Something like Roli Studio Player for u-he plugins?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Roli Studio Player (now in beta) gave me the idea of how cool it would be if possible for u-he to have something similar.

https://roli.com/stories/roli-studio-player

In a nutshell, it is all of their sound engines/synths combined into one app/plugin (Equator, Cypher2, Strobe2). So for whatever products you own, plugins and soundpacks, you can browse patches for those. So if you're looking for a pad sound, you can click the 'pad' button and then browse pad presets across all the plugins.

Of course, each u-he synth on its own has its strengths for designing and editing, but they all offer superb sound design with the presets included, in-house soundsets, and third party offerings. And often times when you are just looking to get started with a project and an inspiring preset, you might not have a plugin or type of synthesis in mind; since each offers great sounds in most categories. And often times, a certain category under a certain synth might get overlooked.

I think it too offers an opportunity to market to existing customers other plugins they could buy. You could for instance, go as far as selling soundsets for Hive to non-Hive users that can then only run in the all-in-one, player plugin. But my initial thought is more along the lines as a tool for those who own the plugins, looking to use presets, and browse them all in one place.

What do you think?

They're kinda doing it by implementing NKS support to their plugins.

Sounds like NI Kore

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37 pm They're kinda doing it by implementing NKS support to their plugins.
I'm thinking more of something by u-he.

I find Komplete Kontrol to be clunky and difficult to navigate honestly. There's no resizing of anything it seems; the window itself, the browse results, etc. Then it just lists patch names... The device or library name seems a mystery until you load it (even the large info field, if you open it, doesn't show this). I think the way Roli has done it is much better (in its current state in beta) and they're still implementing suggestions.

Point being, something by u-he could be more slick with a better interface and tailored to their products. A device of their own could help push their sales with some form of shop integration. I know it's a long shot, but it's a fun idea :)

So like the old DCAM Fusor? I thought Amber2 will be release before Fusor but hey.

I just sold swapped Cypher2 for Bazille and selling Strobe2.
Because I don't find either intuitive or fun to edit and create with and i find the GUI laggy which annoys me, although they both sound really really good.

On the other hand, u-he synths are amazingly fun to fiddle with and work very snappy.

I personally am not a fan of such hodgepodge type plugs, and I'd much more prefer if they finally allowed me to load my own samples into Equator...
but i can understand the appeal.

Ploki wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:44 pm .... and I'd much more prefer if they finally allowed me to load my own samples into Equator...
You can btw. Equator does load sfz...

But back to topic, I would rather want a universal solution, KK is one, VIP another, and for me personally I am happy with the way Bitwig is dealing with what I would call preset centric sound management (vs. plug-in centric)...
To put just all the u-he plug-ins into a management tool does not appeal to me, could maybe interesting for those who only have u-he and nothing else, but thats for sure an almost non-existing minority...

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:20 am
Ploki wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:44 pm .... and I'd much more prefer if they finally allowed me to load my own samples into Equator...

But back to topic, I would rather want a universal solution, KK is one, VIP another, and for me personally I am happy with the way Bitwig is dealing with what I would call preset centric sound management (vs. plug-in centric)...
To put just all the u-he plug-ins into a management tool does not appeal to me, could maybe interesting for those who only have u-he and nothing else, but thats for sure an almost non-existing minority...
How do you do that :o this seems to be new... i'll look into it, thanks

isn't SFZ soundfont? Seems... arhcaic

SFZ is not SoundFont, it's an entirely different format.

Ploki wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:20 am
How do you do that :o this seems to be new... i'll look into it, thanks

isn't SFZ soundfont? Seems... arhcaic
The only thing which is new, that part of an older Creators manual is not there in the recent one:
http://questmktg.com/wp-content/uploads ... -Rev-C.pdf
https://support.roli.com/support/soluti ... tor-manual
Page 36...
I did not test it in the last build. But it was there definitely already some years ago...

weird, i'm pretty sure i wrote about external sample support and they said "doesnt exist"

okay i'll dive into it, this makes equator 10x more useful.

joeyluck wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:16 pm The Roli Studio Player (now in beta) gave me the idea of how cool it would be if possible for u-he to have something similar.

What do you think?
I think I want Zebra 3 and Bazille 2 far far more than having that development time put towards something I might not even end up using or even installing.

Agreed, features sets for existing and new synths far outweigh this...

pdxindy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:45 pm I think I want Zebra 3 and Bazille 2 far far more than having that development time put towards something I might not even end up using or even installing.
vertibration wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:46 pm Agreed, features sets for existing and new synths far outweigh this...
+1

Can't argue with that haha.

I certainly don't think it should take precedent and doesn't have to happen now. Could happen years from now... Just a concept I think is cool.

So as I'm browsing patches between Zebra2/HZ, Hive, Bazille, Podolski, etc., I still find myself wishing something like this existed. There can be lots of overlap in the style of sounds, all great quality. I gave Komplete Kontrol a try and it is clunky and not optimal compared to what something like a custom plugin like Roli Studio Player can offer. Again, something like this could also help promote other u-he synths that the user doesn't own.

But it's not gonna happen so...

Return to “u-he”