SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

mixtur.se wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:17 pm
DrumAddict wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm
Burillo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:38 pm
DrumAddict wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:12 pm and imo you dont needs to wonder when it crashes if you load a few instances of ST 4 with serveral instruments , it crashes because it use to much memory . im lucky a little bit to have 32 GB Ram , but there are user which have less Ram .
i have 32GB of RAM. i cannot load more than 3 empty SampleTank 4 instances. not even loading sounds - those are empty instances that cause an out-of-memory crash, on a 32GB system!
thanks for pointing it out .

are there seriously no other user which use Sampletank 2 legacy imported Multis from ST3 with Sampletank 4 ?
I have a few, imported via ST3 and then used by ST4. These patches work for me though, is there anything specific you like to try? The only think is that they made it very difficult to find and browse these as they weren´t added as libraries (just in bulk under "imported"). No Multis were carried when I moved to ST4.

ST4 still crashes a lot on my on my system though (have 64gb RAM), but not specifically when loading ST2 patches.
sure , imported legacy Sampletank 2 Instruments are loading within ST4 , but the imported Multis do not . legacy multis needs to import to ST3 separately . like import legacy Instruments .

fun fact: i've just re-watched the video that i've submitted to support, and i can see that while Windows shows "used memory" for SampleTank 4 as somewhere around 2GB per SampleTank 4 instance, the committed memory actually grows by 7GB. yes, you read that right - a single empty SampleTank 4 instance occupies SEVEN MOTHERF$%KING GIGABYTES. Running more than three of them (i.e. eating more than 28GB worth of memory!) crashes on my machine, because i have my paging file disabled, because why the fsck would i need one on a machine with 32GB of memory?!

seriously, IK, you need to fire your software developers and hire some new ones, like, immediately. this is fscking insane. for a little bit of perspective, Kontakt 5 takes up 200MB of memory.
Last edited by Burillo on Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I should not have installed 4.0.3 because now I have the same problem as before, tried installed 4.0.3 again, even tried 4.0.2 same problem.

IK Multimedia support isn't really handling this disaster in a good way. I suspect they are using default answer to quickly close tickets without even trying to understand what the issue is. Here are some of the responses I've received:

"Please note, we also released a sound library updater. It's stated on the release notes. Download and run the Sound library Updater 1.3 to resolve. "
- Did say in the ticket that I had updated already

"We have a 4.03 plug in and new instrument update coming out that should resolve a lot of various issues. "
-Got this after 7 days without even commenting the actual problem I reported.

"We have a big update coming today, lets try this."
- Without even comparing my issue with what´s been fixed (hint, it didn't work)

It basically takes them a week to send a completely nonsense default answer without even trying to look into my problem.
The software is still unusable for me as it rashes randomly and pulls down the DAW with it.

I suspect they are re-using the same reply. Anyone else getting these lame responses from IK?

"We have a 4.03 plug in and new instrument update coming out that should resolve a lot of various issues. "

"Thats really strange. I think 4.03 is out wed, lets try this."

Just installed and tried standalone. It will not start. Stuck at 0% with database scan. Flashes every 5 seconds or so just like before...WOW! I haven't even tried the VST version to see if anything else is fixed. I will tonight, however, and I will let y'all know!

My support tickets are getting...more characters added to them. It really kind of sucks for support too as I am assuming that they didn't program this.

Sorry for the pic Peter, I just couldn't help myself!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No problem, but I can fairly counter that while I'm sorry to see some still having problems there are a majority of users who are not experiencing problems any more and I am sure those here who are still experiencing problems can be taken care of. In other words, I'm sure those posting here who still have issues will be "on the right track" (you know that's really where I was going the whole time) soon.

