Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian
1089 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:11 am

..

User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
968 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am

More than 72 pages of posts about a product that only comes on the market in the summer and almost no information is available. Are you all crazy? :nutter:
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

User avatar
Rivanni
KVRist
74 posts since 4 Feb, 2017

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:38 pm

PietW. wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am
More than 72 pages of posts about a product that only comes on the market in the summer and almost no information is available. Are you all crazy? :nutter:
As crazy as you are, given your own comment on a product that only comes on the market in the summer...

VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
8694 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from a state of confusion

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Rivanni wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:38 pm
PietW. wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am
More than 72 pages of posts about a product that only comes on the market in the summer and almost no information is available. Are you all crazy? :nutter:
As crazy as you are, given your own comment on a product that only comes on the market in the summer...
Questioning the sanity of members in a discussion as a result of the posts in a discussion is different than sharing something potentially 'crazy' in that discussion.

That said, online discussion (in general) is largely a waste of time if you expect more than entertainment.. or maybe mild information. Typically nothing changes but the amount of time spent. I don't expect the GUI to change even though I'd like it to. But, then again, I haven't even heard the synth to even know if I'll upgrade Komplete to gain it. I'm basing my assumption (scary I know) around the original Massive that I know and use fairly regularly. Which it may not even be similar to in reality. So it is a little crazy perhaps..
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
6397 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:39 pm

PietW. wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am
More than 72 pages of posts about a product that only comes on the market in the summer and almost no information is available. Are you all crazy? :nutter:
Yes
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

User avatar
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
3040 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:50 pm

ATS wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:39 pm
PietW. wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am
More than 72 pages of posts about a product that only comes on the market in the summer and almost no information is available. Are you all crazy? :nutter:
Yes
Don't know about you, but I browse KVR here at work while I can't make actual music :shrug:
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Stefken
KVRian
1046 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:03 am

PietW. wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am
More than 72 pages of posts about a product that only comes on the market in the summer and almost no information is available. Are you all crazy? :nutter:
Fair conclusion. But someone here is good at keeping the fire burning. Kudos to him. I guess they can hire him for the communication team.

He's also very good at oneliners providing info in a very efficient way. 😁

User avatar
telecode
KVRian
533 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:40 am

VitaminD wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:14 pm
Rivanni wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:38 pm
PietW. wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am
More than 72 pages of posts about a product that only comes on the market in the summer and almost no information is available. Are you all crazy? :nutter:
As crazy as you are, given your own comment on a product that only comes on the market in the summer...
Questioning the sanity of members in a discussion as a result of the posts in a discussion is different than sharing something potentially 'crazy' in that discussion.

That said, online discussion (in general) is largely a waste of time if you expect more than entertainment.. or maybe mild information. Typically nothing changes but the amount of time spent. I don't expect the GUI to change even though I'd like it to. But, then again, I haven't even heard the synth to even know if I'll upgrade Komplete to gain it. I'm basing my assumption (scary I know) around the original Massive that I know and use fairly regularly. Which it may not even be similar to in reality. So it is a little crazy perhaps..
Something tells me I will most probably jump on the Komplete upgrade sale when (or if!) it comes around in June due to inclusion of Massive X and also because I want to add Unacorda into my toolbox of VSTs.
Just a keep on a goin' a forward, without a single ounce of fear

Image

EuroHero
KVRer
3 posts since 4 Aug, 2018

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:55 am

Why not a new type of synthesis ? they are skilled enough.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44209 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:07 am

PietW. wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am
More than 72 pages of posts about a product that only comes on the market in the summer and almost no information is available. Are you all crazy? :nutter:
gotta do something while evacuating my bowels.

Kevin63101
KVRist
330 posts since 30 Apr, 2008 from St Louis, MO

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:47 am

Something tells me I will most probably jump on the Komplete upgrade sale when (or if!) it comes around in June due to inclusion of Massive X and also because I want to add Unacorda into my toolbox of VSTs.
My plan and for Kontakt 6 for future compatibility with 3rd party libraries.

No rush. I'm still scrolling thru K9 presets ...

drdriller
KVRist
186 posts since 6 Feb, 2017

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:00 am

EuroHero wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:55 am
Why not a new type of synthesis ? they are skilled enough.
Kontour and Prism didn't reach success, back to basics.

generaldiomedes
KVRian
646 posts since 15 Apr, 2017 from Canada

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:19 pm

drdriller wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:00 am
EuroHero wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:55 am
Why not a new type of synthesis ? they are skilled enough.
Kontour and Prism didn't reach success, back to basics.
I hope the days of major new reaktor synths are over. Makes sense for blocks but everything else just Means we get cramped GUIs, limited feature sets and slower workflow for no good reason.

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
9501 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:00 pm

generaldiomedes wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:19 pm
drdriller wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:00 am
EuroHero wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:55 am
Why not a new type of synthesis ? they are skilled enough.
Kontour and Prism didn't reach success, back to basics.
I hope the days of major new reaktor synths are over. Makes sense for blocks but everything else just Means we get cramped GUIs, limited feature sets and slower workflow for no good reason.
That’s how I feel as well. I mean, I love a lot of Reaktor synths, don’t get me wrong, but I often feel like there’s usually a bespoke VST that does what I want and usually it does it a bit better. However, for odd things, it’s awesome because no one’s really going to make something weird with so little possible in potential sales.

It’s time NI reclaim their former glory and come up with new versions of all their old classics. From Absynth to Vokator. DO IT!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

TheSynthScientist
KVRist
158 posts since 29 Nov, 2018

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:00 pm

PietW. wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am
More than 72 pages of posts about a product that only comes on the market in the summer and almost no information is available. Are you all crazy? :nutter:
Yes, yes we are....

Return to “Instruments”