HOFA System 1 multi-fx: 20 modules for €50

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HOFA SYSTEM All Bundle HOFA SYSTEM basic

I have to say, after playing with this a lot - i freaking love it. The sound is amazing. It is worth it for the modules alone (i am talking about the big bundle with the algo reverb and the saturator etc)
In fact, the reverb and saturator are worth the price of entry, truly brilliant.

Then you realise - oh yeah, this thing is modular....so much you can do with it.
the interface is a bit weird at first, and i keep looking for controls that aren't there (i am too used to melda plugs) but once you get used to it, it is great.

Also what i really like is the ability to put things in folders and save folders and sub folders. Makes for super quick preset creation and saving. Like the chorus circuit you made on a synth channel preset? You can put it into a reverb return preset - in a totaly different config. Awesome.
really didn't think i needed any more 'modular' stuff, but i just like the sound of this a lot.

I do like this but it'd be nice to see an envelope modulator instead of just the lfo, an expanded pitch shifter and a downsampler/bitcrusher/vintage input module added at some point.

I should give this a serious second go. It was a bit hard to try properly because of all the limitations (I downloaded the free version). But I do remember thinking the sound of some of the effects such as flanger and chorus sounded really good.

RobGee wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:06 am I do like this but it'd be nice to see an envelope modulator instead of just the lfo, an expanded pitch shifter and a downsampler/bitcrusher/vintage input module added at some point.
YES I 100% agree with this. The LFO needs a better interface too. Some kind of graphical representation.
But yes, Envelopes are essential for this.

Melda is a great example of how to do this well. you can draw your own LFO shapes, make your own step sequencers, envelope followers, envelope generators, pitch trackers (audio and midi) qwould LOVE to see that in Hofa.

I would also add Freq Shifter to that list. The one in Falcon i particularly love - but they are great for drums. Agree on the bitcrusher too.
It will be interesting to see how this develops. It definitely doesn't feel complete at this point, but the modules that ARE there are brilliant. If there were more modules of the same quality as the Reverb, Saturator, Dynamic EQ...this would be a no brainer. it almost is anyway

RobGee wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:06 am I do like this but it'd be nice to see an envelope modulator instead of just the lfo, an expanded pitch shifter and a downsampler/bitcrusher/vintage input module added at some point.
Was gonna say the same - demo'd HOFA System and liked it, but would really want envelope modulation in order to purchase.

Winstontaneous wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:42 pm
Was gonna say the same - demo'd HOFA System and liked it, but would really want envelope modulation in order to purchase.
Maybe if enough of us ask....

DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:25 pm
Maybe we can email support and see what their plans are. There must be others who feel the same.

RobGee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:47 pm
DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:25 pm
Maybe we can email support and see what their plans are. There must be others who feel the same.

Imagine so. Would love to know their plans for system in general. I am pretty much sure i am going to buy it anyway as i love the modules...but i do agree that it needs to be more 'complete' overall.
Different mod sources is one of them. Would be nice to have MSEGs too. the LFO interface is uninspiring to say the least..really needs visual feedback.

I really think with a few workflow tweaks and some of these improvements, it would be incredibly popular. Just look at how much prasie BYOME got!! This could be so much more than that.
I appreciate it will never be MXXX, or Reaktor. But it would be nice to see some development

Return to “Effects”