KX77FREE 05 2020 > Major update of 64 bit plug-ins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16 SE PolyMod KX

Vortifex wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:31 pm Perhaps there's not much feedback because installation isn't straightforward. After unzipping the download there's a folder with 88 files and three other folders, with no .dll or .exe
That initially confused me too but as the man says rename the .vst3 file to .dll and all should be good :)

lalo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:06 pm
kx77free wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:47 pm
lalo wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:20 pm Thanks! I noticed that in several last versions of Synth 16X the pin matrix on/off and levels are no more available to VST parameter automation. Can you bring it back? It was essential for me because i use some OSC controller automation. Thanks!
I do not forget it , just I'm always buzzy but it's in my head and in the to do list...
Thanks! Any expected release time table? :tu:
I can do it for the next update but as you know this will add 512 parameters and the majority of DAW class the parameters generally in a crappy way. So the best way is perhaps I will do a zip which will contain only the modified dll (vst3) file with a Readme.txt . I can do that because the parameter indexes are fixed. Just that will create some problems with the end users which do not read the readme and they claim about that do not work...
Any way I will test the compatibility with all my old Cubase sessions and if I see no problems in musical practice it's possible I will do a regression and I keep the automation for the matrix for the main VST.

mcbpete wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:08 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:31 pm Perhaps there's not much feedback because installation isn't straightforward. After unzipping the download there's a folder with 88 files and three other folders, with no .dll or .exe
That initially confused me too but as the man says rename the .vst3 file to .dll and all should be good :)
I know that is confused this is why I wrote many help files or texts (also on the parameters...).

Vortifex wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:38 pm
Mutant wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:27 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:31 pm Perhaps there's not much feedback because installation isn't straightforward. After unzipping the download there's a folder with 88 files and three other folders, with no .dll or .exe. So I check the readme file and it wants me to go to the Microsoft site and install some package that I have no idea what it is. At that point I noped out, it wouldn't surprise me if others did the same. Good luck with your plugins though.
Are you sure you downloaded the right file ? :)
That Microsoft redist is required for many different programs, it is good to have it installed.
I think so, although tbh it's hard to tell because the website is pretty bad.
about my work, (I precise it's not VS Vortifex)
My VST are big semi modular or modular synths and for the beginners they are complex. The analogue world of the electronic music can be minimalist but it's complex to build an original sound, you need to learn, no simply to use presets, so if the end users cannot read simple help texts , how can they learn something about the technical processes of electronic music which exists since 70 years ago ?
I cannot do a simple Moog because I give you a way to do classic Berlin school electronic music and its grammar is simple but it's complex to do it and to feel it.
The problem is the boring computers world and theirs boring OS.
I use SE because it is a real modular software, I can do with it my VST but I must follow its updates
, this one is based on C++ native libraries (dll ->SEM) , to use the DLL without any number limit on Windows, we must use the microsoft c++ runtimes which are not installed by default on Windows. it's the life. The OS are not conceived for the music softwares, the devs must adapt theirs products following the OS and the plug-ins evolution. If we do VST3 it's the fault of Steinberg choices.
To diffuse my x64 VST I must work again that I all ready done on my x86 VST and now the end users are so young and impatient , they do not know the OS and the base of analogue synthesizers.

But they are very lucky because they can have so many softwares and devices for cheap prices and they claim us their stupidity of moral of what we must do.
I know my site is "bad" and so what, I do not track the users, I do not hide something, I verify all my files before to upload them, I explain why I do my updates, I wrote in English and it's not my usual language, I do not force you to send me your email, all is 100% free, etc..
I lot of people like my url for that and forget its design because they understand what I do.
I'm a dinosaur of the web and all what I did will disappear when I will be dead, I must preserve my time to the essential: do electronic music!

To resume:
Install the Microsoft c++ redist files:
https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/downloa ... x?id=53587
Download the x64 zip, unzip them, rename the plug-in extension .vst3 to .dll , copy and paste the folders to your usual VST2 folder.

Xavier

Sorry, double post
Last edited by Sinisterbr on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kx77free wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:47 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:26 pm ... I'm having a little trouble getting used to the way the knobs work, and I think the preset selection section of the plugins could be really improved...
Do you talk about the 64 bit VST ?
Yes, exactly!

