Podolski Dust Themes [Final] - Fresh arranged GUIs with a dash of dust

Official support for: u-he.com
Cruba
KVRist
288 posts since 13 Dec, 2015

Post Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:25 am

The pack comes with three themes in orange, blue and black. Final version is optimized for 120% scaling.

https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html
https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins/cajhmere-dust.zip

Last edited by Cruba on Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:40 am, edited 10 times in total.

Winstontaneous
KVRAF
1560 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Re: Podolski orangestone skin, complete gui reworked for personal preference

Post Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Ha, almost makes me reach for my screen to wipe the dust off...
OLOKUN - Survival Kit - now on iTunes, CDBaby, and Spotify

Videos: The Beat | Crossing to Safety

Rivanni
KVRist
81 posts since 4 Feb, 2017

Post Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Nice. Can you share it?

Cruba
KVRist

Post Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Uhhh sure I would, but I need advice which data to share, cos it's made with the hidden editor inside Podolski.
Winstontaneous wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:54 pm
Ha, almost makes me reach for my screen to wipe the dust off...
Havin' a layout I'm happy with, sure I'll do 1-2 other editions. ;)

Cruba
KVRist

Post Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:47 pm

Ah, right now I seen ther's a missing button in the Apreggiator Section. Gimme a bit to fix it and check out what data I've to pass the com, Rivianni.

Cruba
KVRist

Re: Podolski Orange Dust Skin [Final] - complete gui rework for different workflow

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:34 am

Rivanni, here you are! Download in my initial post.

I have changed the LFO layout, think it makes more sense now, cos the two phase knobs are lined up in the right place. U-HE logo added.

Winston: Sorry, I had to change the skin name after reading you post! ;)

Rivanni
KVRist

Re: Podolski Orange Dust Skin [Final] - complete gui rework for different workflow

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:29 am

Thanks. Downloaded it.
I just installed it but I did not replace the original cozy skin. I Added this line to Podolski.txt in the scripts folder:

Code: Select all

ALTERNATIVE name='orange dust' filename='Podolski_orangedust.txt'
and renamed your file accordingly.

I have one issue with the panels. They are about half the size (1024x500) of the blue and cozy ones. So when I use a scale higher then 100% is all becomes blurry. Do you have 2080x1000 panels?

Cruba
KVRist

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Size: Nope, cos I'm working with good old Adobe Imagestyler and they made big fail: Max canvas size 1024 x 768... Dam 1998! lol

Only way is to 4 split the graphics and put it together again in XnView... I did it in the past, but it's a timekilling hobby, and I'll just do havin' a really good day. If time - I'll do it. Promised! ;)

Replace: Well, I also added the line in the Podolski.txt, but with no effect. So you see the skin in the settings in Podolski?

Rivanni
KVRist

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Size is not a big deal since only the tab row is somewhat blurry. I can live with that.

Yes, I do see your skin in the settings. You have to remove the plugin first and add it again to see this change. Make sure your script file has the exact same name as in the ladded line.

Cruba
KVRist

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:08 pm

Well, I'll stick to the rename thing, cos some people don't want or can't do code modifications. ;)

Thank's for the tip... I'll test it again.

I'll do a pure black version later, for people that don't like orange.

starflakeprj
KVRian
980 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:23 pm

@Cruba, you haven't consider GIMP for your work? I mean if ImageStyler has a limitation in resolution.
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | 3 x Nvidia GTX 780 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Arturia AudioFuse | M-Audio Code61
Studio One 4.1 | Reason 10.2 | Bitwig Studio 2.4 | Reaper 5.95 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20 | 460+ VSTs | 170+ Rack Extensions

Cruba
KVRist

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:41 am

Hey star!

Sure I've tested Gimp many years ago, but Imagestyler is vectorbased and a pure beast, when it comes to workflow. But you gave me a push to do a search and I found Inkscape right now. I hope I'll be able to arrange with Inkscape - hard after 15 years Imagestyler. I could do a complete Homepage sleeping in 10 Minutes with Imagestyler... lol

Cruba
KVRist

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:16 am

Rivanni, I gave Inkscape a chance, but compared to Imagestyler - no way.

But: I rememberd another old Adobe Software, Livemotion. It was "theoretically" for flash, but it's like a bigger brother and has bigger canvas (1280 instead of 1024).

Another point is the layout in Podolski. They have big margins around - unused space. I'll do a new version based on Podolski 110%, but resized to full canvas of Podolski editor. That will be 1256 x 616 px.

I'll give a shout when done.

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
6274 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:36 pm

If we're talking graphics applications, I really like Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer (vector based). Very reasonably priced, easy to use, and lots of great tutorials available to make the learning curve easier. Great programs.

Cruba
KVRist

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:20 am

Ty for the tip, but for my lil needs I'll stick to free software or old gems. I just do skins havin problems with the standard guis for personal use. Sometimes I make them official out of a mood. ;)

Mostly I do compressed gui's, just knobs in a row with labels... lol

Return to “u-he”