Cubase 10

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:42 pm Just out of interest: What do people who use both Cubase and S1 miss the most in S1 compared to Cubase?
i was an avid s1(v2) user, until 2 things happened:
1) the s1v3 gui seemed so cluttered, and ill-defined, i just couldn't imagine sitting in front of that for hours every day...

2) the last project i did in S1 ended up getting moved from the end of the album to the beginning...so...had to transpose keys (major/minor were involved). after having to do that manually for 70 or so tracks of midi because S1 wasn't "key aware", i bought DP (then cubase because of a sweetheart deal), and haven't gone back.

That said, i don't dislike S1. I just am gunshy of using it for midi arrangements like that (DP is my go-to for that sort of thing, and i like cubase for the simpler stuff).
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Absolutely loving Cubase 10. Wouldn’t want to use anything else for orchestral / hybrid composition. Thankfully they’ve started to focus more on workflow - only should get better I think.

Not sure. I have Cubase 9.5, but because I hate the transparent WindozGUI it demands, I went back to 7.5.
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

5Lives wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:15 pm Absolutely loving Cubase 10. Wouldn’t want to use anything else for orchestral / hybrid composition. Thankfully they’ve started to focus more on workflow - only should get better I think.
Hi, just curious, what part of the new workflow in 10.x appeals to you most and you think has made the most advances and benefit from the Cubase product for you?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

BERFAB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:14 pm There is one change that I don't understand: arguably, my most used features are duplicate event, repeat event, and fill loop. These all used to be accessible with a simple right click drop down menu. Now only the "duplicate" feature is accessible with a right click. Repeat and fill loop are now only accessible from the main menu drop down. Why? I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it really can break workflow.
just create a key command

there are some things I do all the time requiring a double-click when it was a single click before. I never got out of that habit in my 30-day trial of C10. I would do it without looking, click once in a Status Line and type, hit enter which only closes key editor, I was never in the Status Line entry. Talk about death of flow. I hope they don't do whack shit like that to Nuendo as well, moving forward.

What? The duplicate event used to be (ctrl+d) - is that option gone?
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

eivind wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:43 am What? The duplicate event used to be (ctrl+d) - is that option gone?
Nope, it is still there.

bill45 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:19 pm I am testing the Trial version of cubase 10.
I can see it a little better. I am legaly blind.
In 9.5. I some time have to squint, even with a magnifying glass.
Are you using Windows Magnifier?

chk071 wrote:I always wondered what the logical editor is
That was one of the coolest things they ever did imo. You can look way back in early Cubase VST and see it's really humble beginnings. It's (for lack of a better description) "idiot proof scripting".

That is to say, macros can't employ conditional logic (and, or, if, etc), are static, so what they did there was to apply some hard coded logical testing in the background to a macro editor and called it the Logical Editor. It's a very powerful tool, arguably the perfect compromise between the relative complexity of scripting and the static stupidity of macros. When you add the fact that regular macros can also run Logical Editor scripts as steps, it becomes even more flexible.

poster has probably vacated, but for general use
3ptguitarist wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:10 am
jancivil wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 pm Well, to use the Halion SE at all, it's the content in the installer or it's not really installed.
EDIT: And my experience was always everything installed unless you told the installer no

Halion 6 trial is a different license.

Here's a better video of the issues I'm having:
/Prologue with entries greyed-out and some clicking
The greyed-out bits function, showing subdirectories with presets inside that greyed-out directory here:
Prologue working.jpg
which load and work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jancivil wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:22 pm poster has probably vacated, but for general use
3ptguitarist wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:10 am
jancivil wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 pm Well, to use the Halion SE at all, it's the content in the installer or it's not really installed.
EDIT: And my experience was always everything installed unless you told the installer no

Halion 6 trial is a different license.

Here's a better video of the issues I'm having:
/Prologue with entries greyed-out and some clicking
The greyed-out bits function, showing subdirectories with presets inside that greyed-out directory here:
Prologue working.jpg

which load and work
I've been using cubase 10 le and the preset list has been working, but it's still odd because once you click a directory it hides some of the prior directories unless I'm doing something wrong. I may end up getting pro especially with the dale going on now.

Prologue did that, but there is a workaround, start back at "Logical". It might even be a bug. Or a feature :hihi:

jancivil wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 pm Prologue did that, but there is a workaround, start back at "Logical". It might even be a bug. Or a feature :hihi:
Haha. Clicking the back arrow helps. Besides that the menu seems to work fine in 10 le. Pro demo had a weird bug for some reason.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”