Edit - and I do wholeheartedly say that I feel your pain and am making every effort to get your issues rectified ASAP. Regardless of making a corny reference to the train track up there. No excuse for faulty humor, that's on me :)
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dandezebra wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:00 pm Sorry for the pic Peter, I just couldn't help myself!
I liked mine better, :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=521103&p=7330113#p7330113

Edit - was looking at the wrong picture.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yours was the inspiration for mine! I didn't have time to photoshop the rest!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:09 pm No problem, but I can fairly counter that while I'm sorry to see some still having problems there are a majority of users who are not experiencing problems any more
i´m pretty sure that this majority did have the same problems but use ST4 not often or within other circumstances or workflows, but they are quiet and dont report issues , sorry Peter but working and report issues to support are an "pain in the ass" , it takes too long and most of the time its just standard messages .

it would really interest me who beta tested ST4 before put this out to the customer ? IKM Coder , IKM Staff and IKM Support only ? Many Software Companys do an closed or open Beta Test before they put out their Stuff to Customer . Many Many of those issues had could be seen and found before within Beta Tests .

an Bug Report Forum would be much easier , where people can report issues and where IKM Developer could read the issues and respond directly (many other companys do the same) , it would be much better than to write and work with the support .

just sorry again to say my opinion .

Burillo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:22 pm for me, there are two main circumstances where crashes happen. i'm on Windows 10, and using REAPER.

scenario 1: switch to folder mode in the library, and go to SampleTank 4 -> Guitars -> Electric -> Black LP, and start going patch by patch. at some point SampleTank will crash on switching to a new patch. rinse and repeat until it happens.

scenario 2: load four instances of SampleTank 4 VST3 in REAPER: instant crash.
It's not Reaper specific - this happens in Standalone for me on Windows 10. Load the 'Black LP Full Keyswitch' preset, play a few notes, load the 'Black LP Powerchords KS' preset, instacrash playing the first note :x

Can anyone else on Windows 10 replicate this exact scenario in Standalone ?

@MikeCallon - I've relayed information to the devs and testing team about looking into reports of preset switching causing crashes. Seems to be the most common case I've seen with post-4.0.3 crash reporting.

I just realized my problem has to with my CMI uf80 controller, play on a virtual midi keyboard or my Kurzweil no problem.

Anyone knows what problem is with Uf80 and sampletank?

MikeCallon wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:36 pm
Burillo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:22 pm for me, there are two main circumstances where crashes happen. i'm on Windows 10, and using REAPER.

scenario 1: switch to folder mode in the library, and go to SampleTank 4 -> Guitars -> Electric -> Black LP, and start going patch by patch. at some point SampleTank will crash on switching to a new patch. rinse and repeat until it happens.

scenario 2: load four instances of SampleTank 4 VST3 in REAPER: instant crash.
It's not Reaper specific - this happens in Standalone for me on Windows 10. Load the 'Black LP Full Keyswitch' preset, play a few notes, load the 'Black LP Powerchords KS' preset, instacrash playing the first note :x

Can anyone else on Windows 10 replicate this exact scenario in Standalone ?
Tested it with the Standalone one minute ago , same here as you describe it . instant crash .

DrumAddict wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:35 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:09 pm No problem, but I can fairly counter that while I'm sorry to see some still having problems there are a majority of users who are not experiencing problems any more
i´m pretty sure that this majority did have the same problems but use ST4 not often or within other circumstances or workflows, but they are quiet and dont report issues , sorry Peter but working and report issues to support are an "pain in the ass" , it takes too long and most of the time its just standard messages .

it would really interest me who beta tested ST4 before put this out to the customer ? IKM Coder , IKM Staff and IKM Support only ? Many Software Companys do an closed or open Beta Test before they put out their Stuff to Customer . Many Many of those issues had could be seen and found before within Beta Tests .

an Bug Report Forum would be much easier , where people can report issues and where IKM Developer could read the issues and respond directly (many other companys do the same) , it would be much better than to write and work with the support .

just sorry again to say my opinion .
Hi, I'm basing my statement on the many tickets that were replied to as fully resolved with 4.0.3 today. Sorry I wasn't clear about that. I've also received many messages from people I've been helping directly to this effect.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there compared to me saying no need to be sorry about your opinion and your points are taken and I understand where you are coming from. IK does have a testing team, thankfully no it is not a case of developers developing and then testing and not seeing the forest for the trees. But again your points are fair and taken and I will relay suggestions like this as I do in these cases. I've definitely also added my own 0.02 along some similar lines and will continue to.

Thanks again for your comments, I wanted you to know they don't fall on deaf ears.

Return to “Instruments”