You know you have too many plugins when...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Your friend sees your plugin folder and thinks you Torrented it, only to find out that you actually bought all of them.

Keep em coming
:borg:

You spend more time choosing a compressor than dialing it in.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

This is a trick question.
There is no such thing as Too many Plugins.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

You cant close the lid of your laptop ... :ud:

:clown: Lol at a name and shame yourself thread!

When you have more than 5 mastering limiters,
More than 10 compressors,
more than 5 reverbs,
more than 20 soft synths,
more than 10 EQs

Your VST folder is 5GB alone.

You own at least 5 plug in bundles that each could be all that one person would ever need.

It takes a minute or two for your DAW to load even with nothing new to scan and running on an ultra fast M.2 SSD.

DAW upgrades involve an hour break as it scans your plug in folder, crashes, then has to be rescanned a few times before settling in.

Hi I'm machinesworking and I am a plug-a-holic! :clown:

... you purchase things twice because you forgot you purchased them before.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

you spend more on plugs you don't use then do use.

you realise you spend more on software than your famous DJ friends spend on cocaine.

machinesworking wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:40 pm Hi I'm machinesworking and I am a plug-a-holic! :clown:
The first step is admitting we are powerless over plugins and that our vst folders have become unmanageable. :help:
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

scott_free wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:14 am
machinesworking wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:40 pm Hi I'm machinesworking and I am a plug-a-holic! :clown:
The first step is admitting we are powerless over plugins and that our vst folders have become unmanageable. :help:
I think the thing that really sinks it in is I don't want to sell any of them, even if I never use them.

I don't do classical music really, and I have EW Symphonic Orchestra Platinum, Cinestrings, Cinebrass, Stormdrum 2, KH Strings 2, Venus Womens Choir, Voice of Gaia, IK Mirislov Philharmonic 2, plus Taiko drums Komplete Ultimate libraries etc. etc. I just like Strings and choirs! :oops:

...when you start a thread under the guise of comedy, but really you just want to make yourself feel better by surrounding yourself with others who also need to lightly joke about their own very real issues with shopping therapy :P

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:54 am ...when you start a thread under the guise of comedy, but really you just want to make yourself feel better by surrounding yourself with others who also need to lightly joke about their own very real issues with shopping therapy :P
Isn't that why places like KVR were created. :hihi:
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:57 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:54 am ...when you start a thread under the guise of comedy, but really you just want to make yourself feel better by surrounding yourself with others who also need to lightly joke about their own very real issues with shopping therapy :P
Isn't that why places like KVR were created. :hihi:
:D

... you have two

...the lights dim when your host does a plugin scan....
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”