Swingbeat; How do I do it?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The city I live in is small and it went bananas when a swingerclub opened right outside the “city walls”. However, that was 5 years ago and the club is apparently doing well. I have often wondered if any among the parents to our school kids accidentally meet each other in the club. I mean, the members must come from somewhere, right? Not for me, I am somewhere between boring monogamous hetero and completely Asexual. Actually I was from early age, and even wrote some lyrics about it when I made my first blues tune at music school. You want to read them?
Since this thread is pretty far out already I do not mind posting them here.

jancivil wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:19 pm We sight-sang from mensural and neumes, even.
Ye. Systems somewhere in between precise notation and pure symbolism. In the latter case, a simple sign was enough for Gregorians chanters to know what they should do. Lots of good details in that entry. Knud Jeppesen also has a section about notation in the beginning of his book but I hardly remember the details tbh. So bookmarked it is.

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:41 pm so mr x, you like to "swing"?
We'll have NON of that "hear", pal.... :P

I never liked people well enough to be very promiscuous

jancivil wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 pm I never liked people well enough to be very "questions the subjective meaning of VERY, herepromiscuous
OH!
You wouldn't have liked me when I was young and a live sound engineer then ... :P
Probably wouldn't like me now .. but I really am not so wild..
age can do that
Retreats to a corner to think about that!

I just think sex easily gets boring compared to what else you can spend your time with. Women can be yummy and attractive. Fine, I like a flirt but would put no efforts into a one-night stand.

IncarnateX wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:58 pm I just think sex easily gets boring compared to what else you can spend your time with. Women can be yummy and attractive. Fine, I like a flirt but would put no efforts into a one-night stand.
I guess that is the difference 'tween "Asexual" and "a sexual" being.
Effort into one-nighters... I think that the point is, there is no effort...
Example... years ago, 1985, I was in Kenya.. boxing_day night...
I come from one hotel night club back to my hotel, walking on the beach with my Chinese bamboo flute, playing freely as I staggered.
At my hotel I came upon 2 sisters from Austria and we engaged in some chat..
the older sis sent young sis to bed and so into the Indian Ocean we two did venture..
the toonertik was blowing his flute, like the pan piper giggles and now immersed in the warm ocean, waves gentle caressing our bodies, the sky clear and bright with moon and stars, we did enjoy our private company.. underwater (with flute holes covered) I still blew the flute with bubbles tickling places responsive to the toon ..
When I got back to my room< I wrote some things.. I posted under the mermaid's door...
In the morning she left for Austria... but not before a thankyou.. NO effort, really.. and a memory and that wonderful thing of having being connected with another.
BORING>>> NEVER!!!! :dog:

:zzz:

IncarnateX wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:21 am:zzz:
And I though it was a peeping tom watching us...
but it was just some old dude crashed out on the beach
:lol:

Last edited by IncarnateX on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, that 'very' enjoys some meaning in that sentence...

Hmm...you were young in the 70s eh, Jan?

yeah, I turned 14 in 1970

I turned 2. Have always felt I missed something growing up in the 70s compared to being young in the 70s. But maybe it is just one of those irrational feelings, you know.

IncarnateX wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:58 pm I just think sex easily gets boring compared

i think you might be doing it wrong :hihi:

Return to “Music Theory”