RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

parawave wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:00 pm
D.K Envelope wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:45 pm any updates about the reverb or the nice skin where mirko ruta is working on ?
The new reverb models will be part of 1.7.0. They're called Nuclear, Solar, Nova and Space. Form small to large. They are as soft as butter :hihi:
I may be in minority here (as I find myself lately on this forum) but anyway: please consider a "FX" version of the plugin, since you don't have any FX licensed from other company or sold separately (I assume). In real production scenario I (and fellow producers that I know) rarely use builtin reverbs (and delays) because most often than not, they're clashing in a bad way with the song's ambiece and they always require extra processing which requires multi-outputs which unnecessary complicates things. Of course, they can be handy sound design tools or when going geeky with one-key presets/sequences but that's about it.

parawave wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:43 pm
zeph wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 pmParawave - Any idea of the timing for 1.7 :) :) :) :) :) :) Can't wait for the new reverbs :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud:
Nah, not announcing things this time. Just be excited :wink:

Can also confirm a long requested feature: It's now possible to set the modulation depth on the knob/control itself. And if you hover over the knob, the routing entry modulating it is highlighted. Makes routing things much quicker.
Thanks Parawave :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

PLEASE can the update include saving of layers and saving of effect racks.

I have waited a long time for this. :help: :help: :help: :help:

Saving layers would be great.
Also can someon confirm for me, is internal processing limited to 44.1k?

parawave wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:43 pm Can also confirm a long requested feature: It's now possible to set the modulation depth on the knob/control itself. And if you hover over the knob, the routing entry modulating it is highlighted. Makes routing things much quicker.
That's fantastic!

The only other feature I think would complete Rapid for me is if there was Multi-Out. I would love to be able to send individual Layers to different mixer channels in the DAW. Or use a Layer for an FX Send and then send that to the DAW to mix separately. We can already play Layers individually using MIDI Channels, now more than one output is the only thing separating Rapid from being properly MultiTimbral.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

I have been out of the loop for while. Is there still a roadmap of sorts for the features/improvements to be added?

Examigan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:00 pm I have been out of the loop for while. Is there still a roadmap of sorts for the features/improvements to be added?
Updated the Feature Roadmap.

Notable:
  • Since there are a few requests we will take a look at MPE and offer this as optional mode. Probably fine tune it for the ROLI Seaboard. Have a feeling this is one of the most used MPE controllers.
  • MSEG & Mapping Curves. Especially for routing entries this could be very interesting.
  • RAPID FX. Perhaps.
About the loading of individual layers, save/load of FX Stacks. It could be implemented quickly, yes. But don't want to clutter the FX section with another preset box. We'll look into what is good, workflow wise. Ideally it should be combined with other helper/edit functions. Like randomization/parameter morph of specific sections.

parawave wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:51 pm
Examigan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:00 pm I have been out of the loop for while. Is there still a roadmap of sorts for the features/improvements to be added?

Notable:
  • Since there are a few requests we will take a look at MPE and offer this as optional mode. Probably fine tune it for the ROLI Seaboard. Have a feeling this is one of the most used MPE controllers.
  • MSEG & Mapping Curves. Especially for routing entries this could be very interesting.
  • RAPID FX. Perhaps.
About the loading of individual layers, save/load of FX Stacks. It could be implemented quickly, yes. But don't want to clutter the FX section with another preset box. We'll look into what is good, workflow wise. Ideally it should be combined with other helper/edit functions. Like randomization/parameter morph of specific sections.
Great - Thanks so much Parawave :tu: :tu: :tu:

parawave wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Notable:
  • RAPID FX. Perhaps.

This all sounds good. MPE would be awesome, same for MSEG
From a personal standpoint, saving layers would be a hell of a time saver.

Is the Hardstyle expansion still in the works? :D

Any plans for spring sales?

phreaque wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:03 pm Any plans for spring sales?
I was holding out for that...but it didn't look promising so i sprung for it anyway.
I can def recommend it. Even the factory content in this synth is usable - very rare for me.

It also definitely lives up to the name. Fastest workflow out of any synth i have for sure.

GMusic wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:57 pm Is the Hardstyle expansion still in the works? :D

There is Hardstyle Expansion available in Avenger.
6:51 "Expansion by Mirko Ruta" :o
Why Avenger...?

https://youtu.be/0b9tIJDPGqw?t=408
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

parawave wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:51 pm Updated the Feature Roadmap.

Notable:
  • RAPID FX. Perhaps.
Thanks for these!

Any XT Roadmaps you could share with us?
Rapid's XTs have a lot of useful sounds, keep up the good work! Would like to see more/other Sound Designers contribute to XTs!

Modulation of BPM Sync. times. <-- damn...that's nice!

GMusic wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:57 pm Is the Hardstyle expansion still in the works? :D
Postponed indefinitely. We gave other XTs a higher priority. Judging from the feedback, most customers want non-EDM stuff. Therefore it was the Synthwave released in February.
irism wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:43 amRapid's XTs have a lot of useful sounds, keep up the good work! Would like to see more/other Sound Designers contribute to XTs!
Thanks. Consider the Synthwave XT. It's the first one created completely by another sound designer. Marcel Susenburger from Sense Gemini Sound did an awesome work. Don't just glance over it :)
irism wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:43 amAny XT Roadmaps you could share with us?
Have no roadmap for you, but there are XTs in the works. Let's just leave it there, otherwise there only is disappointment if plans suddenly change (they can) :)

Return to “Instruments”