Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3363 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:41 am

mgw38 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:39 am
Harry_HH wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:23 pm
The ”3D” effect is nothing you can’t get by a good reverb (e.g. Eventide Room) and panning.
The ”behind the listener” is even weaker with this VR plugin than with some other reverbs/delays. Snake Oil - just a interface!
This is not entirely true. The key here is the accuracy of the spatialization based on HRTF modeling. There are a few plugins out there that do this (NuSpace Muze or Wave Arts Panorama come to mind), but it is a rather rare functionality. If you really „need“ this is a different story (but I would argue that pretty much nobody here really needs anything we are chatting about anyway).

In music production, you are usually not that concerned with accuracy and most often like to overemphasize spatialization effects (plus the vertical information is usually lost on human ears anyway). And that is indeed something you can do with any good reverb, provided you know what you are doing.
I don’t know about the abreviations. But the plugins I mentioned, including Nuspaceaudio Muze and Aeko, are much better in 3D, plus more versatile. I like 3D feature, and use it, icluding manual phase error, but most 3D plugins are not much more than a panner.

mgw38
KVRian
1399 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:54 am

Sorry, HRTF means "Head-related Transfer Function". It is an attempt to mathematically model the way sound is received by the human ear.

mgw38
KVRian
1399 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 am

dzilizzi wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 am
Yeah, except to update Nuendo, other than the update to 10 which will be free, it cost 2 to 3 times the update price of Cubase. I'm not sure I want to get into that. And it turns out, Cubase 10 has some good new video tools that make it more attractive than upgrading to Nuendo for the price.
If I read the press release correctly, they reduced the price for Nuendo quite a bit. That seems to indicate that they are working towards merging the two product lines. It should also have an impact on future upgrade prices.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1041 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:59 am

mgw38 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 am
dzilizzi wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 am
Yeah, except to update Nuendo, other than the update to 10 which will be free, it cost 2 to 3 times the update price of Cubase. I'm not sure I want to get into that. And it turns out, Cubase 10 has some good new video tools that make it more attractive than upgrading to Nuendo for the price.
If I read the press release correctly, they reduced the price for Nuendo quite a bit. That seems to indicate that they are working towards merging the two product lines. It should also have an impact on future upgrade prices.
Actually, that would be nice. I hear Nuendo is much more stable, which makes sense for the price. I downloaded the trial to check it out. I have a Sweetwater card and they have no interest for 36 months at $28/month until 4/2. It is almost reasonable. And I don't give up my Cubase license in case I decide not to upgrade again. Still thinking though....

Fleer
KVRAF
4146 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:00 pm

everyPlugin.com wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:05 am
agharta wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:50 am
...I have an unused Gold license bought about a month ago, so if I register within the offer period will I get the SSL4000 also? I think that's how it works! Thanks.
Hi agharta,
Yes. If you didn't register it yet, go ahead and do it now.
You should receive the SSL4000 from Waves.

Koby
Exactly. I did the very same.

Audio Plugin Deals
KVRist
89 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:06 am

For just $99.99 (instead of $576), get the AcousticSamples 4-in-1 Guitar Bundle comprising of GD-6 Acoustic Guitar, Strategy, Sunbird and Telematic V3!

Acousticsamples creates virtual instruments focused on the perfect recreation of acoustic and electric instrument such as guitars, pianos, organs and more.

Originally $576, the whole bundle is now available for just $99.99 for a limited time only (you save a whopping $476). You can also buy just what you need except Telematic V3 which is an added bonus that comes when you buy the whole bundle. Scroll down to read more! This is an amazing no-brainer offer you should not miss!

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals
Deal Ends: April 3rd

yohanandz
KVRer
12 posts since 19 Nov, 2018

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:31 am

Only until April 3rd
Save up to USD 100 on Live 10 upgrades

Ableton Live upto 100$ discount running

sprnva
KVRAF
1523 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:16 am

yohanandz wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:31 am
Only until April 3rd

From Lite or Intro only.
Image Image Image

testman3thousand
KVRer
9 posts since 5 Mar, 2019

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:22 am

yohanandz wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:31 am
Only until April 3rd

50$ OFF if you upgrade to Standard
100$ OFF if you upgrade to Suite

Fleer
KVRAF
4146 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:22 am

Audio Plugin Deals wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:06 am
For just $99.99 (instead of $576), get the AcousticSamples 4-in-1 Guitar Bundle comprising of GD-6 Acoustic Guitar, Strategy, Sunbird and Telematic V3!

Schweet, come to mama :tu:

dzilizzi
KVRian
1041 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:37 am

Fleer wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:22 am
Audio Plugin Deals wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:06 am

Schweet, come to mama :tu:
The only bad thing about these is you need the UVI workstation to run them. Not a problem really. Just, I totally forget I have them because they are not in Kontakt, if that makes sense.

agharta
KVRist
93 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:08 am

How do Waves license transfers work so can I pass on the free SSL 4000 Collection that came with my Gold Bundle?
I know you pay 5% of the so called Regular price as a fee but I haven't activated it yet so does that make it easier?

Insanelysane
KVRist
215 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:18 am

agharta wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:08 am
How do Waves license transfers work so can I pass on the free SSL 4000 Collection that came with my Gold Bundle?
I know you pay 5% of the so called Regular price as a fee but I haven't activated it yet so does that make it easier?
I think the free SSL 4000 Collection would register in an account once Waves Gold was registered to the same one at the same time but this all had to be during the promotion. If you registered Gold in your account didnt SSL show up in there too? If so, you pay the transfer fee (capped at around $50 or something right?).
If by some miracle you registered Gold but SSL didnt register but rather you were emailed a serial then it wouldn't be tied to your account and whoever you're transferring it to can just register it without a fee.

agharta
KVRist
93 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:27 am

Insanelysane wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:18 am
I think the free SSL 4000 Collection would register in an account once Waves Gold was registered to the same one at the same time but this all had to be during the promotion. If you registered Gold in your account didnt SSL show up in there too? If so, you pay the transfer fee (capped at around $50 or something right?).
If by some miracle you registered Gold but SSL didnt register but rather you were emailed a serial then it wouldn't be tied to your account and whoever you're transferring it to can just register it without a fee.
The SSL 4000 Collection is showing in my account it's just that I haven't activated it yet.
I guess that makes no difference in terms of the transfer?
They cap at $150 which equates to a Regular price of $3,000 based on the 5% rule.
I will ask them at some point if it's eligible to be transferred.
I'm new to Waves so wanted some general info as haven't even download, installed and activated yet.

Insanelysane
KVRist
215 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:50 pm

agharta wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:27 am
Insanelysane wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:18 am
The SSL 4000 Collection is showing in my account it's just that I haven't activated it yet.
I guess that makes no difference in terms of the transfer?
They cap at $150 which equates to a Regular price of $3,000 based on the 5% rule.
I will ask them at some point if it's eligible to be transferred.
I'm new to Waves so wanted some general info as haven't even download, installed and activated yet.

While its not activated yet, it is registered to your account (you see it in your Waves account). Transferring it to a new owner would mean paying the transfer fee I'm pretty sure. The activation thing is just whether its active on your system, or rather it tells you which system your licenses are activated to in case you have a few different computers for music making. I hope that helps and you dont have a hefty transfer fee, otherwise perhaps just use them :) :phones:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”