SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:57 pm
Hellfog wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:45 pm I just realized my problem has to with my CMI uf80 controller, play on a virtual midi keyboard or my Kurzweil no problem.

Anyone knows what problem is with Uf80 and sampletank?
Wow that triggered something in my old brain, though I can't remember exactly what it is called I know there was a proprietary functionality on some Yamaha keyboards that had caused issues in some virtual instruments/plugins. I wonder if the CMI built-in proprietary tech (I think it is called U-CONTROL or something similar - ah, looked it up it is U-CTRL) is confusing SampleTank 4 in some way? If this may be the case and if there is a way to temporarily disable that, I'd recommend trying that. Not the optimal solution if you use this U-CTRL functionality but for troubleshooting purposes it is worth a shot.

Edit - looks like a nice controller, by the way.

Thanks, will check if there is way to disable it.

Hellfog wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:29 am
quilys wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 am Whats a crap plug in, go for Omnisphere 2.6 will blow your mine and I open 24 instances and my CPU still on 35%....hahaha SAMPLETANK 4 is a toy dude....horrible. Cheers
2.6 is not out yet.

Also as good as Omnisphere is it isn't really designed to have the bread and butter sounds a lot of us need. Kontakt would have been a better comparison perhaps....but ultimately they are all 'toys' in the hands of a child, or extremely versatile professional musical instruments if you have the talent.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

DrumAddict wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:47 pm
MikeCallon wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:36 pm
Burillo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:22 pm for me, there are two main circumstances where crashes happen. i'm on Windows 10, and using REAPER.

scenario 1: switch to folder mode in the library, and go to SampleTank 4 -> Guitars -> Electric -> Black LP, and start going patch by patch. at some point SampleTank will crash on switching to a new patch. rinse and repeat until it happens.

scenario 2: load four instances of SampleTank 4 VST3 in REAPER: instant crash.
It's not Reaper specific - this happens in Standalone for me on Windows 10. Load the 'Black LP Full Keyswitch' preset, play a few notes, load the 'Black LP Powerchords KS' preset, instacrash playing the first note :x

Can anyone else on Windows 10 replicate this exact scenario in Standalone ?
Tested it with the Standalone one minute ago , same here as you describe it . instant crash .
Yes, always crash, I tested this too, one time crashed with still loading screen stayed,
other time Black LP crashed when I tried to close browser screen !!

It's so stupid to say that only few people have problems with ST4, it seems very many have even with 4.03 !!! :x

One postive thing is that Black LP KS takes now only about 2,5 Gb RAM when earlier
was over 4 Gb ! :hihi:

:x What IK does with the SampleTank users who have also paid, is to use them as tests of their own software for you to tell them the problems that the plugin has, and instead of focusing on your music with a useful tool , what you do is work indirectly for IK without any compensation in return, it is a shame, I will never buy SAMPLETANK 4 until I am sure that it will work 100% as they advertise it. The current functionality is garbage. :x

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:44 pm @MikeCallon - I've relayed information to the devs and testing team about looking into reports of preset switching causing crashes. Seems to be the most common case I've seen with post-4.0.3 crash reporting.
Thanks Peter - I hope you're getting a pay rise having to deal with all this nonsense ... please take it out of the dev and test teams salaries as to be quite honest, they have done a very poor job with this release :dog:

Omnisphere - 542 mb RAM.

FL Studio 20 - 63.6 mb RAM

Kontakt 5 - 1,460.8 mb RAM with 3 Albion IV Legato patches loaded.

Photoshop 2019 - 1,853 mb RAM

Sampletank 4 Empty - 1,338 mb RAM and crash.

Something is seriously wrong. This is not optimized at all.

SampleTank 4 isn't "1.3GB". it's 7GB. look at how "committed memory" grows.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Mine is showing 6 gb committed. Either way, this thing is funked.

So... I bought ST4 as an upgrade from ST3. I havent sold any software before, but Im pretty sure this is gonna be my first.

Would I be able to resell this with the license transfer fee of $25 to someone who doesnt have it or do they need to have a version of ST3 for it to be available for them to upgrade on their IK account?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I'm seeing 1.410GB working set (6.331GB committed) for ST4 v4.0.3 standalone (empty).
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hellfog wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:45 pm I just realized my problem has to with my CMI uf80 controller, play on a virtual midi keyboard or my Kurzweil no problem.

Wow that triggered something in my old brain, though I can't remember exactly what it is called I know there was a proprietary functionality on some Yamaha keyboards that had caused issues in some virtual instruments/plugins. I wonder if the CMI built-in proprietary tech (I think it is called U-CONTROL or something similar - ah, looked it up it is U-CTRL) is confusing SampleTank 4 in some way? If this may be the case and if there is a way to temporarily disable that, I'd recommend trying that. Not the optimal solution if you use this U-CTRL functionality but for troubleshooting purposes it is worth a shot.

Seems to be a problem with all controllers now and not only CME.

Hellfog wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Seems to be a problem with all controllers now and not only CME.
Dang, I thought I was on to something. :( Interesting as it had been working before. If you have a ticket open please reply to that to let them know you now have issues with all of your controllers. If you don’t have one open please visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support to open one and they’ll assist you with this issue. Thank you.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:44 pm @MikeCallon - I've relayed information to the devs and testing team about looking into reports of preset switching causing crashes. Seems to be the most common case I've seen with post-4.0.3 crash reporting.

Red Strat Full KS to Black LP Full KS (and other way around) was insta-crash (and unresponsive keys too) like this before latest 4.03 update.

This is the easiest combo of presets to try it on, it almost always happened with those 2 (for me anyhow). There are other combinations that do this as well. They are usually the "heavier size" instruments.

looks like i will have to get with support again... everything seems to be working correctly after the updates in all my other DAWs and works fine standalone BUT in Studio One it still crashes to desktop on instantiation :( cheers

jay

p.s. others on presonus forum say it runs fine for them but they have it installed on their OS root drive. my ST4 or all IK stuff runs on a separate drive. matter of fact everything i have runs off a separate drive (even S1 lol) only thing that goes on the root drive is the OS if i can help it :)
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

but i will say i have not tried these 'specific' presets, samples and instruments to see if it crashes... trying to get the major stuff running first :P
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Return to “Instruments”