Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

NO noise in next update, pls!!!

Stepping through the 17 presets from the “Ambient Spaces“-folder which I made for the factory library of ValhallaDelay, using a simple guitar sequence as the audio input, tweaking a few delay parameters here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3jfGt1QjT8

HcDoom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:54 am NO noise in next update, pls!!!
Turn down age knob

Not everybody wants a noise free plugin .
I love a bit of noise
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

dubguy99 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:54 am Meanwhile I'm the kind of weirdo that wishes you could push the BBD noise even further LOL

The noise actually gets a lot quieter if you push the drive.
No, it only gets distorted and compressed. Whatever settings you dial in, the noise is always super dominant... it's always different flavors of very noisy.

Besides I agree with those who say a ducking function is totally missing.

Yesterday I had the spontaneous strong urge to purchase it right away... today I highly doubt whether I should at all... and I am such a huge Valhalla fan. :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:06 pm
Turn down age knob

I love a bit of noise
I agree, but I want it like an option, like how IK’s Tape Delay works.

But, frankly I have plenty of plugins already that give me a noiseless tape delay effect already (including the IK plugin), and that aspect of Valhalla Delay will in no way effect my purchase of this plugins. I listed to the demos last night and I’m already sold.

I’d love to hear someone do a shoot out with the best tape delay emulation hardware, actual tape delays and software delays. I’ve got the Strymon Volante on my G.A.S. list. I’ll probably still buy that just because my plan for it is to have a knobby delay after my pre-ordered MircoFreak.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

jens wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:12 pmBesides I agree with those who say a ducking function is totally missing.
That would be a nice add, but one thing I love about Bitwig its side band device. It’s very easy to set a ducking delay on anything. I’d be more interested in a noise control, but it won’t dissuade me from getting it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Turn down age knob

I love a bit of noise
As has been mentioned, even with Age set to zero, the noise is still quite prevalent - and again, it's not even the noise per se, but how it sounds... for starters, it seems to have a strange envelope... in a way it seems to be added on top of the actual signal in a way it would not be with a real BBD - but that's just my impression.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Great delay indeed. I might buy it after more testing. Good price too. I think i like Replika XT still more and better for some reasons but this is also really something i like and also different enough from my other delays. But no hurry since the price will not go up and down like with other plug-ins.
So far my favorite Valhalla plug-in.

Insta buy ...i love surface noise.Another superb product from Valhalla
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Turn down age knob

I love a bit of noise
I didn't notice noise on VDelay, but, i recently purchased Waves H-Delay, and i absolutely hate the noise, and, especially, the not to deativate distortion in the delay's signal path. Unfortunately, i didn't notice that while demoing it, but, on headphones, it's pretty apparent. :roll: Why do devs do that, and don't let you deactivate it? I can understand that when you model analog delay, but, not on general purpose digital delays.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We will have an update in a few days that will address some of the noise issues in the BBD mode, so hang tight.
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:08 pm
Turn down age knob

I love a bit of noise
I didn't notice noise on VDelay, but, i recently purchased Waves H-Delay, and i absolutely hate the noise, and, especially, the not to deativate distortion in the delay's signal path. Unfortunately, i didn't notice that while demoing it, but, on headphones, it's pretty apparent. :roll: Why do devs do that, and don't let you deactivate it? I can understand that when you model analog delay, but, not on general purpose digital delays.

I guess emulating analog noise is probably rather difficult to get right... and if it isn't spot on it might very well turn the plugin into some kind of parody...

When I contacted support for the excessive BBD noise, Sean replied to me very quickly and said the next update should deal with it and provide a way to reduce the noise (likely using the Age knob).

bleen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:31 pm We will have an update in a few days that will address some of the noise issues in the BBD mode, so hang tight.

Fantastic news!

Return to “Effects”