Http://kx77free.free.fr

24/03/2019 - New x64 FX plug-in: Kx WaveTracer 3.00 and update of main x64 plugins
- New FX plug-in, a complet GUI for additive synthesis waveform builder console program with an oscillator and frequency analyzers for monitoring.
Kx Synth x16 6.11 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.11 / Kx PolyMod 2.11 / Kx Modulad 4.11 / SE PolyMod KX 1.09
- Done with a stable version of SE (1.4283) and its SDK3 (C++).
- New zip with all main files (to test the last SE engine 1.4379, for beta tests only! -> Readme.txt ), included also some sources of my custom SEM (SampleOscillator3 and tools).
Kx Synth x16:
- 184 XML presets (V5 Bonus bank and more, total of 312 with factory presets).
- Improvement of stability during the initialization of Cubase sessions.
- Matrix automation enabled.
- Possibility to control the LFO with Midi CC without the Midi Learn.
SE Polymod KX:
- AU version (beta): new zip (SE 1.4283 tested on Mojave).
Fixed bugs(AU):
- Load and Save AU preset menu enabled (works only with AU presets, not with XML presets!).
- Hosting AU works with several instances.
- Popup Menus now show checkbox on selected item.

One track added: "KS Dream 2019 - Poem of the witch", Cubase session in 96k, 15 instances of x64 VST3, mix with a lot of automations on sequenced Kx Synth x16, 35 min, encoded in WMA 24 bit/48k.

http://kx77free.free.fr/data/wma/2019/K ... ch-48k.wma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba8zrqDEM68

Thank you. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Hi,

Cool, I'm very happy about the great tracks I listened yesterday.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=519408

About the circular mouse response of sliders, in this topic :
Genon wrote: Just poking around a tad... In this synth's folder, there are some txt files.

Find the ones called...

kx debug__hslider_med.txt
kx debug__knob_med.txt and
kx debug__knob_sm.txt

...and in these, change the line mouse_response rotary to mouse_response vertical and stop gradually balding from the atrocious knob movement :D
Jeff McClintock wrote:Try clicking the knob center and being a little carefull about moving the mouse strictly vertically. Any kind of circular motion will switch it to "circular mode".
I use a lot my synths in Cubase and the rotary doesn't disturb me but you can customize the skin if you want.

Xavier

Thanks for your synths Xavier! I hope we see more kx77 synths in more OSCS! At the very least I will enjoy playing with them.

many thanks Xavier!

I noticed a little bug in X16.
When any control is moved after the control is releasd by mouse there are a couple of huge audio glitches.
I don't have this issue in previous versions.

lalo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:09 am I noticed a little bug in X16.
When any control is moved after the control is releasd by mouse there are a couple of huge audio glitches.
I don't have this issue in previous versions.
Hi lalo,

What is your DAW, OS and asio drivers ?

There are really minor differences between SE 1.4273 and SE 1.4283 engines and I used the same SDK version to compile my SEM.
The only DAW I know which creates this type of hassles is Reaper following its options, like this bug:
If you listen audio "pops" when you edit something on Reaper with Asio4All.
To fix it > FX windows > Compatibility settings > "Save minimal undo steps".
The Kx Synth x16 uses around 1300 parameters, so each time you edit something on Reaper the preset is saved if this option is disabled! I did not tested on Reaper the difference about this option because I always test this DAW with this option enabled.

Ps:
There is another version 6.2 built with SE 1.4379 and its SDK in the BETA TEST ZIP, you can check this one if your bug exists always if you do not use Reaper. But the VST3 and XML presets saved will be not compatible with the actual release 6.11.

Xavier

kx77free wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:50 pm Hi lalo,

What is your DAW, OS and asio drivers ?

There are really minor differences between SE 1.4273 and SE 1.4283 engines and I used the same SDK version to compile my SEM.
The only DAW I know which creates this type of hassles is Reaper following its options, like this bug:
If you listen audio "pops" when you edit something on Reaper with Asio4All.
To fix it > FX windows > Compatibility settings > "Save minimal undo steps".
The Kx Synth x16 uses around 1300 parameters, so each time you edit something on Reaper the preset is saved if this option is disabled! I did not tested on Reaper the difference about this option because I always test this DAW with this option enabled.

Ps:
There is another version 6.2 built with SE 1.4379 and its SDK in the BETA TEST ZIP, you can check this one if your bug exists always if you do not use Reaper. But the VST3 and XML presets saved will be not compatible with the actual release 6.11.

Xavier
Hi Xavier, yes i have the "bug" on Reaper and not in Ableton Live. The fix you suggest just works! Thanks!

Hi Xavier, yes i have the "bug" on Reaper and not in Ableton Live. The fix you suggest just works! Thanks!
Hi,

Reaper is very good DAW but its number of options and how to set them is sometime not clear but I like this DAW because I can easilly bebug my VST with it, specially with its exellent x86 bridge.

I will try to do a demo about the WaveTracer on my youtube channel.

Return to “Instruments”