Nice free convolution reverb !!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
foxAsteria
KVRist
103 posts since 8 Aug, 2004

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:18 am

Is there any way to set the default folder for the file browser? It resets every time I close the GUI.
~TwilightMysterySchool~
AtmosphericElectronicMusic

SparkySpark
KVRAF
1500 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:23 am

Tsubasai wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:46 am
:tu: It looks new to me too!
I have not tried this one yet but sounds like it will be in my top 3 free convolution reverb plug-ins along with Melda one and best service one.

Thank you for the refresh info.
Just wanted to give another thumbs up for Melda's free convolution reverb and Best Service. Great stuff really.
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

michal.ochedowski
KVRer
7 posts since 31 Dec, 2018

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:39 pm

foxAsteria wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:18 am
Is there any way to set the default folder for the file browser? It resets every time I close the GUI.
That's what I also would like to know. Third party impulse response (.wav or .aiff) browsing is a bit tedious. When I close GUI and open it again (same instance), location I had previously chosen resets to root directory. I tried copying impulses to Factory Library, but that did not help at all.

SokeL
KVRer
12 posts since 25 May, 2004

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:59 am

the impulserecord site seems to be down ( Offline for some last hours for me.
hope to try the reverb somehow!

Update: It is online again! Sorry for the comment, can not delete it now (

Bug Music
KVRist
94 posts since 7 Dec, 2004

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:49 pm

michal.ochedowski wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:39 pm
foxAsteria wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:18 am
Is there any way to set the default folder for the file browser? It resets every time I close the GUI.
That's what I also would like to know. Third party impulse response (.wav or .aiff) browsing is a bit tedious. When I close GUI and open it again (same instance), location I had previously chosen resets to root directory. I tried copying impulses to Factory Library, but that did not help at all.
I don't know if you are on Windows or Mac, but on Mac clicking on "File Browser" defaults to your User/Documents folder.

I put an alias (shortcut) to my IR folder in there to cut down on the number of clicks.

Hopefully this helps.

- Jay

DPhil
KVRist
100 posts since 7 Dec, 2016

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:14 pm

Thanks! A neat little plugin that just works and doesn't give eye cancer.

michal.ochedowski
KVRer
7 posts since 31 Dec, 2018

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Bug Music, thanks for the neat tip. I'm on Windows. Unfortunately for some reason shortcuts to folders cannot be viewed in Convology XT's File Browser.

Bug Music
KVRist
94 posts since 7 Dec, 2004

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:31 pm

michal.ochedowski wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:14 pm
Bug Music, thanks for the neat tip. I'm on Windows. Unfortunately for some reason shortcuts to folders cannot be viewed in Convology XT's File Browser.
Hi Michal,
Damn, sorry that didn't work for you.
If a regular shortcut didn't work, then a symlink (hard symbolic link) probably would.

I have a script to create them here on the Mac, and I'm not 100% sure of the easiest way to create them on Windows, but I did find this :
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/

I'd be really curious to know if this does work on Windows.
Hopefully this helps.

- Jay

michal.ochedowski
KVRer
7 posts since 31 Dec, 2018

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi Michal,
Damn, sorry that didn't work for you.
If a regular shortcut didn't work, then a symlink (hard symbolic link) probably would.

I have a script to create them here on the Mac, and I'm not 100% sure of the easiest way to create them on Windows, but I did find this :
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/

I'd be really curious to know if this does work on Windows.
Hopefully this helps.

- Jay
Thanks again for the input. I read the article. I avoid anything that involves the need to run as administrator. I had some issues before with various programs. It was caused solely by this command. I mean I would rather have a ready made solution coming from developer instead of messing with windows settings. Not worth it.

bgardner8008
KVRer
4 posts since 7 Jan, 2013 from United States

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Great idea to remember the last directory in the file browser. The next update will include that feature.

Bug Music
KVRist
94 posts since 7 Dec, 2004

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:25 pm

bgardner8008 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:47 pm
Great idea to remember the last directory in the file browser. The next update will include that feature.
Hi bgardner,
Great to see you here.
I just wanted to say that I love your plugins, and this one is no exception.

This is a great plugin at any price, but for free... just WOW !

A big thank you, to you guys and the folks at Impulse Record for this !

- Jay

User avatar
Turello
KVRAF
3190 posts since 6 Jul, 2012 from Sick-cily

Re: Nice free convolution reverb !!

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:59 pm

@Impulse Record: would be appreciated if you can do a non-installer version with all in one folder, i.e.: "C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins\Impulse Record"...
Thanks in advance

:help:

Return to “Effects”