Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

topaz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:05 pm No it doesn't, ps I love your music and your dad is a total legend ;-)

chimp_spanner wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:59 pm Oh right, weird! Does Omnisphere have a Multi-Core setting? If so, maybe try turning it off? I know some plugins (like Kontakt) advise you not to have it enabled in both the plugin *and* the host as it can cause problems. Otherwise, not sure what's going on. I don't use Omnisphere unfortunately!
Damn well sorry man, wish I could help! Besides the usual "update your plugin" stuff, I'd say open up a ticket and see what comes of it. And thank you very much!! Glad ya dig. Do you know my dad or just know of him? Small world if so!
Insert something profound/blatant self promotion/DAW specs here.

I use to get midi files from him way back when I used to do covers gigs in london.

:wink:
chimp_spanner wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:17 pm And thank you very much!! Glad ya dig. Do you know my dad or just know of him? Small world if so!

topaz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:20 pm I use to get midi files from him way back when I used to do covers gigs in london.

:wink:
chimp_spanner wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:17 pm And thank you very much!! Glad ya dig. Do you know my dad or just know of him? Small world if so!
Oh wow, well I shall pass on the kind words! He's not doing as much music as he used to; MS has totally ruined his hearing but, he still programs songs here and there. And he's still way better than me ;)
Insert something profound/blatant self promotion/DAW specs here.

chimp_spanner wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:27 pmAs for the "other performance improvements", 10.3 runs better even without VSTs.
Native devices & REs were previously using fixed 64 samples buffer, whereas now they adjust to what you set in Settings.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Oh, I’m very sorry to hear that :-( please do.
chimp_spanner wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 pm
chimp_spanner wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:17 pm Oh wow, well I shall pass on the kind words! He's not doing as much music as he used to; MS has totally ruined his hearing but, he still programs songs here and there. And he's still way better than me ;)
Last edited by topaz on Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:00 pm For reference:

[*]Removed Allihoopa button[/list]

https://www.propellerheads.com/en/reaso ... S53jZbjKFI
Is that just defunct now?

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:52 pm
EnochLight wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:00 pm For reference:

[*]Removed Allihoopa button[/list]

https://www.propellerheads.com/en/reaso ... S53jZbjKFI
Is that just defunct now?
Allihoopa shut down a couple of months ago.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

It was done so poorly.

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:42 pm It was done so poorly.
Clearly, without a business model to actually generate revenue, it was living on borrowed time.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

It was just annoying to have the button there in the first place, regardless of whether it was a good service or not
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 pm It was just annoying to have the button there in the first place, regardless of whether it was a good service or not
Would like to see an MP3 Quik Export button there instead.
Is Reason the only DAW that doesn't have MP3 export?

festeringheap wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:01 pm
Deep Purple wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 pm It was just annoying to have the button there in the first place, regardless of whether it was a good service or not
Would like to see an MP3 Quik Export button there instead.
Is Reason the only DAW that doesn't have MP3 export?
I'd rather just access things like that from the menu. I don't really want a button for a service that I probably won't ever use.
Sweet child in time...

Actually the whole iOS fad was doomed from the start as predicted.

I thought this was interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAeC_RJpW3I

Some of the real-world testing is quite in line with what I'm experiencing.

rewrite history wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 pm Actually the whole iOS fad was doomed from the start as predicted.
I think a lot of companies have done very well from their iOS ventures, but Propellerheads really hasn't made good decisions.
Sweet child in time...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”