Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
chimp_spanner
KVRist
67 posts since 27 Jan, 2003 from Colchester, Essex, England

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am

topaz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:05 am
No it doesn't, ps I love your music and your dad is a total legend ;-)

chimp_spanner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:59 am
Oh right, weird! Does Omnisphere have a Multi-Core setting? If so, maybe try turning it off? I know some plugins (like Kontakt) advise you not to have it enabled in both the plugin *and* the host as it can cause problems. Otherwise, not sure what's going on. I don't use Omnisphere unfortunately!
Damn well sorry man, wish I could help! Besides the usual "update your plugin" stuff, I'd say open up a ticket and see what comes of it. And thank you very much!! Glad ya dig. Do you know my dad or just know of him? Small world if so!
Insert something profound/blatant self promotion/DAW specs here.

User avatar
topaz
KVRAF
4363 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:20 am

I use to get midi files from him way back when I used to do covers gigs in london.

:wink:
chimp_spanner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am
And thank you very much!! Glad ya dig. Do you know my dad or just know of him? Small world if so!

chimp_spanner
KVRist
67 posts since 27 Jan, 2003 from Colchester, Essex, England

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:27 am

topaz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:20 am
I use to get midi files from him way back when I used to do covers gigs in london.

:wink:
chimp_spanner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am
And thank you very much!! Glad ya dig. Do you know my dad or just know of him? Small world if so!
Oh wow, well I shall pass on the kind words! He's not doing as much music as he used to; MS has totally ruined his hearing but, he still programs songs here and there. And he's still way better than me ;)
Insert something profound/blatant self promotion/DAW specs here.

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
2188 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:33 am

chimp_spanner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 am
As for the "other performance improvements", 10.3 runs better even without VSTs.
Native devices & REs were previously using fixed 64 samples buffer, whereas now they adjust to what you set in Settings.
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

User avatar
topaz
KVRAF
4363 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:36 am

Oh, I’m very sorry to hear that :-( please do.
chimp_spanner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:27 am
chimp_spanner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am
Oh wow, well I shall pass on the kind words! He's not doing as much music as he used to; MS has totally ruined his hearing but, he still programs songs here and there. And he's still way better than me ;)
Last edited by topaz on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

reggie1979
KVRist
263 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:52 am

EnochLight wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:00 am
For reference:


[*]Removed Allihoopa button[/list]

https://www.propellerheads.com/en/reaso ... S53jZbjKFI
Is that just defunct now?

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
1157 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from your mom

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:03 am

reggie1979 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:52 am
EnochLight wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:00 am
For reference:


[*]Removed Allihoopa button[/list]

https://www.propellerheads.com/en/reaso ... S53jZbjKFI
Is that just defunct now?
Allihoopa shut down a couple of months ago.
  • Presonus Studio One 4 | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.3 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | Akai MPC Live | too many RE's to name

reggie1979
KVRist
263 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:42 am

It was done so poorly.

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
1157 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from your mom

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:57 am

reggie1979 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:42 am
It was done so poorly.
Clearly, without a business model to actually generate revenue, it was living on borrowed time.
  • Presonus Studio One 4 | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.3 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | Akai MPC Live | too many RE's to name

User avatar
Deep Purple
KVRian
1125 posts since 9 Jan, 2015 from NY, NY

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:23 am

It was just annoying to have the button there in the first place, regardless of whether it was a good service or not
Sweet child in time...

festeringheap
KVRist
336 posts since 7 Mar, 2011

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Deep Purple wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:23 am
It was just annoying to have the button there in the first place, regardless of whether it was a good service or not
Would like to see an MP3 Quik Export button there instead.
Is Reason the only DAW that doesn't have MP3 export?

User avatar
Deep Purple
KVRian
1125 posts since 9 Jan, 2015 from NY, NY

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:21 pm

festeringheap wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:01 pm
Deep Purple wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:23 am
It was just annoying to have the button there in the first place, regardless of whether it was a good service or not
Would like to see an MP3 Quik Export button there instead.
Is Reason the only DAW that doesn't have MP3 export?
I'd rather just access things like that from the menu. I don't really want a button for a service that I probably won't ever use.
Sweet child in time...

rewrite history
KVRist
81 posts since 13 Mar, 2019

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Actually the whole iOS fad was doomed from the start as predicted.

reggie1979
KVRist
263 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:11 pm

I thought this was interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAeC_RJpW3I

Some of the real-world testing is quite in line with what I'm experiencing.

User avatar
Deep Purple
KVRian
1125 posts since 9 Jan, 2015 from NY, NY

Re: Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:49 pm

rewrite history wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:53 pm
Actually the whole iOS fad was doomed from the start as predicted.
I think a lot of companies have done very well from their iOS ventures, but Propellerheads really hasn't made good decisions.
Sweet child in time...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”