Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Reefius
KVRian
552 posts since 7 Dec, 2013 from Belgium

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:56 am

The really need to fix the 303 VST.

Crashes in Reaper and Ableton Live (for me it crashes when I quit Ableton Live, but I can load and use the plugin).
Not recognized in NI Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.

Steve1974
KVRist
53 posts since 13 Sep, 2014 from Moscow, Russia

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:32 am

Reefius wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:56 am
The really need to fix the 303 VST.

Crashes in Reaper and Ableton Live (for me it crashes when I quit Ableton Live, but I can load and use the plugin).
Not recognized in NI Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.
My Reaper even could not scan it.
Sorry for my bad English. I'm not a native speaker.

JamminFool
KVRian
1083 posts since 16 Apr, 2004

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:36 am

Also the 303 is not recognized in Waveform 10, nor in Cakewalk by Bandlab.

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
17842 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 am

I could scan it in Reaper by enabling the deprecated scan option in Reaper, then closing Reaper and removing TB-303's entry from reaper-vstplugins.ini, then running Reaper again and letting it scan for "new" plugins automatically. This way you don't need to run the full deprecated scan which would mess up your custom plugin names etc.

After it recognized TB-303 plugin (and it will with this deprecated scan), just disable the deprecated scan option again.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6482 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:26 am

Send your reports to Roland of which hosts the 303 doesn't work in. They clearly do have an issue with this one.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

Steve1974
KVRist
53 posts since 13 Sep, 2014 from Moscow, Russia

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:02 am

EvilDragon wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 am
I could scan it in Reaper by enabling the deprecated scan option in Reaper
Thanks ED!
Sorry for my bad English. I'm not a native speaker.

User avatar
MFXxx
KVRAF
2948 posts since 27 Mar, 2010 from UK

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:06 am

Demoed vst2 not liked by maschine 2.81 or Cubase 10.0.15.
Image7820x 4.6ghz • 32GB Ram • 1050TI • SSDs & Hybrid Drives • RME FF800 • Adams A7X • Maschine • Analog Keys • Virus TI • JD800 • JV1080 • x0xb0x

DavidCarlyon
KVRist
384 posts since 17 Mar, 2018

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:08 am

Thats odd, seemed to open for me Ok in reaper - though i think i had to re scan it.
Will have a look
Roland have always gotten back to me when i message them.
I am still really enjoying this collection. It is great to see them adding more and more value to it. I am most surprised by the 3P- awesome synth.
When are we going to see the JP8000?? That would rock

joe_b
KVRist
103 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:35 am

I tried to find out if there was still a loyalty program going - like the one they had where every paid full year let you permanently use 1 or 2 plugins. Couldn't find any information on the homepage, so I'm guessing they stopped this loyalty program? Did they figure people "owned" too many plugins by now and stopped paying?

I really hate subscription based software!
They can change the prices and conditions every way they want whenever they want - and seems like they do.

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
8561 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:37 am

joe_b wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:35 am
I tried to find out if there was still a loyalty program going - like the one they had where every paid full year let you permanently use 1 or 2 plugins. Couldn't find any information on the homepage, so I'm guessing they stopped this loyalty program? Did they figure people "owned" too many plugins by now and stopped paying?
And here we go again... :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

electro
KVRAF
4431 posts since 6 May, 2002

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:44 am

Is this new TB-303 VSTI running the same algo as the TB-03 Boutique?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

joe_b
KVRist
103 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:12 am

fmr wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:37 am
joe_b wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:35 am
I tried to find out if there was still a loyalty program going - like the one they had where every paid full year let you permanently use 1 or 2 plugins. Couldn't find any information on the homepage, so I'm guessing they stopped this loyalty program? Did they figure people "owned" too many plugins by now and stopped paying?
And here we go again... :roll:
Ok, ok. I could have searched the thread, sorry.
But why on earth don't they state something that important on their page? (scratching my head)

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
17842 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:32 am

electro wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:44 am
Is this new TB-303 VSTI running the same algo as the TB-03 Boutique?
No.

User avatar
Captain
KVRist
454 posts since 29 Nov, 2002 from Finland

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:41 am

joe_b wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:12 am
But why on earth don't they state something that important on their page? (scratching my head)
I hear you... been wondering the same thing several times. Makes the whole service look very poorly managed to me, like they are not sure themselves what exactly the terms are.

JamminFool
KVRian
1083 posts since 16 Apr, 2004

Re: Roland Cloud

Post Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:02 pm

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:26 am
Send your reports to Roland of which hosts the 303 doesn't work in. They clearly do have an issue with this one.
They don't care. I reported my problems in Waveform 10 and Cakewalk by Bandlab, and this was their response:

"Much as we'd like to support all possible system configurations, our resources are finite, so we restrict ourselves to those that have a sizable user base. Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools and Ableton Live cover the three supported plug-in formats--AU, VST (Steinberg is the author of the VST spec) and AAX.
If a given issue doesn't manifest itself in one of those defining plug-in platforms, then it's probably related to the DAW. Unfortunately, time spent investigating non-supported configurations is time we aren't spending on the supported configurations.
"

So I guess if you don't run one of the "supported" DAWs, you are not a supported customer of Roland Cloud. Strange business model.

Anyway, I would like to see them change their thinking on this, so maybe if they get flooded with reports/complaints, we can get some help.

Return to “Instruments”