Nice free convolution reverb !!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any way to set the default folder for the file browser? It resets every time I close the GUI.

Tsubasai wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:46 pm :tu: It looks new to me too!
I have not tried this one yet but sounds like it will be in my top 3 free convolution reverb plug-ins along with Melda one and best service one.

Thank you for the refresh info.
Just wanted to give another thumbs up for Melda's free convolution reverb and Best Service. Great stuff really.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

foxAsteria wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 am Is there any way to set the default folder for the file browser? It resets every time I close the GUI.
That's what I also would like to know. Third party impulse response (.wav or .aiff) browsing is a bit tedious. When I close GUI and open it again (same instance), location I had previously chosen resets to root directory. I tried copying impulses to Factory Library, but that did not help at all.

the impulserecord site seems to be down ( Offline for some last hours for me.
hope to try the reverb somehow!

Update: It is online again! Sorry for the comment, can not delete it now (

michal.ochedowski wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:39 am
foxAsteria wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 am Is there any way to set the default folder for the file browser? It resets every time I close the GUI.
That's what I also would like to know. Third party impulse response (.wav or .aiff) browsing is a bit tedious. When I close GUI and open it again (same instance), location I had previously chosen resets to root directory. I tried copying impulses to Factory Library, but that did not help at all.
I don't know if you are on Windows or Mac, but on Mac clicking on "File Browser" defaults to your User/Documents folder.

I put an alias (shortcut) to my IR folder in there to cut down on the number of clicks.

Hopefully this helps.

- Jay

Thanks! A neat little plugin that just works and doesn't give eye cancer.

Bug Music, thanks for the neat tip. I'm on Windows. Unfortunately for some reason shortcuts to folders cannot be viewed in Convology XT's File Browser.

michal.ochedowski wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:14 am Bug Music, thanks for the neat tip. I'm on Windows. Unfortunately for some reason shortcuts to folders cannot be viewed in Convology XT's File Browser.
Hi Michal,
Damn, sorry that didn't work for you.
If a regular shortcut didn't work, then a symlink (hard symbolic link) probably would.

I have a script to create them here on the Mac, and I'm not 100% sure of the easiest way to create them on Windows, but I did find this :
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/

I'd be really curious to know if this does work on Windows.
Hopefully this helps.

- Jay

Hi Michal,
Damn, sorry that didn't work for you.
If a regular shortcut didn't work, then a symlink (hard symbolic link) probably would.

I have a script to create them here on the Mac, and I'm not 100% sure of the easiest way to create them on Windows, but I did find this :
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/

I'd be really curious to know if this does work on Windows.
Hopefully this helps.

- Jay
Thanks again for the input. I read the article. I avoid anything that involves the need to run as administrator. I had some issues before with various programs. It was caused solely by this command. I mean I would rather have a ready made solution coming from developer instead of messing with windows settings. Not worth it.

Great idea to remember the last directory in the file browser. The next update will include that feature.

bgardner8008 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:47 pm Great idea to remember the last directory in the file browser. The next update will include that feature.
Hi bgardner,
Great to see you here.
I just wanted to say that I love your plugins, and this one is no exception.

This is a great plugin at any price, but for free... just WOW !

A big thank you, to you guys and the folks at Impulse Record for this !

- Jay

@Impulse Record: would be appreciated if you can do a non-installer version with all in one folder, i.e.: "C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins\Impulse Record"...
Thanks in advance

:help:

I would really love the option to install the IR library on a different location/partition.

I wanted to try this, but then I read something like registration code.
Is this challenge/response ?
I don't use c/r products even if they are free.
In fact they are not free then as you have to rely to a third party to issue you a new response code in maybe 5 or 7 years or you can't load your old projects anymore.....

Giova942 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:01 am I would really love the option to install the IR library on a different location/partition.
"Symbolic links" are your friend ! :)
Do a Google search on how to create them for your particular OS.

I have moved this IR library, as well as most of my other sample libraries and plugin content to my secondary internal ssd, using symbolic links.
Even the most finicky plugins, and DAW sample content content all work flawlessly (for me anyway) using this method.

SymLinks work like an alias but they are a lot more robust, the downside is you cant move the originals around once you've created a symlink to it.

As long as the target of the symlink is not going to be moved around, it is the perfect solution for putting sample libraries in a secondary fixed location where they are going to stay put.

Hopefully this helps.

- Jay

Return to “Effects”