Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
jens
KVRAF
19341 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 pm

Gone soft wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:21 pm
No messing about with looking into the registry where some other company have automagically messed things up,
I wish I could slap some sense into every developer who uses some "Steinberg"-folder on his own during installation without even asking me. I never ownded any Steinberg product and always try to be careful when installing plugins and yet I always end up with two or three Steinberg folders on every single f**king one of my computers.
Would you believe these guys must be pretty bright what with being developers and all?

jens
KVRAF

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 pm

TheProBeats wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:22 pm
How does this one compare to Waves H-Delay or EchoBoy?
I cringe whenever someone mentions H-Delay - Waves' Metafilter is superior in every regard as a delay.

Lesha
KVRian
1425 posts since 18 Feb, 2005 from Serbia

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:59 pm

bleen wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:34 pm
VST2 or VST3? We're changing the Windows installer in the next couple of days to make the VST paths follow the expected paths, along with a few bug fixes.

Currently, the VST3 installs to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST3 - this will change to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 as well as give you the option to specify your own directory if you'd like.
There is a default VST path in the Windows registry, this thread should help you: viewtopic.php?t=362555

And here is the utility mentioned: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedi ... path.shtml

As far as I am concerned we should have a choice where to install VST2 plugins, as the majority of devs offer and as many of us have custom folders. VST3 is another matter, it's already standardized.
It's easy if you know how

TheProBeats
KVRer
25 posts since 1 Apr, 2019

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:05 pm

jens wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 pm
TheProBeats wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:22 pm
How does this one compare to Waves H-Delay or EchoBoy?
I cringe whenever someone mentions H-Delay - Waves' Metafilter is superior in every regard as a delay.
Well it doesn't really matter which plugin you're using at all. When you can get the desired effect out of any plugin it doesn't really matter which plugin it is. Just wanted to know how it compared to those 2 out of interest.

jens
KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:30 pm

Since H-Delay is rather limited both function- and soundwise Valhalla Delay pisses all over it.

voidhead23
KVRist
159 posts since 5 Jan, 2018 from Beijing, PRC

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:33 pm

i dig it. Wasn't planning on buying it but did, as it did something i was specifically looking for and was having a difficult time achieving in my stock delays, Echoboy and Replika, which is a nice crunchy, but attractive, sounding digital delay. The repeats sound full and the interface is super easy to fiddle with. i can now probably get rid of Echoboy and Replika, neither of which i'm a huge fan of. The noise involved with turning up the Age knob is a little frustrating (as i want to use this as a Return effect), but i don't think you can actively covet some objective deficiencies of hardware while dismissing the others. It's part of the deal.

SeeingInMidi
KVRist
304 posts since 2 Aug, 2013

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:42 am

There seems to be a problem with displaying automation values in the vst3 version. A value is not displayed.

Rivanni
KVRist
74 posts since 4 Feb, 2017

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:03 am

SeeingInMidi wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:42 am
There seems to be a problem with displaying automation values in the vst3 version. A value is not displayed.
Confirmed

Hadrondrift
KVRist
45 posts since 13 Sep, 2013 from Third Planet->Germany->Berlin

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 am

The vst3 version generally needs some love. My latest problem: It freezes Cubase 10.0.20 when its window is switched to "always on top". Everything fine with vst2.
Gone soft wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:21 pm
Especially loving the Ghost and RevPitch modes. :love: :wheee:
RevPitch mode is my favorite. With just a little bit of Detune it can create huge unreal silky sound spaces I can't stop listening to. :ud:

Trancit
KVRAF
2071 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:43 am

I am a bit torn apart...
It´s a great plugin for sound mangling and more creative stuff but hat I miss is at least one clean sounding algo... every algo on this delay is somehow muffeled and for me not suitable at all for stuff with high content...

Second: Is there any way to link the settings for left and right channels if in dual or pingpong mode??

bmanic
KVRAF
8389 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:48 am

I really f**ked up yesterday. I downloaded the demo. Never ever download a demo of a Valhalla plugin when you are dirt poor. It's a very bad idea. Yeah, I know it's just the price of a few lunches but there goes a few lunches or a half tank of gas.

f**k!! This thing is ridiculously good. Damn you Sean! So yeah, I'll be walking to work for a week.. or not eating anything. :x
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

egbert
KVRAF
3974 posts since 21 Oct, 2001 from my bolthole in the south pacific

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:59 am

It should come with vouchers for Happy Meals in Finland - donated by DJT of course, he must have a few on hand.

vurt
addled muppet weed
44242 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:26 am

bmanic wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:48 am
I really f**ked up yesterday. I downloaded the demo. Never ever download a demo of a Valhalla plugin when you are dirt poor. It's a very bad idea. Yeah, I know it's just the price of a few lunches but there goes a few lunches or a half tank of gas.

f**k!! This thing is ridiculously good. Damn you Sean! So yeah, I'll be walking to work for a week.. or not eating anything. :x
food is over rated.

chk071
KVRAF
19819 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:27 am

jens wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:30 pm
Since H-Delay is rather limited both function- and soundwise Valhalla Delay pisses all over it.
I agree. Could actually kick myself that i bought it, and didn't wait for this.

cnt
KVRist
260 posts since 9 Mar, 2001

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:35 am

Just demo'it it.. Sounds amazing. It has it's own sound for sure! Everything that comes out of it sounds "dub". It's not a "I only need one delay / goto-delay" for simple delay tasks. Which is fine since all DAWs has simple delays already.

I regret buying Ohmforce Infinity since it's still a buggy beta..
/ C'n'T
Hi People! I'm an addict. Music is my drug.

Return to “Effects”