RESPIRO, a new soft-synth for Wind, Breath and MPE controllers.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Respiro

tl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:46 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:08 pm Also the docs say that you can only activate on a single machine, that's not nice...
FAQ wrote:Q: May I install multiple times Respiro on my different computers?
A: Yes, as long as you are the licensed user using Respiro. Nobody, except yourself may use Respiro.
regards,
tl.
Interesting.

From the docs:
"The license is currently for one computer."

Well... we'll find out I guess.

Had some more time with Respiro today, still did't really connect with it.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Interested to get your opinions. Nothing so far has really tempted me at that price, but I'll keep listening to people's thoughts.
Sweet child in time...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:41 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:00 pm Hope it allows morphing between timbres

so I can do this sort of thing

https://soundcloud.com/kymeia/flutescrapes-export-1
What was used for that?
Modelonia - using NI Kore to save/morph variations.

I got Respiro today - as much to support the developer and for the promise of the app as much as anything. Plus I wanted to get in on the intro pricing. ;-)

I am a VST newb with my Windows DAW of choice being Propellerhead Reason for a number of years. Reason does not support VST3.

I downloaded the free version of Camelot and in a few minutes I had Respiro loaded in, registered, responding to MIDI, and sound coming out of the speakers through ASIO4ALL.

Great!

Um, now what? I can't figure out a way to get the audio into Reason for recording. I don't think Camelot has Rewire support and I can't find another free/cheap VST3 host that does. Reaper might, but my last Reaper license was probably version 2, ages ago.

I bought it, and the download showed up in my account. But my sales email still says pending, and I can’t activate the plugin with my email address and website password.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I want to like this, it's my sort of plugin, but the lack of editability is disappointing.

Probably will still get it though for the playability but I want to be able to create my own instruments with it

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:08 am I want to like this, it's my sort of plugin, but the lack of editability is disappointing.

Probably will still get it though for the playability but I want to be able to create my own instruments with it
As far as I can see the developers have an open ear to those kind of suggestions...
flappisi at Imoxplus forum wrote:[...] it's not possible to give only linear controls for a PM synth, especially for one that models woodwinds. So far Respiro and the Silverwood patches are the only PM synths I know that do this kind of modelling, which is strongly non-lin, E.G. More feedback interactions than in string and percussion models.

[...] we are trying to keep this "big vs small" issue confined in sound design of factory patches. Mainly because we aimed at musicians/soloists that are not necessarily tech inclined, at least not to the point to design their own PM models with 100 parameters to tweak, each param interacting with the others. But as Rudy said, that will not exclude that we could expand or produce an alternative Respiro for that target.
https://www.imoxplus.com/site/index.php ... ns-already

I would like to see an expanded interface with a full set of synthesis parameters available for editing. You could keep this panel hidden by default, so as not to intimidate the casual user or those more focused on performance.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

This sort of modeling is most interesting if you just change the physical properties of a modeled Instrument. Make the clarinet 3 meters long, change the shape of the tube, put up a different mouth piece, let an elephant blow into it.
These kind of parameters are not difficult to understand for any musician. That is the level of parameters I would like to tweak in addition to the existing ones...
It should be fun to play it with tecontrols bite & breath controller (this is high on my wish list)...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:14 am This sort of modeling is most interesting if you just change the physical properties of a modeled Instrument. Make the clarinet 3 meters long, change the shape of the tube, put up a different mouth piece, let an elephant blow into it.
After dealing with Respiro a bit more in depth I have to say I really like its nature with most of its different detailed models but I'd also love to make more drastic changes in the character of the various models... complete transitions from instrument to instrument doable with the macro controls... going from weird and noisy to certain chimeric sweet spots and even near collapse...
I'd love to go even further than the existing timbre changes towards a higher state of experimentation with the macro controls.

Regards,
tl.

I'd also say, since it apparently can't do realistic instruments convincingly, make it as open as possible for making crazy sound design stuff.

Hey....correct, real world instrument emulation is not the sonic scope of Respiro...

We went with an early version on the market to get a better feel of what the wind-controller user community is looking for in terms of sounds and features.

From a sound point of view it becomes clear that this ranges between, realistic real feel and unrealistic outer world... with far more weight towards the realistic feel and response.

For sure we will also see how to create more room for unrealistic, bizarre, outer world sounds. Ultimately, we would allow morphing between real and unreal using the same instrument.

At this moment we want to keep Respiro straight forward...but later we will consider possibilities to get under the hood.

Discussions like this on KVR are helpful to understand what is wanted...keep doing..

rgds...
Rudy
imoxplus

Some recent audio examples we received, categorised in the "realistic" feel.
https://soundcloud.com/rudy-verpaele-23 ... 00-respiro
https://soundcloud.com/rudy-verpaele-23 ... ne-ewi4000
https://soundcloud.com/rudy-verpaele-23 ... -the-fugue

Please be informed that we made a STANDALONE (WIN/MAC) version available of Respiro

I got just a midi keyboard with midi controllers, but listening to the demo's on their website, this is an interesting VST. Any competitors?

Return to “Instruments”