You know you have too many plugins when...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
V0RT3X
KVRAF
7624 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:16 am

Your friend sees your plugin folder and thinks you Torrented it, only to find out that you actually bought all of them.


Keep em coming

User avatar
scott_free
KVRist
216 posts since 14 Mar, 2006

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:32 am

You spend more time choosing a compressor than dialing it in.

User avatar
Spencer Maddox
KVRist
460 posts since 19 Oct, 2017 from a state of anxiety

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:34 am

This is a trick question.
There is no such thing as Too many Plugins.
Freinds Don't Let Freinds use Serum Presets

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23823 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:37 am

You cant close the lid of your laptop ... :ud:

machinesworking
KVRAF
1581 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:40 am

:clown: Lol at a name and shame yourself thread!

When you have more than 5 mastering limiters,
More than 10 compressors,
more than 5 reverbs,
more than 20 soft synths,
more than 10 EQs

Your VST folder is 5GB alone.

You own at least 5 plug in bundles that each could be all that one person would ever need.

It takes a minute or two for your DAW to load even with nothing new to scan and running on an ultra fast M.2 SSD.

DAW upgrades involve an hour break as it scans your plug in folder, crashes, then has to be rescanned a few times before settling in.

Hi I'm machinesworking and I am a plug-a-holic! :clown:

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
23170 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from a computer

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:46 am

... you purchase things twice because you forgot you purchased them before.
Broccoli is murder.

Dasheesh
KVRAF
3291 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:08 pm

you spend more on plugs you don't use then do use.

User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
3637 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:03 pm

you realise you spend more on software than your famous DJ friends spend on cocaine.

User avatar
scott_free
KVRist
216 posts since 14 Mar, 2006

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:14 pm

machinesworking wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:40 am
Hi I'm machinesworking and I am a plug-a-holic! :clown:
The first step is admitting we are powerless over plugins and that our vst folders have become unmanageable. :help:

machinesworking
KVRAF
1581 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:51 pm

scott_free wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:14 pm
machinesworking wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:40 am
Hi I'm machinesworking and I am a plug-a-holic! :clown:
The first step is admitting we are powerless over plugins and that our vst folders have become unmanageable. :help:
I think the thing that really sinks it in is I don't want to sell any of them, even if I never use them.

I don't do classical music really, and I have EW Symphonic Orchestra Platinum, Cinestrings, Cinebrass, Stormdrum 2, KH Strings 2, Venus Womens Choir, Voice of Gaia, IK Mirislov Philharmonic 2, plus Taiko drums Komplete Ultimate libraries etc. etc. I just like Strings and choirs! :oops:

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
11427 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:54 pm

...when you start a thread under the guise of comedy, but really you just want to make yourself feel better by surrounding yourself with others who also need to lightly joke about their own very real issues with shopping therapy :P

V0RT3X
KVRAF
7624 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:57 pm

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:54 pm
...when you start a thread under the guise of comedy, but really you just want to make yourself feel better by surrounding yourself with others who also need to lightly joke about their own very real issues with shopping therapy :P
Isn't that why places like KVR were created. :hihi:

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
11427 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:00 pm

V0RT3X wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:57 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:54 pm
...when you start a thread under the guise of comedy, but really you just want to make yourself feel better by surrounding yourself with others who also need to lightly joke about their own very real issues with shopping therapy :P
Isn't that why places like KVR were created. :hihi:
:D

AnX
KVRAF
4118 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:04 pm

... you have two

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26910 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: You know you have too many plugins when...

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:21 am

...the lights dim when your host does a plugin scan....
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”