Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FabFilter's site is getting slammed hard right now. :lol:

Tempting as that deal is, I've wafted back and forth between owning a few of the FabFilter plugins (bought and sold them here).

I'm so well-covered at this point between Blue Cat, Goodhertz, u-he, and TDR, that I just don't need them.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:00 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:37 pm Re: FabFilter 40% off (!) sale:

Make sure you check your loyalty discount AND the resellers. Right now (subject to change), BestService's price on Pro C-2 is lower than my loyalty price.
:tu:

But in almost all cases, isn't the loyalty discount you see in your FabFilter account better than everywhere else? And this is even better if you are looking to add more than one plugin to the ones you already own.

Just want to clarify my understanding.
I can only speak for myself and stand by my statement. As always YMMV. Don't check the resellers, I don't care.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

I couldn't work without the Fabfilter plugins, in particular Pro-Q3 and Pro-L2. There are a lot of good alternatives out there, but nothing is really at the same level.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

It looks like a Fabfilter was slower to show the discounts than the third party sites. My Fabfilter account now does show as cheaper than Best Service

mgw38 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:27 pm I couldn't work without the Fabfilter plugins, in particular Pro-Q3 and Pro-L2. There are a lot of good alternatives out there, but nothing is really at the same level.
To clarify, there are of course some slightly better sounding plugins, but FabFilter totally wins in the workflow category.
That makes up twice, because to get there to the better sounding other plugin, you would have to tweak longer and possibly give up on the way and wouldn't even reach the better sounding version :)

(Just had to write that down for myself to justify buying Pro-C2 and Pro-R) :D

masterhiggins wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:06 am
Fleer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:01 am
Musical Gym wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 am Just a little over 5 hours to go on the next audioplugin.deals special.
Wonder what it will be.
Yep, those guys kill me.
One thing’s for sure. It won’t be an actual plugin, but instead a nfr sample library.
Nope, Acon Digital Mastering Suite.

I can buy Pro-R for approximately $70 with this sale (based on the FabFilter stuff I already own). Would people here recommend it if I already have Valhalla as well as (too) many other reverbs (Eventide, Waves, etc.)? In particular, I would be interested to know if Pro-R is light on CPU, as I have found that all of the other FabFilter plugins are light enough for me to use on my Windows tablet :).

Thanks in advance!

Not exactly light for me (2x VRoom/VPlate CPU consumption).

soundbylaura wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:26 pm

Make sure you check your loyalty discount AND the resellers. Right now (subject to change), BestService's price on Pro C-2 is lower than my loyalty price.

But in almost all cases, isn't the loyalty discount you see in your FabFilter account better than everywhere else? And this is even better if you are looking to add more than one plugin to the ones you already own.

I can only speak for myself and stand by my statement. As always YMMV. Don't check the resellers, I don't care.
Why do I feel you got a bit offended, that too for no reason?

Excuse me if that's not the case.

bharris22 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:59 pm I can buy Pro-R for approximately $70 with this sale (based on the FabFilter stuff I already own). Would people here recommend it if I already have Valhalla as well as (too) many other reverbs (Eventide, Waves, etc.)? In particular, I would be interested to know if Pro-R is light on CPU, as I have found that all of the other FabFilter plugins are light enough for me to use on my Windows tablet :).

Thanks in advance!
Download it and try it on your machine, you get a 30 day trial.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am For just $49.99 (instead of $129), get the Mastering Suite by ACON Digital. The Mastering Suite contains 5 plugins: Dynamics, Multiband Dynamics, Limit, Equalize and Dither.

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2
Deal Expires: April 28th
This and FabFilter. Making my day :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:14 pm

The bold part isn't true, though, and I think that's soundbylaura is pointing out. I own Timeless 2, Twin 2, Volcano 2, and One, and it's cheaper for me to go through resellers than to buy from Fabfilter with my in-account discount.

You seemed to suggest it wasn't worth the time to check resellers and soundbylaura disagreed.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:14 pm

I can't answer the question of what your price will be because I don't have your FF account or your BestCoin account or your TimeSpace loyalty account etc. But here you are telling me I'm wrong even though you don't have my FF account or my BestCoin account or my TimeSpace loyalty account.

I'm not wrong. For me. $74 at TimeSpace is less than $86 at FF. If you want the best price, go look at resellers. Or don't, I don't give a crap. But don't assume I'm wrong without actually doing any of the work for yourself.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ausen.html

@PluginAlliance Ive got to ask how the hell do you find out how much this is. SO convoluted, I can see 14 day demo, I can see free plugin popups (irritating, but that's a personal hate with any popups).
How does someone actually make a purchase. I cant see a price etc?

Thanks
Last edited by MFXxx on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”