Whats your favourite Vocoder plugin, and why -- (Vocodex, Izotope Vocal Synth...) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Title says it all.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

I bought Vocodex some time ago, in a sale for 36 € or so. I already really liked the CM Vocodex version, it's easy to use, and it was cheap. To my shame i didn't even use it much yet :), but, it'll surely come in handy when i need a vocoder.

I would have bought Waldorf Lector, if it was a bit cheaper. It sounds great, like all the Waldorf stuff.

The 2 best I've ever heard are easily Vocal Synth 2 and the vocoder built into Icarus. But since I only demoed them I usually use Reaper's stock vocoder, and Tone2 WarmVerb for Vocoder effect. I was really disapointed in Melda's vocoder I dont know maybe I was using it wrong but I really wanted to buy that one I love vocoder sounds

Have you tried tals free vocoder? I feel like it sounds better than reapers stock.

XILS Vocoder 5000
https://www.xils-lab.com/products/xils- ... p-152.html

Amazing! Very tweakable and just a great sounding and very usable vocoder.

+1 for XILS 5000. I didnt like the izotope vocalsynth vocoder as it sounded constrained. :phones:

I have and it's okay it's just harder to work with imo
functionform wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:42 pm Have you tried tals free vocoder? I feel like it sounds better than reapers stock.

Thanks for input...
Only one mentioned Vocodex. I'm trying to figure out when it will be on sale. Image Line just mentioned they have sales January, December (Winter) but didn't let on when else they do.
Vocodex has been down to $39. Its hard to pay $79 for a plug in that was once $39. I can wait, or check out others.

Another vote for Vocodex, great flexibility and it sounds good no matter what I throw at it (e.g., percussion, synths, foley). It's worth waiting for. VocalSynth is the opposite in terms of flexibility but it can sound good given the right material; it's tuned for vocals obviously. It's really meant to work in conjunction with all the other FX in a chain. Looking forward to Zynaptiq's Orange Vocoder 4 whenever it finally gets released.

MasterTuner wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:16 pm Thanks for input...
Only one mentioned Vocodex. I'm trying to figure out when it will be on sale. Image Line just mentioned they have sales January, December (Winter) but didn't let on when else they do.
Vocodex has been down to $39. Its hard to pay $79 for a plug in that was once $39. I can wait, or check out others.
My vote goes to vocodex too, for the same reasons already mentioned. Bought it around Xmas time for 30$ (irc) at jrr. It’s a steal at this price! :tu:

Waldorf Lector is extremely flexible and good sounding, but TAL Vocoder is very, very good, too.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

MasterTuner wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:16 pm Thanks for input...
Bought Vocodex on Feb. 24th from JRR for half price. Image line usually puts a variety of their products on sale whenever there is an IMSTA conference, so look for those.

https://imsta.org/

jsp1979 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:37 pm Bought Vocodex on Feb. 24th from JRR for half price. Image line usually puts a variety of their products on sale whenever there is an IMSTA conference, so look for those.
https://imsta.org/
thanks - there's an IMSTA at the end of May - I'll check then.

MDA Talkbox
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

I take back what i wrote above, by the way. Vocodex isn't easy to use at all... makes me wonder why i even bought it. :)

Return to “Effects”