DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

As mentioned on Youtube, great work!.

I made a mapping for Maschine Mk3 using your generic flexi script.
Moving from version 5.9 (created flexi script in 5.9) to 6.0 it now crashes with error:
"Flexi Crashed. Index:0 , Size:0."
The crash only happens when selecting a Send FX track or selecting the Master track. When selecting standard instrument or audio tracks it keeps working.
I tried to re-load the script with removing the controller from the Bitwig settings and adding it again, but no luck.

I use 2.5.1 RC3 (But I believe that it was working fine with 5.9)

I attached the script and the NI controller editor file in a zip.
I am not a programmer whatsoever so just used your flexi script and NI controller editor. So I do not know where to find the "stack trace" ;)

EDIT: I added the picture of the stack trace (found it!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Moss,
I have a question here about your Flexi script. I hooked up my Elektron Digitone with your script and want to control 4 tracks with instruments in Bitwig with the in Digitone provided four midi tracks. That works great except with parameter locks which send Midi CC. With these Midi CC messages I can control for example the CutOff value per step.
Unfortunately the parameter locks only work for the in Bitwig focused track.
I mapped the Midi CC values to the Device-Parameters 1-8 in your script. How is it possible to send the Midi CC values to all four tracks at the same time regardless which track is focused?

XelaBit wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:40 am Hi Moss,
I have a question here about your Flexi script. I hooked up my Elektron Digitone with your script and want to control 4 tracks with instruments in Bitwig with the in Digitone provided four midi tracks. That works great except with parameter locks which send Midi CC. With these Midi CC messages I can control for example the CutOff value per step.
Unfortunately the parameter locks only work for the in Bitwig focused track.
I mapped the Midi CC values to the Device-Parameters 1-8 in your script. How is it possible to send the Midi CC values to all four tracks at the same time regardless which track is focused?
That is not possible with GenericFlexi. You would need to make manual mappings to the devices of the four tracks instead. You could also store that as a template if you need it more than once.

Ok, thank you very much for helping here!

djpremacy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:32 am I made a mapping for Maschine Mk3 using your generic flexi script.
Moving from version 5.9 (created flexi script in 5.9) to 6.0 it now crashes with error:
Will be fixed in next version (6.1).

moss wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:46 am
onlysoaa wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:37 pm Potentially dumb question: does DrivenByMoss with KK Mk1 still let us control Komplete Kontrol plugin instances? The video on the topic shows impressive integration with native Bitwig devices and navigation but doesn't show the keyboard controlling the KK software.
Not dumb at all: I use low level USB, which gives me the possibility to write to the display and get the information of all button presses and knob movements. This allows e.g. to show track names and all the device info. But this breaks the Kontrol features (which I do not really miss :-)).
If you want to have that instead, you are back to only very basic MIDI control with the eight knobs.
Ah, so that's my problem then. I don't use navigation features, all I want a script to do is work with Komplete Kontrol and have Auto mapping to Bitwig 'Remote Control' Macros that I set up. I had KK working great for this in Ableton, with the blue hand, by modifying whatever Ableton provided, that was easy, following YouTube instructions - but I can't write script!

Such a shame, KK is all over my projects as an owner of Komplete Ultimate.

Does the KK MK2 script have similar issues? I'd upgrade if it worked for both. I just want the chord / arp modes and the KK mappings back really.

arrakeen wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:44 pm Does the KK MK2 script have similar issues? I'd upgrade if it worked for both. I just want the chord / arp modes and the KK mappings back really.
The Mk2 (and A-series, M32) work differently: they communicate with the NI Host Integration service running in the background. Therefore, the behaviour is identical to the Ableton implementation (but no Linux support). See my tutorial videos on Youtube.

Hi moss,

Some questions regarding DrivenByMoss & Native Instruments M32
- Is it possible to control the remote pages parameters of a device?
- Is there a way to navigate the Page Choice (so to change wich remote page is active) from the M32?
- Is it possible to control the Bitwig browser and select patches for a device?
- Is it possible to control which device on a track is selected from the M32?

If these things are currently not possible, would it be feasable in a future update of DrivenByMoss, or are they shear impossible due to the way NIHardwareService currently works?

Regards, Joris

joris.roling wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:48 am Hi moss,

- Is there a way to navigate the Page Choice (so to change wich remote page is active) from the M32?

If these things are currently not possible, would it be feasable in a future update of DrivenByMoss, or are they shear impossible due to the way NIHardwareService currently works?

Regards, Joris
Sadly, no to all. You need to ask NI that they extend their protocol.

Version 6.1 is online!
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4.
  • Generic Flexi
    • Fixed: Exception when Send volume was mapped/changed and a FX or the Master track was selected.
  • Komplete Kontrol
    • New: Added information about mute state due to soloed track(s)
    • New: Added more selected track information to confirm to updated protocol
    • New: Added scene navigation and play
    • New: Slowed down knob change rate on MkII
  • OSC
    • New: You can now configure the value range. So far, this was 128. Now you can increase the range to 1024 or 16384. Note that you also need to configure the widgets in your OSC client accordingly.
Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Enjoy!

moss wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:53 am
arrakeen wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:44 pm Does the KK MK2 script have similar issues? I'd upgrade if it worked for both. I just want the chord / arp modes and the KK mappings back really.
The Mk2 (and A-series, M32) work differently: they communicate with the NI Host Integration service running in the background. Therefore, the behaviour is identical to the Ableton implementation (but no Linux support). See my tutorial videos on Youtube.
Thanks Moss, I'll check it out, might be time to upgrade :tu:

moss wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Regards, Joris
The controls, encoders & buttons do not give a MIDI response? 😢

joris.roling wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:34 pm

Regards, Joris
Ah, I forgot to mention: you can additionally use Generic Flexi with the MIDI mode of the MkII to map the device buttons.

moss wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:22 am
joris.roling wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:34 pm

Regards, Joris
Ah, I forgot to mention: you can additionally use Generic Flexi with the MIDI mode of the MkII to map the device buttons.
And would that include the M32?

joris.roling wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:38 am And would that include the M32?
I think so, but I am not fully sure since I do not have a M32 here.

Return to “Controller Scripting”