Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

The really need to fix the 303 VST.

Crashes in Reaper and Ableton Live (for me it crashes when I quit Ableton Live, but I can load and use the plugin).
Not recognized in NI Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.

Reefius wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:56 am The really need to fix the 303 VST.

Crashes in Reaper and Ableton Live (for me it crashes when I quit Ableton Live, but I can load and use the plugin).
Not recognized in NI Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.
My Reaper even could not scan it.

Also the 303 is not recognized in Waveform 10, nor in Cakewalk by Bandlab.

I could scan it in Reaper by enabling the deprecated scan option in Reaper, then closing Reaper and removing TB-303's entry from reaper-vstplugins.ini, then running Reaper again and letting it scan for "new" plugins automatically. This way you don't need to run the full deprecated scan which would mess up your custom plugin names etc.

After it recognized TB-303 plugin (and it will with this deprecated scan), just disable the deprecated scan option again.

Send your reports to Roland of which hosts the 303 doesn't work in. They clearly do have an issue with this one.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:17 pm I could scan it in Reaper by enabling the deprecated scan option in Reaper
Thanks ED!

Demoed vst2 not liked by maschine 2.81 or Cubase 10.0.15.

Thats odd, seemed to open for me Ok in reaper - though i think i had to re scan it.
Will have a look
Roland have always gotten back to me when i message them.
I am still really enjoying this collection. It is great to see them adding more and more value to it. I am most surprised by the 3P- awesome synth.
When are we going to see the JP8000?? That would rock

I tried to find out if there was still a loyalty program going - like the one they had where every paid full year let you permanently use 1 or 2 plugins. Couldn't find any information on the homepage, so I'm guessing they stopped this loyalty program? Did they figure people "owned" too many plugins by now and stopped paying?

I really hate subscription based software!
They can change the prices and conditions every way they want whenever they want - and seems like they do.

joe_b wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:35 am I tried to find out if there was still a loyalty program going - like the one they had where every paid full year let you permanently use 1 or 2 plugins. Couldn't find any information on the homepage, so I'm guessing they stopped this loyalty program? Did they figure people "owned" too many plugins by now and stopped paying?
And here we go again... :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

Is this new TB-303 VSTI running the same algo as the TB-03 Boutique?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

fmr wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:37 am
joe_b wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:35 am I tried to find out if there was still a loyalty program going - like the one they had where every paid full year let you permanently use 1 or 2 plugins. Couldn't find any information on the homepage, so I'm guessing they stopped this loyalty program? Did they figure people "owned" too many plugins by now and stopped paying?
And here we go again... :roll:
Ok, ok. I could have searched the thread, sorry.
But why on earth don't they state something that important on their page? (scratching my head)

electro wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:44 pm Is this new TB-303 VSTI running the same algo as the TB-03 Boutique?
No.

joe_b wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:12 pm But why on earth don't they state something that important on their page? (scratching my head)
I hear you... been wondering the same thing several times. Makes the whole service look very poorly managed to me, like they are not sure themselves what exactly the terms are.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:26 pm Send your reports to Roland of which hosts the 303 doesn't work in. They clearly do have an issue with this one.
They don't care. I reported my problems in Waveform 10 and Cakewalk by Bandlab, and this was their response:

"Much as we'd like to support all possible system configurations, our resources are finite, so we restrict ourselves to those that have a sizable user base. Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools and Ableton Live cover the three supported plug-in formats--AU, VST (Steinberg is the author of the VST spec) and AAX.
If a given issue doesn't manifest itself in one of those defining plug-in platforms, then it's probably related to the DAW. Unfortunately, time spent investigating non-supported configurations is time we aren't spending on the supported configurations.
"

So I guess if you don't run one of the "supported" DAWs, you are not a supported customer of Roland Cloud. Strange business model.

Anyway, I would like to see them change their thinking on this, so maybe if they get flooded with reports/complaints, we can get some help.

Return to “Instruments”