Anyone using Equator with GeoShred?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With Equator on sale for the next 10 days I’m curious to try it with my copy of GeoShred. I have GeoShred for ipad, so unfortunately I only have x and y axis movements for expression (no strike velocity sensitivity). I don’t have a seaboard or a linnstrument or any other more expressive controller and have no plans to get one any time soon.

What do you all think? Is Equator worth it if all I have to control it is a standard midi keyboard and GeoShred?

Yes, absolutely, its a great synth in every aspect. But you should rethink your decision about a more expressive controller. You might get an extra discount on Equator if you buy the more affordable Seaboard Block...
You would,have hands on a real instrument, a complete game changer...

I played around with Geo-Shred Control using Strobe2 and Cypher2 (also on sale). It was definitely a good experience. I wound up buying a Linnstrument a month later (GAS). I have no regrets. I’m sure Equator is just as nice. I probably won’t get it though, because I have the FxPansion stuff in addition to the U-he and Madrona Lab synths. I need to get a handle on what I have already. But yeah...Geo-Shred is a kick with MPE soft synths. No doubt about that. Only thing I’ve noticed about Cypher and Strobe was that I sometimes needed to reduce either the unison, or overall voice count to avoid having audio breakup. I think I had to do it with Diva too, and that was only in MPE. They worked fine in single channel midi mode
Last edited by W23 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Also worth looking at is Kai Aras' KB-1, which is another controller app that offers MPE functionality, but within a Seaboard-like interface. You can even stack multiple keyboards onscreen for more octaves :tu:

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:30 am Yes, absolutely, its a great synth in every aspect. But you should rethink your decision about a more expressive controller. You might get an extra discount on Equator if you buy the more affordable Seaboard Block...
You would,have hands on a real instrument, a complete game changer...
Thanks, but I think I'm going to go for a linnstrument when it's time for me to pick up an expressive controller. I've tried the seaboard and it didn't really click with me. I wish I could find a place to demo the linnstrument before dropping a grand on it though.

Yes this is a very good plan! I prefer my LinnStrument over a Seaboard anytime...
You can ask Roger Linn directly to get you in contact with an owner in your area. And the smaller one is less expensive (and less heavy) than a 4 octave Seaboard, but will give you even some notes more in range...

Roger Linn talked me into buying mine. Lol! It was almost an identical subject. I was trying to figure out if I should buy a Linnstrument, or an iPad Pro (12”...larger playing surface) since I was having so much fun with Geo-Shred. I don’t know if this makes it any easier but, I got a year’s interest free financing, and a 15 percent discount for just picking up the phone and haggling with an online vendor. It’s amazing what you can get done that way. Those poor bastards in sales really want your business

Return to “Instruments”