SIR3 reverb plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SIR3

nordickvr wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:18 pm I'm having a look at Samplicity IR's to possibly use with SIR3.
Seem to be amongst the really good ones?
Any other suggestions for true stereo impulses?
SIR3 is prepared to load the the Samplicity impulse sets automatically as true stereo sets (at least the demo impulses i've tried).
But don't forget to try the impulses made by Pinguin, Hamburg, that come with SIR3.
SIR Audio Tools
www.siraudiotools.com

Is there any other place that has these new 'HDIR' impulses ?

Thanks to you both @audiotools and @mcbpete!

Not much info and no reviews on this reverb.
I downloaded the demo and it’s lovely but even with the 40% off its expensive for me.

Does anyone who owns it have any opinions about it, is it worth the money?

simmo75 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:16 pm Does anyone who owns it have any opinions about it, is it worth the money?
I used the free version for many years and loved it. The massive latency of the free version was not great, yet didn't inhibit my using it in projects. SIR3 is a very significant evolution, which the developer created from receiving feedback form users of previous versions.

Being that I'd used SIR free for so long, and that it was my go to verb, I eventually bought SIR2, then upgraded to SIR3. I typically don't spend much on VSTs, in that the amount of amazing free plugins is mind blowing, so purchasing SIR was a significant vote in it's favor.

I've not deeply explored the great new features in SIR3, and I don't have anything similar in my tool box to contrast it with, so reviewing it in depth is not something I can offer, yet I can say that when I've used the new features (dynamics, damping, modulation, enhanced EQ, envelopes, early reflections control, etc) I've found them to make this plug incredibly powerful by taking your basic great sounding convolution verb and expanding it into a capable and expressive sound shaping / design tool. The newly included IR's are also a nice addition.

Tech support is also great!

audiotools wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:48 am 8) Many thanks, many user wishes have been considered in the product.
Amazing work on SIR3 :party:

I have one minor feature request. It would be nice to be able to set the default state of all of the modules, meaning which modules are collapsed or expanded when the plugin is first launched. For example, I never care to have the image expanded, and rarely care to have the routing expanded, but I like to have modulation, damping, and dynamics expanded, and currently I have to go through and collapse/expand everything each time I open the plugin.

Many thanks for the compliments and the suggestion!
SIR Audio Tools
www.siraudiotools.com

trackbout wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:15 pm
audiotools wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:48 am 8) Many thanks, many user wishes have been considered in the product.
Amazing work on SIR3 :party:

I have one minor feature request. It would be nice to be able to set the default state of all of the modules, meaning which modules are collapsed or expanded when the plugin is first launched. For example, I never care to have the image expanded, and rarely care to have the routing expanded, but I like to have modulation, damping, and dynamics expanded, and currently I have to go through and collapse/expand everything each time I open the plugin.
Hi, not sure what DAW you use, but in mine, Cubendo I can save a default patch which Sir respects and keeps for each new instance and it does retain module state.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:55 pm Hi, not sure what DAW you use, but in mine, Cubendo I can save a default patch which Sir respects and keeps for each new instance and it does retain module state.
rsp
Nice tip thanks! It would still be nice to have the plugin handle this without a workaround. It wouldn't even require any extra UI actually, if SIR3 just retained the last state of the modules you set and used that the next time it was instantiated that would do the trick!

SIR3 is on sale for 50% off right now.

e@rs wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:28 pm SIR3 is on sale for 50% off right now.
And another 25% off when you subscribed to their newsletter.
More BPM please

SIR makes great stuff! :tu: I use StandardClip in every project.

Demo-ing SIR3 reverb right now and so far I really like it. (not sure about the compressor/gate part tho... luckily it's not the selling point of the plugin ;) )

btw, how does one 'test' the quality of convolution reverbs? what makes a 'bad' sounding one? ... besides having bad IRs

Is this a (nice) IR player?

mcbpete wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:55 pm Is there any other place that has these new 'HDIR' impulses ?
I’m also interested in checking out more HDIRs! After checking out SIR3, will definitely get it during this sale! :Tu: those true stereo ones sound so vivid :wow:

SIR3 sure is nice. I am being pretty picky about my BF purchases but I think I will go for the SIR3+Clipper bundle. It's a really nice sounding reverb and very versatile with all the curves/t you can design. quite unique!

Return to “Effects”