SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNqmQg-0O18
The sounds are good :) .
Currently watching it.

Very nice demo! He can really play! :tu:

The spoken audio is Japanese, however if you just listen the music, it's great!

The YouTube subtitles with auto-translate to English enabled are rather comical! Google needs to work on that algo a bit more. :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

edit ... never mind responded to old post .
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I would love to see those effects as standalone AU/VSTs.
Kurzweil PC4; Korg Kronos 61 (2); Casio PX-350M

billw wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:39 pm I would love to see those effects as standalone AU/VSTs.
Have you looked at the IK T-RackS yet?
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/

https://youtu.be/7xjVOjfqYVA

Yes, but T-Racks is focused on mixing and mastering. The plugins inside of sampletank and syntronik are very different.
Kurzweil PC4; Korg Kronos 61 (2); Casio PX-350M

billw wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:07 pm Yes, but T-Racks is focused on mixing and mastering. The plugins inside of sampletank and syntronik are very different.
No, they are essentially the same. The ST and Syntronik FX are a mixture of modules from TRacks and Amplitube. The controls in the ST versions are fewer due to limited UI display real estate, and in some cases only a subset of the functionality is present (e.g., the Leslie plug-in has six models, the ST one has only one). But as far as audio manipulation goes, it's pretty much the same code.

The effects categories in SampleTank and Syntronik fall into 6 categories:

• Amps
• Distortion
• Dynamic/EQ
• Modulation
• Reverb/Delay
• Filter

The T-RackS effects do seem a bit focused on the Dynamics/EQ and Reverb categories.

I agree that together with the Amplitube modules, SampleTank FX is probably the same code. It probably wouldn't hurt to have a separate IK plugin version covering all of the categories as an easy insert effects plugin chain for general purposes.

Saturator X is really cool.Glad they put it in st4

SampleTank 4.0.4 is now available in your IK User Area

Changes from version 4.0.3:
  • Optimized RAM / Virtual Memory Usage.
  • Fixed several crash issues on Studio One.
  • Fixed a crash when playing notes after loading several large sized Instruments.
  • Fixed a UI issue in FL Studio Mac when removing SampleTank 4 from a project.
  • Fixed a crash when loading instruments with corrupt sample (.pak) files.
  • Fixed Multis (combis from SampleTank 2 imported via SampleTank 3) not loading Instruments.
  • Fixed SampleTank 3 Instruments with Stretch Engine which caused glitchy audio on upper note ranges.
  • Fixed SampleTank 3 Edit Panel not applying PSTS/Stretch engine on all selected zones.
  • Fixed London Grooves Instruments crash.
  • Fixed corrupted Instruments switching between Resample and Resynth engine.
  • Fixed a sporadic crash when playing Arpeggios.
  • Fixed an issue with onscreen Pitch Bend not matching set values on Edit Panel.
  • Fixed concurrent Preanalysis tasks resulting in parts muting.
  • Fixed significant volume difference in SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 Instruments Accordion LH Mellow and Accordion Musette.
  • Fixed a feedback loop caused by Compressor.
  • Fixed trigger behaviour playing with Strummer .
  • Added scrollbar to Mod Matrix.
  • Added scrollbar to Mixer page.
  • Added Instrument size in the Browser INFO panel.
  • Updated Authorization Manager version 1.0.24.

No library update this time? Can't remember the last versione I installed.

Beriax wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:56 pm No library update this time? Can't remember the last versione I installed.
There are no library updates. 1.3 updates were released with 4.0.3

so, the memory commit on an empty instance has dropped from whopping 7GB down to ~700MB. was that too hard, IK? how did you manage to get your product through alpha, beta and pre-release testing without a single person complaining about this? should i be on your beta team? because it certainly seems like i've hit pretty much all bugs that were there on release, and i wasn't even trying. i don't think i am that brilliant, so it must be that your beta team is that incompetent? i mean, thanks for fixing all of this shit, but really, how did this get past beta testing is beyond me. will dig in to see if any issues remain, but looking good so far.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

The patch Chromatic/Steel Drums Studio bug is still there in 4.0.4. I can reproduce a consistent crash by just repeatedly playing the G#3 note from my MIDI keyboard.

Spin Boyz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:46 pm The patch Chromatic/Steel Drums Studio bug is still there in 4.0.4. I can reproduce a consistent crash by just repeatedly playing the G#3 note from my MIDI keyboard.
Did you report this to IK Support? Did they verify and report back that it would be fixed in 4.0.4?

Return to “Instruments”