It's Q2! Any news on Hive 2?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like the title says.

Q2 ends in June and contains Superbooth.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

That said, I'm just back from vacation and I have 39 open bug reports... I guess I have to work nightshifts to make it happen this quarter :cry: :cry: :cry:

pierb wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:46 am Like the title says.
When anyone says "in Q2," what they really mean is "sometime before the quarter ends." Which actually means, "don't even ask me about a release until June - and that's only if things go to plan." Which frequently means, "it'll be done sometime in early to mid Q3."

However, what Q2 definitely never means is, "start asking me about it in early-April." :wink:

Sorry Urs, I meant no pressure.

I thought I had read somewhere that it was finished but you were just waiting for sound designers to deliver their presets?
However, what Q2 definitely never means is, "start asking me about it in early-April." :wink:
I know... I'm just so excited about Hive 2. I've been using it almost exclusively for the past couple of months and I want... more Hive!

Hehe, no worries!

Yes, it's generally finished, but it happened what always happens: I got all excited about some previously unplanned features (Serum-style on-target editing of modulations, super flexible oscilloscope... good stuff). So I added those features first and hoped there wouldn't be too many bugs to fix :oops:

That said, we pretty much always realisticly had Superbooth planned as deadline. So the release would be in the weeks following it - late May, early June. A release during or before it would be bad, as everyone attends the event and no-one could deal with support and social media. In a worst case scenario we would release a public beta at some point in Q2 and drag the release out alittle longer - but that might not be necessary.

Anyhow, we're now fading the first Q2 teaser out as its UI has-bit changed quite a bit since. We brought back the old layout (osc on top, filters below), cleaned it up a bit and made the UI look gorgeous. So we're replacing it with a "coming soon" thing.

Cheers,

- U

Urs wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:34 am Hehe, no worries!

Yes, it's generally finished, but it happened what always happens: I got all excited about some previously unplanned features (Serum-style on-target editing of modulations, super flexible oscilloscope... good stuff). So I added those features first and hoped there wouldn't be too many bugs to fix :oops:

Anyhow, we're now fading the first Q2 teaser out as its UI has-bit changed quite a bit since. We brought back the old layout (osc on top, filters below), cleaned it up a bit and made the UI look gorgeous. So we're replacing it with a "coming soon" thing.

Cheers,

- U
This sounds really very good !
The element order in Hive 1.2 is nearly perfect and the GUI is not overblown with too many details, therefore it's very relaxing to work with it.

One Example I of what don't like in the first picture of Hive 2 are the litle pictures of the basic waveforms in OSC 1/2. These are confusing and not necessary in my view because Hive 2 is a wavetable synth, so a user don't use much these basic waveforms but wavetables.
An other example is the ugly/awful green coloured letters in OSC/Filter and LFO. These gives me the impression of sitting in a military jet cockpit but not in front of a synth.
Exists there a possibility to change this colour to maybe a light blue or light orange.
Regarding the new mod-features I suppose you are going the right way, but it has of course to be tested.

Keep on your good developement !
I only want to help to make Hive 2 the best wavetables synth in practise use and best sound quality.

Beside this, would it be possible to offer a Hive-Biks vst for maybe 50.-€/$. Simply an extract of the Hive effects as a vst with stereo in- and output.

Why ?
The Hive effects are
-easy to use
-sounds good
-have low CPU usage

MorpherX wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:29 pmOne Example I of what don't like in the first picture of Hive 2 are the litle pictures of the basic waveforms in OSC 1/2. These are confusing and not necessary in my view because Hive 2 is a wavetable synth, so a user don't use much these basic waveforms but wavetables.
An other example is the ugly/awful green coloured letters in OSC/Filter and LFO. These gives me the impression of sitting in a military jet cockpit but not in front of a synth.
Those are all gone ;-)

MorpherX wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:29 pm Beside this, would it be possible to offer a Hive-Biks vst for maybe 50.-€/$. Simply an extract of the Hive effects as a vst with stereo in- and output.

Why ?
The Hive effects are
-easy to use
-sounds good
-have low CPU usage
As you know, we've started transforming our best and most unique synth fx into plug-ins. Even a simple delay takes lot of time, even if it's not necessarily a lot of research.

Thanks for the update Urs. I'll patiently wait for the release. :)

Urs wrote:We brought back the old layout (osc on top, filters below), cleaned it up a bit and made the UI look gorgeous.
Does the mod envelope appear to the left of the amp envelope? Amp envelopes on the right just seem more consistent and was one of the improvements of the coming soon GUI we saw a sneak peak of.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:50 pm
Urs wrote:We brought back the old layout (osc on top, filters below), cleaned it up a bit and made the UI look gorgeous.
Does the mod envelope appear to the left of the amp envelope? Amp envelopes on the right just seem more consistent and was one of the improvements of the coming soon GUI we saw a sneak peak of.
I think Mod envs are in the center. Amp envelopes are on the outside and shaded slightly differently.

We're working on subtle hints to make a lot of things more obvious & intuitive.

Gotta test this, we can always change & improve.

Silly question, but will there be introductory pricing for v2? Or should I purchase now and not have to worry..

addijhaq wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:30 pm Silly question, but will there be introductory pricing for v2? Or should I purchase now and not have to worry..
If you purchase now, there is no cost for you for v2

Return to “u-he”