Tracktion Software Waveform
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:49 am
v1o wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:12 am How did Reaper become the most hated DAW?

jealousy, have to realize that half the people are trying to sell you something, and the other half are buying what they selling.
Unlike Reaper, which is pure charity :)

Reaper all day every day

Fight me Reaper fanbois
Signatures are so early 2000s.

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:54 am
Robmobius wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:25 am Bitwig... Bleach.
You mean "Dom" bleach, right? :hihi: The software is ok. Though I don't want to modulate the modulations of modulatory modul modulations, personally.
Ha ha... Pretty much. :D It started off with such potential!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Renoise, Mixcraft, Acid and Mulab are currently tied for the most loved DAWs (or the least hated depending on how you look at it). In my opinion if you do something innovative you are going to foster a lot of resentment from jealous people. When people are completely indifferent about your product that's even worse than being hated.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Socially speaking hate has become very frowned upon. So I view this as an opportunity to indulge.
LIVE. LOGIC. Because I actually want to route MIDI. In a useful, flexible way. All the channels. Hey Ableton - there is more than one channel. Hey Apple - ever heard of parallel/discrete routing? Inter-channel-strip routing? I'm going to waste my third on a non-participant - MainStage. Same issues as Logic with a huge extra CPU load so it can indulge itself with '?'. Wait.... wait.... ahhhh hategasm. And no oh-face smiley to be found.

I never was able to really get into Ableton. Gave it a few tries, but I always end up not using it.

Not sure if i hate any DAW but there are some DAWs which hates me.

Logic, hands down. And note that in order to truly hate a DAW, you have to use it regularly. Which I do. But I hate Logic's flaky UI. Long-outstanding bugs just never get addressed. Stuff that should just work:
  • Mouse pointers getting stuck, making it impossible to tell if you are extending or looping a MIDI segment, requiring a restart of Logic to fix.
  • Tempo map copy-and-paste destroys the tempo map, but option-drag works fine (??!)
  • Grabbing automation handles is extremely flaky, making it necessary to constantly zoom in and out.
  • Smart-snap that isn't.
  • Region splitting that puts split notes on the wrong damn segment (Both resulting split notes should NOT be on the same segment. But they are.)
  • Undo moves the current position of the piano roll back to the position of the time cursor, even if you were miles away from it.
  • Playback deciding to start wherever the hell it feels like no matter where you put the time cursor.
  • All audio output just simply dying for no apparent reason, requiring a Logic restart to fix.
I've experienced these problems across three different machines, even with fresh builds / installs.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:30 am I put my opinon on ebay, I'm selling it for 10 Euro's.. :-D
Rawight!

Studio Saturn wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:12 amHow come do you manage to live with the vibration of hating something. karma accumulation at its best.
Easy, I'm not some dipshit hippie. I live in the real world and the real world is a pathetic, disgusting, hateful place, by and large. That I have a good life is no excuse not to see things for what they are.
One has to be sad to hate something to me.
One has to be on valium not to hate many things, to me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

KBSoundSmith wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:18 pm Logic Pro, since it gated Alchemy behind a specific DAW on an operating system I dislike using.
That's not Logic's fault though, it's Apple's fault. And Apple was only able to do that because of its customer base. So I guess if you bought a Mac, even if you don't use Logic, you contributed in some small part to that situation.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:49 am
KBSoundSmith wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:18 pm Logic Pro, since it gated Alchemy behind a specific DAW on an operating system I dislike using.
That's not Logic's fault though, it's Apple's fault. And Apple was only able to do that because of its customer base. So I guess if you bought a Mac, even if you don't use Logic, you contributed in some small part to that situation.
Forgive me, please. But though I don't understand completely, how can logic be separate from apple (other than extreme semantics) ???

I don't care if someone does or doesn't like something, but this doesn't seem to fit (well, not in a 2+2=4 math base)

:o Reaper is most hated ?
I love Reaper customization so much, it makes me lazy to produce :lol:
But when I'm inspired enough, everything is so fast with Reaper
You only need to learn it enough

BONES wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:34 am
Studio Saturn wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:12 amHow come do you manage to live with the vibration of hating something. karma accumulation at its best.
Easy, I'm not some dipshit hippie. I live in the real world and the real world is a pathetic, disgusting, hateful place, by and large. That I have a good life is no excuse not to see things for what they are.
One has to be sad to hate something to me.
One has to be on valium not to hate many things, to me.
Kind of a narrow perspective coming from one human on a tiny planet spinning in a vast universe that is nearly 14 billions years old.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:15 am how can logic be separate from apple
Because Apple is an abusive parent and Logic is their child. Does that fit?
reggie1979 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:15 amthis doesn't seem to fit (well, not in a 2+2=4 math base)
but it does seem to fit in a 11 + 11 = 0110 base :wheee:
Last edited by Michael L on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”