Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Sorry to hijack this thread with my enthusiasm, but I'm getting some pretty solid sounds out of avenger as a synth drum machine.

nice beefy kicks among others
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:08 pm Sorry to hijack this thread with my enthusiasm, but I'm getting some pretty solid sounds out of avenger as a synth drum machine.

nice beefy kicks among others
Your love of Avenger is completely warranted. It is badass. :love:

I was thinking of wiping Windows 10 clean and reinstalling Avenger. Will my "system ID" remain the same after I do so? If not, will I have issues downloading the new keyfile?

System Id will only change if you change your pc Hardware.

Sweet. That's kind of what I thought but I wanted to double-check.

what did guitar loop module do ?

I read that avenger now have latch mode for arps. without that it is hard to live play arp and sequences. so i download and install the new demo yesterday. but the new demo have no latch feature. or did i miss something. about page show demo is 1.4.2

only above 1.4.5 seem latch possible
SYS-TAB: - added Arp/DrumSQ-trigger option LATCH to SYS-page

so can please update the demo ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Anyone else getting CPU spikes since the last update ?
They are most times not visible on a CPU monitor, but the manifest themself as a tiny audio click.
It took some time to find out that Avenger was the source of those clicks.
I get them on my Mac and PC.

To make them more obvious for testing purpose, the easiest way is to lower the buffer rate to the minumum possible value. (my mac 32-, PC 64 Samples, )
At this state I hear clicks at most keypress, even with an init patch playing one osc.
Before the last update I could even play heavy patches without those clicks and that at 32 Samples !
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

wouldnt it be better to write that to Rene?
I cant help you with that. Especially not on OSX

regards

ansolas wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:14 am Anyone else getting CPU spikes since the last update ?
They are most times not visible on a CPU monitor, but the manifest themself as a tiny audio click
You can't rely on the CPU monitor in any plugin. It's always manipulated to favor the plugin company, especially in sudden changes. It also noticed it doesn't take all the cores into account.

EDIT: Will change nothing

Hey now an official Avenger user!!! :) So I noticed in some patches the arp speed is controlled by a macro, I was wondering how can you do that? I want my arps to be controlled like that. Thanks!

Thavma wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:02 pm Hey now an official Avenger user!!! :) So I noticed in some patches the arp speed is controlled by a macro, I was wondering how can you do that? I want my arps to be controlled like that. Thanks!
As simple as drag a Macro knob over a ARP speed. Then in the Matrix go and adjust range. U can even edit the modulator curve to only switch from 1/8 to 3/8(or whatever you like)

ЯorriM wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:03 pm
Thavma wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:02 pm Hey now an official Avenger user!!! :) So I noticed in some patches the arp speed is controlled by a macro, I was wondering how can you do that? I want my arps to be controlled like that. Thanks!
As simple as drag a Macro knob over a ARP speed. Then in the Matrix go and adjust range. U can even edit the modulator curve to only switch from 1/8 to 3/8(or whatever you like)
Hey thanks man! but how do you do arp speed without quantize? thanks

Question on the real FM Manuel does it also affects the osc from the chorder or just the
v-saw

Assign from the modmatrix itself, not with drag & drop: there will be a separate entry under the arp destination, called “free running arp” or something, but you’ll easily identify it when you’ll see it.

Note that in Avenger there are several modulation sources and destinations accessible only from the modmatrix assignment menu, worth scrolling trough them just to familiarize with the names at least.

Return to “Instruments”