Wavetable Synths - Need some options, max price £100

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, Surge is MPE compatible too. Very nice.

Codex just went on sale for $29 at AudioDeluxe, which means it can most likely be had for less than that at checkout

Codex is definitely worth that. It's surprisingly beefy and warm for a digital wavetable synth. It does have a noise floor around -130 db which you can't get rid of, seems to be inherited from Element (which oddly has a lower noisefloor around -145 db).

Synthmaster and Synthmaster One are both in that price range and have WT support.

Sample Fuel - WAVE....only $34.99 for about another month then goes up to $49.99 as a massive update is coming. The update will be FREE.

www.samplefuel.com

ASKAUDIO named it one of the best synths of 2018...

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:11 pm Wow, Surge is MPE compatible too. Very nice.
Wait! Wut!? I bought Surge a long time ago... not sure why I stopped using it. Maybe not 64 bit... anyway, I’m checking it out again tonight with my Rise.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

spidergod wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:51 pm Just wondering if anyone has any advice on wavetable synths upto a max price of £100?
I really like Sektor. It's got a nice GUI, decent workflow and it is very easy to make it sound absolutely filthy. It also has a sample-based oscillator which gives it extra flexibility.

But if you want to stretch your budget just a teeny bit, Hive is a much better option and better value than anything else here (except maybe Surge).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Weird. I downloaded the Surge installer but I can't get it to run. :?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

pdxindy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:48 pm
Spencer Maddox wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:43 pm Icarus is a mess to me, it’s not intuitive at all, it’s a bit laggy, tried it a few times, never bought.
The scripting thing, with all due respect, is complelty worthless to me. Don’t get me wrong you wanna do that stuff have fun but that’s not my league,
Legit never heard of Wavemapper but I’ll check it out of it has morphing that impressive.
Icarus does better resynthesis... if that is something you want to do a lot of, its better than Serum... Icarus works fine for me... no problems or issues. It's not my favorite GUI or workflow. Icarus also has more useful Morph modes (like Warp modes in Serum) and it has 2 filters.

There is no need to do scripting to make use of it. Lots of people user Reaktor ensembles from the user library and never build anything themselves. So, no it would not be worthless to you because you can just use factory scripts or scripts from other users. I have no intention of writing scripts myself either.

Wavemapper2 is quite unique. Not the friendliest workflow compared to what we are used to these days. But is just does stuff other WT synths don't do.

My point in mentioning all these is that there is a wide range of functionality available from different WT synths. In that sense there isn't possible to be a best one. Serum is lacking various things and there is plenty of functionality it doesn't have.
I think the laggy thing is a Live issue. I updated a few of my Tone2 plugins and that happened. I even upgraded my video card, just in case. Nothing. Went to Bitwig and the problem went away.
Zerocrossing Media

You can get Synthmaster for $45 from Plugin Boutique right now just buy the Player version for $5 then upgrade for $40.

As for free besides Surge there is also Atlantis which is underrated.

Also Fathom CM is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5jF_Jo-u8

You can find Serum used for under 100 sometimes.

Return to “Instruments”