Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Gone soft wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:21 am No messing about with looking into the registry where some other company have automagically messed things up,
I wish I could slap some sense into every developer who uses some "Steinberg"-folder on his own during installation without even asking me. I never ownded any Steinberg product and always try to be careful when installing plugins and yet I always end up with two or three Steinberg folders on every single f**king one of my computers.
Would you believe these guys must be pretty bright what with being developers and all?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

TheProBeats wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 am How does this one compare to Waves H-Delay or EchoBoy?
I cringe whenever someone mentions H-Delay - Waves' Metafilter is superior in every regard as a delay.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

bleen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:34 amVST2 or VST3? We're changing the Windows installer in the next couple of days to make the VST paths follow the expected paths, along with a few bug fixes.

Currently, the VST3 installs to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST3 - this will change to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 as well as give you the option to specify your own directory if you'd like.
There is a default VST path in the Windows registry, this thread should help you: viewtopic.php?t=362555

And here is the utility mentioned: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedi ... path.shtml

As far as I am concerned we should have a choice where to install VST2 plugins, as the majority of devs offer and as many of us have custom folders. VST3 is another matter, it's already standardized.
It's easy if you know how

jens wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:49 am
TheProBeats wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 am How does this one compare to Waves H-Delay or EchoBoy?
I cringe whenever someone mentions H-Delay - Waves' Metafilter is superior in every regard as a delay.
Well it doesn't really matter which plugin you're using at all. When you can get the desired effect out of any plugin it doesn't really matter which plugin it is. Just wanted to know how it compared to those 2 out of interest.

Since H-Delay is rather limited both function- and soundwise Valhalla Delay pisses all over it.

i dig it. Wasn't planning on buying it but did, as it did something i was specifically looking for and was having a difficult time achieving in my stock delays, Echoboy and Replika, which is a nice crunchy, but attractive, sounding digital delay. The repeats sound full and the interface is super easy to fiddle with. i can now probably get rid of Echoboy and Replika, neither of which i'm a huge fan of. The noise involved with turning up the Age knob is a little frustrating (as i want to use this as a Return effect), but i don't think you can actively covet some objective deficiencies of hardware while dismissing the others. It's part of the deal.

There seems to be a problem with displaying automation values in the vst3 version. A value is not displayed.

SeeingInMidi wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:42 am There seems to be a problem with displaying automation values in the vst3 version. A value is not displayed.
Confirmed

The vst3 version generally needs some love. My latest problem: It freezes Cubase 10.0.20 when its window is switched to "always on top". Everything fine with vst2.
Gone soft wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:21 amEspecially loving the Ghost and RevPitch modes. :love: :wheee:
RevPitch mode is my favorite. With just a little bit of Detune it can create huge unreal silky sound spaces I can't stop listening to. :ud:

I am a bit torn apart...
It´s a great plugin for sound mangling and more creative stuff but hat I miss is at least one clean sounding algo... every algo on this delay is somehow muffeled and for me not suitable at all for stuff with high content...

Second: Is there any way to link the settings for left and right channels if in dual or pingpong mode??

I really f**ked up yesterday. I downloaded the demo. Never ever download a demo of a Valhalla plugin when you are dirt poor. It's a very bad idea. Yeah, I know it's just the price of a few lunches but there goes a few lunches or a half tank of gas.

f**k!! This thing is ridiculously good. Damn you Sean! So yeah, I'll be walking to work for a week.. or not eating anything. :x
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

It should come with vouchers for Happy Meals in Finland - donated by DJT of course, he must have a few on hand.

bmanic wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:48 am I really f**ked up yesterday. I downloaded the demo. Never ever download a demo of a Valhalla plugin when you are dirt poor. It's a very bad idea. Yeah, I know it's just the price of a few lunches but there goes a few lunches or a half tank of gas.

f**k!! This thing is ridiculously good. Damn you Sean! So yeah, I'll be walking to work for a week.. or not eating anything. :x
food is over rated.

jens wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 am Since H-Delay is rather limited both function- and soundwise Valhalla Delay pisses all over it.
I agree. Could actually kick myself that i bought it, and didn't wait for this.

Just demo'it it.. Sounds amazing. It has it's own sound for sure! Everything that comes out of it sounds "dub". It's not a "I only need one delay / goto-delay" for simple delay tasks. Which is fine since all DAWs has simple delays already.

I regret buying Ohmforce Infinity since it's still a buggy beta..

Return to “Effects”