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:56 pm I've verified that 4.0.3 is coming out soon (should mid-to-late week) and there will be included optimization as well as streaming settings added which can also be used to boost performance. There are also other fixes including reported crashes and improvements to the database scan and more.
Cool

I like these multi's. Hope I can get mine working!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahmb28U1HX8

bill45 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 pm I like these multi's. Hope I can get mine working!
I hope you get yours working too. :wink:

I am at about 95% good here. A bunch of my synth multis and multi grooves, plus a few single instruments are crashing instantaneously:
Aliens and Money
Widechimes
Windchimes
Woodblock
Noises
Light Cheese
Perpetua
Ritmi
Technicality

All off the USB stick

By the way, most of the sounds in that YouTube video are single instrument presets, not multis (till the very end). That is the ST4 window FOR multis that you see top center. Once you choose and load a preset multi (from that window) it will show the multi's name there.

The guy starts the video with a "all you people having troubles... bear with it" type comment, gives ST4 a C- grade at the end. :)

I think once all is in place and the kinks are worked out, this rates a better grade than that. This definitely isn't as easy to be up and running without issue as some people make it out to be though...
Last edited by ShawnMH on Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShawnMH wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:37 pm
The guy starts the video with a "all you people having troubles... bear with it" type comment, gives ST4 a C- grade at the end. :)
I believe he made the "C- grade" comment in context of the synth instrument presets he was reviewing in that video. He also made a few remarks about being spoiled by Omnisphere, and even having Syntronik would make these synth presets unnecessary.

He didn't say they were bad, but maybe just "meh", lacking in character or something. I will say that when they are loaded up in multis, with arps, some do get interesting!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I have found importing all of my old ST2 files to be amazing. They sound better with the ST4 engine and effects.

A Group Buy that includes legacy ST sounds is the Circular Group Buy at Homegrown Sounds hgsounds.com.

I imported the StarBurst and Infeckted sounds from ST 2 (converted to ST3) and found they sound better in ST4.

Anyone who loves Pad sounds can join to get a number of ST sounds as Bonus selections during March 2019 even if you do not own Kontakt

bill45 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 pm I like these multi's. Hope I can get mine working!
Wow that guy had a lot of poofs/crashes in all his videos, very off putting :(

Let's see what the 4.0.3 update does to correct the crashes!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

LoopyFruit wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 pm
At least he got it going.Mine won't even start. Did anyone get tech support this weekend?

bill45 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:06 am
LoopyFruit wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 pm
At least he got it going.Mine won't even start. Did anyone get tech support this weekend?
Not here - longest wait I’ve had yet, but my guess is that they are pretty busy. My issue is quite minor and I expect low priority, which is fine with me.

Return to “Instruments”